The Ducks are Quacking....

These Middle East billionaires have turned the world of soccer on its head by buying up teams that really don't have a history and then spending tons of money on the best players.
Soccer, F1, horse racing. I was in abu Dhabi just before the pandemic. They were taking bets on midget racing and birth... Dudes just are all about competition.

Advertisement
And the whole country thought Riley was going to be coach for life in Oklahoma. What's your point?
Everyone knew he was leaving OU. LSU was where everyone painted him to go. He went to USC. Why because money money money private jet they bought him a 6 million dollar house cars for him and his wife. Etc

Ok. So since I'd love to see some of y'all simply shut the **** up with this topic of money not happening like that I'll explain. The main money and instigator behind all of this has been Carol soffer & her business partners. For those of you unaware of who her main business partners are, that would be Dubai world... For those of you unaware who the main benefactors are in Dubai world (Carol soffer and her family are worth billions with a b) it's Mohammed bin Rashid Al mahktum aka THE CROWN PRINCE OF DUBAI who along with his father have many billions with a B... I can't give you a rational explanation as to why he would care about Miami sports as far as I know he doesn't. But he's a huge sports junkie and he's been to several canes games where he's sat with us in the president's box along with Carol. From what I know a very supportive business partner... Take that as you will. The network we have access to isn't scared of Phil knight (who by the way is no longer anywhere near as active as some of y'all seem to think when it relates to coaches)
**** dude. I didn’t know that connection. Thanks for the insight as always. Those cats in UAE and other parts of the Middle East tend to love sports, want to be close to the action and not afraid to spend.

Everyone knew he was leaving OU. LSU was where everyone painted him to go. He went to USC. Why because money money money private jet they bought him a 6 million dollar house cars for him and his wife. Etc
Everyone ? You’re smoking crack, there was rumors about Lsu but most people thought he was staying. Lsu has tried huge hires the last go round and got turned down . Then jimbo and others this time.

Ok. So since I'd love to see some of y'all simply shut the **** up with this topic of money not happening like that I'll explain. The main money and instigator behind all of this has been Carol soffer & her business partners. For those of you unaware of who her main business partners are, that would be Dubai world... For those of you unaware who the main benefactors are in Dubai world (Carol soffer and her family are worth billions with a b) it's Mohammed bin Rashid Al mahktum aka THE CROWN PRINCE OF DUBAI who along with his father have many billions with a B... I can't give you a rational explanation as to why he would care about Miami sports as far as I know he doesn't. But he's a huge sports junkie and he's been to several canes games where he's sat with us in the president's box along with Carol. From what I know a very supportive business partner... Take that as you will. The network we have access to isn't scared of Phil knight (who by the way is no longer anywhere near as active as some of y'all seem to think when it relates to coaches)
Nah, I don't believe.

Fat Phil already bought me out and I'll be moving to the Pacific.

All roads lead to Eugene.

Advertisement

This is why I pay $50/month for premium content on this site.

Lol. U really misread that room my g. If you think SC gave him money and that was the main factor in him going there like LSU couldn't and wouldn't have gave him far more you really should look at those tea leaves again. He went to sc because of the individual he is. What he relates to in individuals and what demographic of kids work best in his system. If he finds a good DC college football better look out. No different from us getting a real staff to replace these *** clowns. But Riley at lsu simply isn't a fit. That's why he didn't go there. Not money. Before any of y'all say well he related to those Oklahoma kids plenty well, do your research and see what those ou teams cores we're built from.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Mario's visit to Miami recently is big. First, no way he didn't speak to anyone from Miami about the job. Second, if his mom is really that ill, and I hope she gets well, that long flight back to Oregon probably took a toll on him. Imagine having an older parent and you can be near them towards the end as opposed to the opposite corner of the country? No way.

Time for some real talk.

I've read the Oregon board and their Mario to Miami threads. Here's the one thing that they keep on overlooking or easily dismissing:

YOU CAN'T BEAT HOME. Home is undefeated. How much does Mario value going home?

Let me tell you a story. I was born in Queens but raised in Palatka, Florida. My mother was killed in a car accident when I was four, my father killed himself the following year. Instead of me, my older brother and sister going into foster care, my 70 year old maternal grandparents adopted us and we moved from Queens NY to Palatka FL. At the age of 25, I became a Christian and met my wife in Peniel Baptist Church (where her family continues to attend to this day). I love Peniel. I still have a great relationship with the pastor who is there and I consider him my mentor (and he would agree). Many of the men who discipled me are still there and when my wife and I visit Palatka, I still attend that church and visit with all my former church members and pastor. After a few years, that church sent me to Dallas, TX to go to Bible college (DBU & Criswell), and then to seminary (SWBTS). I pastored a church just west of Dallas (Chico, TX area), and now we have been in Kansas for almost 6 years. The pastor of Peniel is getting older and he will be retiring probably in the next five years.

You bet your *** that I will be applying for that position. Why?

Because IT'S HOME. I have such a love and respect for the church where the Lord saved me and then discipled me. I have such a love and respect for the men of that church who poured their lives into mine. I have such a love and respect for the pastor there; it would be an honor to follow in his steps. My wife's family is there. My older sister lives in Jacksonville (hr north). My older brother lives in Winter Haven. Palatka is Home.

For Mario, Miami is home.

That's more than anything Oregon can offer.
I was born and raised in the original 305. Been away for 38 years. The 305 will always be home.

Advertisement
Back