The Ducks are Quacking....

Advertisement
How can they be that confident (maybe arrogant?) that it’s so improbable Mario comes home to Miami when Riley left OU and Kelly left Notre Dame so suddenly.

Both Notre Dame and OU are consistently competitive in the playoff race and have made it in recent years. But Oregon is that much better? L M A O

I read that thread… it’s really insane. Mario may not come but they’re delusional. My favorite is the mod saying “if it was 2018 I would have been concerned”… so you’re saying in three years Oregon can be a better job than Miami, but the reverse can’t happen with the best recruiting ground in the country and the ACC rookie of the year at qb? Ridiculous

They might wanna be careful acting like Oregon unbeatable. They are no longer the only fish in their small pond. USC is the megalodon in that same pond. Because players can transfer once without penalty now, USC could potentially field a better roster than Oregon by the time the 2022 season starts.

This report is all homer speculation. It has zero information one way or the other just states that Oregon Admin will step up if that's necessary. Not a shocker. If I was an Oregon fan, I'd think Oregon was a better job than Miami too. However, you can't put a price or metric on coaching at your alma mater, in the city you grew up in, surrounded by your people (family, friends, cubans, people who get your vibe).

I'm praying the last two weeks the administration/BOT has been getting a plan in place that all leads to upping the football budget, new AD, and Cristobal. Alignment at all levels is what is needed.

Advertisement
If Mario wasn’t coming to Miami I would think he would have shut it down long ago. With regard to this school if they had their man they would have fired manny. my guess is Miami still has to have an AD before it gets to shoot it’s shot. If Mario likes the AD And the the pitch he might come.
Nobody is waiting for a AD

I’m more worried about all the ducks on campus than these message board quackers. They really think Oregon the place is recruiting itself and not Mario lol

I have stood next to Njoku, and looked like a high school JV freshman next to him. Cristobal looks like he can put on a uniform and play.
I couldn't believe Mark Mangino coaching at Kansas.

How could players respect a coach that looked like that?

Advertisement
bduck-duck.gif

basketball-player.gif

People act like Oregon is some football meca, last time I check their “O” hand signal stands for “0 National Championships”

If Miami gives Mario 75% of what it takes to get the program humming at Oregon he can make it happen at Miami with the best players in the country in his hometown.

Advertisement
What’s craziest to me is they’re talking like he’s the 2nd coming of Christ and he’s entrenched in that job with optimism around the program so bright it’d blind a man 1000 times over, and if he was here and lost to Stanford and got pasted like that to Utah you guys would be pooling money for banners 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

That alone should tell you Oregon isn’t the program they are telling themselves it is.

Time for some real talk.

I've read the Oregon board and their Mario to Miami threads. Here's the one thing that they keep on overlooking or easily dismissing:

YOU CAN'T BEAT HOME. Home is undefeated. How much does Mario value going home?

Let me tell you a story. I was born in Queens but raised in Palatka, Florida. My mother was killed in a car accident when I was four, my father killed himself the following year. Instead of me, my older brother and sister going into foster care, my 70 year old maternal grandparents adopted us and we moved from Queens NY to Palatka FL. At the age of 25, I became a Christian and met my wife in Peniel Baptist Church (where her family continues to attend to this day). I love Peniel. I still have a great relationship with the pastor who is there and I consider him my mentor (and he would agree). Many of the men who discipled me are still there and when my wife and I visit Palatka, I still attend that church and visit with all my former church members and pastor. After a few years, that church sent me to Dallas, TX to go to Bible college (DBU & Criswell), and then to seminary (SWBTS). I pastored a church just west of Dallas (Chico, TX area), and now we have been in Kansas for almost 6 years. The pastor of Peniel is getting older and he will be retiring probably in the next five years.

You bet your *** that I will be applying for that position. Why?

Because IT'S HOME. I have such a love and respect for the church where the Lord saved me and then discipled me. I have such a love and respect for the men of that church who poured their lives into mine. I have such a love and respect for the pastor there; it would be an honor to follow in his steps. My wife's family is there. My older sister lives in Jacksonville (hr north). My older brother lives in Winter Haven. Palatka is Home.

For Mario, Miami is home.

That's more than anything Oregon can offer.
What happen to Queens??? Thought moving back was the ending???

Advertisement
Considering this crazy off-season, if UM does make an offer for Mario, it will probably significantly dwarf what they could have gotten him for 3 years ago.

Miami gonna Miami, I guess.

Considering the $4 million Temple 'buyout' of Diaz, the $2 million owed to fire Diaz, and what is happening to coaches' salaries currently...the idea that they'll have wasted at least...what?...$10 million dollars?

Cost of incompetence.
If Mario was hired in '18 and doing good things he would be getting a major salary bump.
If not, we would have been buying him out right about now anyway. Probably to hire....

Manny.

If I were in their shoes (blindly overly optimistic about the state of their program and truly completely clueless about UMs $ situation and thinking I know everything based off what Ive been fed from the media for the past 20 years), then Id probably be saying the same stuff as them, lol.

Time for some real talk.

I've read the Oregon board and their Mario to Miami threads. Here's the one thing that they keep on overlooking or easily dismissing:

YOU CAN'T BEAT HOME. Home is undefeated. How much does Mario value going home?

Let me tell you a story. I was born in Queens but raised in Palatka, Florida. My mother was killed in a car accident when I was four, my father killed himself the following year. Instead of me, my older brother and sister going into foster care, my 70 year old maternal grandparents adopted us and we moved from Queens NY to Palatka FL. At the age of 25, I became a Christian and met my wife in Peniel Baptist Church (where her family continues to attend to this day). I love Peniel. I still have a great relationship with the pastor who is there and I consider him my mentor (and he would agree). Many of the men who discipled me are still there and when my wife and I visit Palatka, I still attend that church and visit with all my former church members and pastor. After a few years, that church sent me to Dallas, TX to go to Bible college (DBU & Criswell), and then to seminary (SWBTS). I pastored a church just west of Dallas (Chico, TX area), and now we have been in Kansas for almost 6 years. The pastor of Peniel is getting older and he will be retiring probably in the next five years.

You bet your *** that I will be applying for that position. Why?

Because IT'S HOME. I have such a love and respect for the church where the Lord saved me and then discipled me. I have such a love and respect for the men of that church who poured their lives into mine. I have such a love and respect for the pastor there; it would be an honor to follow in his steps. My wife's family is there. My older sister lives in Jacksonville (hr north). My older brother lives in Winter Haven. Palatka is Home.

For Mario, Miami is home.

That's more than anything Oregon can offer.

Baptist? Man, once the Holier than thou Church Elders/Council here you used profanity on the Interwebs they will hire Manny to be their Pastor...That is if he needs a job.

Advertisement
Back