The dream is dead

Advertisement
With current AD and HC...less than 1% chance, I'd offer impossible...and I'm talking ACCCD Title...

New AD and HC...it's possible to be relevant again for a natty...long road ahead...

We need to just go ahead and become Sewanee 2.0

...Sewanee was a charter member of the Southern Intercollegiate Athletic Association in 1894, and also a charter member of the Southeastern Conference upon its formation in 1932, but by this time its athletic program had declined precipitously and Sewanee never won a conference football game in the eight years it was an SEC member. The Tigers were shut out 26 times in their 37 SEC games, and were outscored by a combined total of 1163–84.[3]

When vice chancellor Benjamin Ficklin Finney, who had reportedly objected to Sewanee joining the SEC, left his position in 1938, the leading candidate was Alexander Guerry, a former president of the University of Chattanooga. According to a university historian, Guerry agreed to come to Sewanee only if the school stopped awarding athletic scholarships. In 1940, two years after Guerry's arrival, Sewanee withdrew from the SEC and subsequently deemphasized varsity athletics. Guerry's stance is sometimes credited as an early step toward the 1973 creation of NCAA Division III, which prohibits athletic scholarships....[3]

Advertisement
We absolutely will win another MNC. This program can be resurrected quickly (2-3 years of really good local recruiting with some LA, TX, CA, GA and NY/NJ recruits mixed in). Butch resurrected it out of the ashes within a few years.

The program is only a competent AD and a great HC away from getting back to elite status.

As alums and/or fans we can never accept mediocrity. The football program was special...really special. Let's never settle for anything less. Fans, alums (especially former players & Golden Canes) and the BOT must never let that happen.

Things can change very quickly. Richt was an offensive coordinator away from bringing Miami back to relevance. Miami isn't dead, but it is probably ****ed for the next few years.

No he wasn’t. Why is this narrative always pushed on here and social media? Richt promotes Banda and Patke to defensive coordinator before he quit. Lmao you guys live in your own little world. Miami was NEVER going to get back to relevance with Mark Richt as head corch.

Advertisement
I was 26 when we won our last. Wow 18 years goes quick. Maybe in another 18 we can win. I would like to see one more in my lifetime. Things change. We need change to attempt to compete for one.

Advertisement
I think we are all in agreement that until the school admin and BOT really care about winning another natty, and hire an AD and coach with a ability to do it, then there is absolutely ZERO chance that Miami will even make the final four playoff, let alone win it.

Anyone in here still believe we will win another natty because I officially believe I will die before that happens... I’m 25
I know I will be dead before that happens. I actually think the school may go under financially before we ever win an ACC title. It is just that poorly run.

Last edited:
Anyone in here still believe we will win another natty because I officially believe I will die before that happens... I’m 25
Nah it's over the sports too big for the university and leadership only cares about social media she and filming music videos and announcing uniforms and no one cares. The homers keep us in a doggy style position and they are fuqin us all cause they support this ****

Advertisement
Lmfao... the U will end up being more prestigious than Johns Hopkins and Harvard in medicine, and the only sports being played will be beisbol and soccer... and I'm 65.

Nah it's over the sports too big for the university and leadership only cares about social media she and filming music videos and announcing uniforms and no one cares. The homers keep us in a doggy style position and they are fuqin us all cause they support this ****

I agree it’s over, just think the staff looks like a group of clowns now in the eyes of recruits and their families.

So dead that 2 years ago a semi retired coach had Miami playing Clemson for a spot in the playoffs.

Advertisement
Back