The dream is dead

Advertisement
tenor-13.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone in here still believe we will win another natty because I officially believe I will die before that happens... I’m 25
Miami needs 3 things to even think about #6 .

1. A President who has the vision and will commit the resources for a championship program.

2. An AD like Sam Jankovich with the experience and ability to hire the RIGHT coach that can build a championship program.

3. A coach like Howard Schnellenberger who has the program management, coaching, motivation, and recruiting skills, plus all the intangibles to actually build a championship program.

Any questions ?

Advertisement
Things can change very quickly. Richt was an offensive coordinator away from bringing Miami back to relevance. Miami isn't dead, but it is probably ****ed for the next few years.

Miami needs 3 things to even think about #6 .

1. A President who has the vision and will commit the resources for a championship program.

2. An AD like Sam Jankovich with the experience and ability to hire the RIGHT coach that can build a championship program.

3. A coach like Howard Schnellenberger who has the program management, coaching, motivation, and recruiting skills, plus all the intangibles to actually build a championship program.

Any questions ?

We need to get butch back

We've been in the ACC for 15 years now. 15. We have zero conference titles. We just suffered the most embarrassing loss in program history. The admin is not performing coaching searches. Things are getting worse, not better.

I genuinely believe we will never win another one. We're not the only has-been program. These things happen and even though CFB is cyclical, we fell out of the cycle somewhere around 2006. I think we are comparable to Nebraska, Pitt, Tennessee, USC, etc.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Those days are over. The best hope we have is to become a program like VT was under Beamer. Play tough and get 10 win seasons, always finishing ranked but not competing for championships. Maybe we’ll win the conference on a down year but don’t get your hopes up.
Nobody should ever talk about “the standard” again

Miami can win another national championship, but certain things have to happen.

1) The BOT finally joins the rest of us in the 21st century and hires an AD worth a ****, one that can successfully fundraise, maximize the funds on hand by making sensible, intelligent decisions. That AD should also understand that hires are the lifeblood of the department and they are willing to make hires that fit within what the University is. This isn't a typical factory school, coaches have to be able to "Count The Cards" as it were, in order to get the most out of the talent on the roster. You have to have an eye for the up and coming coach, because Miami can't afford to sit back and merely throw money at the hottest name on the market. Find that future hot name, land him BEFORE everyone shows up.

2) THAT AD HAS THE POWER TO DO THEIR JOB WITH MINIMAL INTERFERENCE.

If the powers that be manage to do those two things, Miami will be in good shape to compete for national titles. It all starts with that. Get a quality AD, you don't need a superstar, you need someone that can grasp the obvious, hold people accountable.

Advertisement
Back