The draft....

CspotOandG

Freshman
Is this the lowest we've had our guys in the draft in a while, or what? Kinda depressing. Shows just how hard we fell. I know some of it is probably attributed to a relatively small Senior class as well. But still. DAYUM!

Anyways....carry on.

Advertisement
Small senior class and the exodus of underclassmen after Golden's first year. Those guys would have all been great prospects coming out this year and we would have been a much better squad last season had they stayed.

Don't get too bummed the perceived lack of pro talent is an illusion created by unique circumstances.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1490110 said:
Small senior class and the exodus of underclassmen after Golden's first year. Those guys would have all been great prospects coming out this year and we would have been a much better squad last season had they stayed.

Don't get too bummed the perceived lack of pro talent is an illusion created by unique circumstances.

Yeah that's what I figured. Not trying to be a negative Nancy or anything.

Glad to see our record of the only school with 4+ 1st rouders 3 straight years still stands. **** Alabama

When do you all think McGee, Ray-Ray and Mike James go?

Brandon= 3-4 round
Mike = 5-7 round
Ray-Ray= 5-7 round

Advertisement
Sadly I can't be that optimistic.

It looks like Brandon gave himself a shot in the 4-7 range at the combine.

Mike deserves a look but, the RB market has crashed. 0 went in the first round.

Ray Ray will be a UFA.

I knew te'o cost himself some money. But **** I never thought he'd lose this month.

This draft was weird. Not too many skill positions taken. OL/DL/LB heavy first round

I knew te'o cost himself some money. But **** I never thought he'd lose this month.

This draft was weird. Not too many skill positions taken. OL/DL/LB heavy first round

RBs have always been overrated. I hope this is a trend to emphasis on the guys that make superstars out of running backs...the guys up front.

Kn[]_[]ckles3o5;1490110 said:

:stormwarning:

Advertisement
I think it was Shannon's first yr where the draft was worse for us. We had one 6th rounder I believe. I will be shocked if ray ray is drafted

Hard to see any of them get drafted at this time...Mike James is a NFL talent but there are great RBS ahead of him...

Mcgee will get drafted..he has speed

Ray Ray...could care less

Seen few drafts where more players were drafted on potential, size and athleticism than actual performance . . . bunch of workout warriors and guys new to the game or this past season was the first they got any playing time. Sure some will develop into players and others likely to cost GMs and scouting staffs their jobs.

Advertisement
For once, this is actually a good thing. The talented players stayed at Miami. Next year's draft will have plenty of orange and green, possibly on Thurday night.

Advertisement
If Brandon Washington, Olivier Vernon, and Tommy Streeter stay. BWash is probably a low 2nd-4Th round pick. Street has CRAZY measurables, would have had Morris throwing bombs to him, better overall offense, Etc... I really think Street would have round up a 1st-2nd rounder. 20/20 but dude could have been close to a true millionaire Without taxes if he would have stayed. Got VERY bad advice. He still got PAID this year , but in the long run, staying at UM probably would have been the best move. Olivier would have been at worse picked in the same position. Dude was a third rounder with really no production last year, which was partly due to being suspended.

this was a terrible draft in general. most teams went with the safe pick (OL), which tells how bad the talent at skill positions were and QB. bills gonna be qb hunting again next year after they took EJ.

Boy I Love Losin' Superbowls, did it again. Ej Manuel over every other QB in the draft? WOW! Next year we will shine! No RB's taken in round one is a little bit of a shock tho. I know you can get plenty of talent in the next 6 rounds, but normally at least 1 team will go for it.

Advertisement
Back