The Douchbags I DON'T want as HC

filmcane

Redshirt Freshman
Premium
As I stated in another thread, I would take Schiano even though he's a douchebag. I think with the right OC, we could be competing for the Coastal next year.

Here are the douches I wouldn't want:
1. Kiffen - WAAAAAAYYY Overhyped!!!! He's the Czha Czha Gabor of CFB - famous for being famous.
2. Tressel - Sorry man, but too much history and emotional baggage. Sweater vest satan should never be welcomed in Coral Gables.
3. Pelini - He's better than Golden, but then again, so is my 7 year old daughter. Too much of a hot head, too off putting and again, not SOOOO good that you can ignore all of his unpleassantness.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
Your tripping. I'd take Tressell. Pelini maybe underrated. Nebraska sucks to recruit to man. Nobody wants to go there. You have to respect a guy who never won less than 9 games IMO. That's a **** of a floor at Nebraska imo

Advertisement
When are we off probation?

We do know that Tressel will cover up that dirt. Fight fire (jimbo) with fire?

Tressel would not only win here, he would dominate here.

If it wasn't for the fact that we both are on NCAA probation then it would be a slam dunk. We almost hired him instead of Butch in the mid-90s, IIRC, so that would have been Stuart Miller's father too.

Tressel has a show-cause until December 2016. Just stop it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Give me Tressel TOMORROW.

Go back and look at what Youngstown State was in the 90s. He took all the players from the local hoods that no one else would take a chance on because they were too "edgy" or whatever and let them loose on the field. Sound familiar?

Dude got thrown out of Ohio State because he hid emails from the NCAA. The emails were about players getting free ****. Quite honestly, that is the kind of coach I would want to play for...has my back.

I know that he is an enemy or whatever but **** it, this dude would cake walk through the Coastal every year and punch Florida State in the face. Would recruit the **** out of South Florida, would put a nasty defense on the field, and would tap into those Midwest ties to get us some hogs on the OL. His biggest problem at OSU was his team not being fast enough when they played SEC teams...a problem that literally doesn't exist when you recruit South Florida correctly.

Also, added bonus: imagine the pearl clutching and hand wringing if The U hired a coach who was coming off a show cause!

Tressel has a show-cause until December 2016. Just stop it.

Not saying it's even a remote chance of him coming here but his current job title would more than likely get that dropped by the NCAA--not to mention they hammered him in a different era of perceived power by them. And yeah, I hated the guy like everyone else but he'd win here immediately.

Advertisement
If not for his show clause, I'd take Tressel in a heartbeat.

Don't let hate cloud your judgement.

Your tripping. I'd take Tressell. Pelini maybe underrated. Nebraska sucks to recruit to man. Nobody wants to go there. You have to respect a guy who never won less than 9 games IMO. That's a **** of a floor at Nebraska imo

Pelini's players love him too. They were ****ED when he got fired. I can;t agree with you Tressell though. There are way more tattoo parlors in Miami than Columbus. My sanity can't handle worrying about any possible scandals.

Too much of a hothead, yet all his players love him? hmm....

http://fansided.com/2014/11/30/nebraska-players-angry-bo-pelini-firing-rip-ad-chancellor/

http://nextimpulsesports.com/2014/12/01/nebraska-players-unleash-anger-twitter-bo-pelinis-firing/

http://nypost.com/2014/11/30/furious-nebraska-players-erupt-after-school-fires-pelini/

Seems like his players liked him. If nothing else they definitely respected him. Hothead = Yes. Too much of a hothead = No. Just a hard-nosed football coach. I'm not a huge fan, but his temper is not the issue.

Advertisement
Back