"The defense was out there too long"

Problem2

All-American
Premium
### Al Golden’s take afterward, on WQAM: “We didn’t convert well enough on third down. The defense was out there too long. We threw too interceptions in the red zone. We got beat in all three phases. We didn’t get off the field on third down. That’s what hurt us the most. The third and 15 was a back-breaker. You can still win if they get 250, 270 yards rushing. It’s when they start doing that on third down and converting it, it’s unacceptable. The fullback hurt us tonight. We couldn’t stop them inside."

More stream of consciousness from Golden: "They played better than us. On the third and longs, which we should have an advantage on, we did not execute the way we wanted to. Disappointing we didn’t hold the ball more on offense and help the defense out. We weren’t good enough on third down. The only way you can beat them when you have two turnovers is if you get two or some combination of two and a fourth down stop. We didn’t get a turnover or a fourth-down stop. Not good enough. We’ve got to regroup. I’ve got to get the guys rested up and healthy. There’s no time for excuses. No time for complaining. We’ve got a lot of football left. Duke was 0-2 in the league last year and ended up winning [the Coastal].”

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...28-17-loss-at-georgia-tech.html#storylink=cpy

This ************ :ibis-roflmao-sm3:

Advertisement
**** this ****** and his defense. His speciality is supposed to be defense. His unit should be helping the offense. **** him

Advertisement
When a head coach b****es about not being able to stop a motherf***ing fullback in 2014, you know he, his staff, and his archaic defense need to GTFOH.

Well, that and everything we've all witnessed since the moment these program-ruining a**holes arrived in Coral Gables.

We had 7.65 yards per play. FSU was #1 in the nation last year with 7.5 yards per play.

When you out recruit a team by a large margin yet still get outplayed and beat by them then you suck as a Head Coach. Golden's tenure here is littered with evidence that this is the case..

All I could do is just laugh at this point. I've already cried enough.

Advertisement
I heard that dude in Dallas with Ebola wishes to have a one on one convo with this staff to solve all our execution problems.

And so the excuses pile on. I'm waiting for the "we have to get better in all phases, and it starts with me".

It's unbelievable. Talking all this noise about the defense being tired every game???

How about we stop bending and stop the ******* ball?? I guess yards do matter, fellas. I guess you can't just let them march up and down the field and then hope they drop the pass in the endzone or get called for holding on the 12th play of the drive.

I'm so sick of this jack wagon and the excuses for why HIS WHOLE SYSTEM DOES NOT WORK.

Advertisement
The defense was out there too long, because they never got off the field. We didn't even have the ball for 20 minutes.

Advertisement
GT is over 60% for the year if its 3rd and 3 and less. Maybe the problem was other then the 3rd and 15 that most of their 3rd down conversation attempts they didn't really needed to go very far.

Remember all those threads all off-season saying how the D was fine and the TOP problem was only b/c of the offense? LOL

It is beyond me how he says we couldnt stop them inside or the fullback, but you leave DP 7 yards off the line and allow the center to go straight to him instead of attacking him. Smh

Advertisement
Back