The decommits

Ok pal.

I don’t have a disdain for local players. I have a disdain for the attitude they carry.

I have no problem with a kid not committing or decommitting due to the fact he may not be developed properly here. I have ZERO issues with that. At the same time this is an entirely new staff offensively And some tweaking defensively. While the results (w/L) have not been great this season, it doesn’t mean kids can’t develop here.

while I hate the way Rumph recruits and Banda for that matter they have put guys in the NFL.

Shaq gets a lot of heat but he is having his best season. That’s development. He was a 3 star recruit.

Roussoueu and guys like Miller are the definition of being developed. One was a 3 star that player 8 positions and the other was a 2 star.

They way you talk about Brinson you must be a relative. That kid was gonna punk us regardless of how this season went. Stop it. He just waited for the right excuse to book it.

FSU coach was fired and they lost what... 2 recruits? We lost **** near 200 in the past 8 years. I

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Advertisement
Some of you sound like that Ccanes soccer playing faccut from the old site as it relates to kids and their "loyalty" to Miami because either they are from the area, have parents who are fans, or better yet, graduated from Miami. These kids don't owe sht to the school.

LCE...

Listen I get it. You are bias towards SOFLA croots. And I’m 100% with you that our staff is a joke, but...

We are not the only team struggling to win ball games. There are teams all over the country playing medicore ball. Are kids decommitting by the dozen at every other school that is playing subpar? The answer is a big NO.

North Carolina is trash and they are recruiting great.

Wake Forest has been trash forever up till now but do they lose 10-20 kids every year? No.

What about GT?

Those are just teams in our conference.

The common denominator is south Florida. Parents are always looking for a handout even if their kid isn’t that good. Kids are patted on the back from optimist telling them how great they are. Kids transfer schools at free will here.

Recruiting here is a blessing and curse. There is talent in droves. There is also a lot of other bull**** you gotta deal with.

Ive been harping on it forever, but I’ll reiterate it again. Outside of a handful of kids, south Florida recruits are overrated and mostly soft. Times have changed. Kids used to play with a chip on their shoulder bc they weren’t recruited and under looked. Very few coaches came down to south Florida. Most were terrified to drive through little Havana to recruit a kid.

I think one of the biggest differences is that we actually recruit kids that the Alabama, Clemson, Georgia and LSU wants....those other schools aren't getting plucked so when we have 4/5 stars committed and then we don't perform...those schools negative recruit us easily and then we have several decommitments....I actually think kids do want to come here but we just havent given them enough reasons to believe they can make the crib great..............

Duke Johnson would have had trouble staying committed if the events of this season occurred during his recruitment. Period. I blame these S FL kids for alot of things, but I'm not on board with that sentiment here.

I hear what you are saying, generally, about it being a big ask for local kids to put on for the U in light of the current state of the program. But Duke is a really, really bad former player to list as somone who may not have stayed committed in this type of season.

Duke signed in 2012. In the Summer of 2011, the Nevin (Kill yourself) Shapiro scandal broke. UM went on to a 6-6 record, with a losing record in the ACC (embarrassing losses to a 2-win Maryland team, a 4-win BC team at home, to f$u, and nearly losing an embarrassing game to USF where we only scored 6 points)... we did manage to beat the Buckeyes that season, but that was fool's gold and they a horrible season themselves. Also, we didn't go to a bowl game as a self-imposed ban. So things looked pretty crappy for UM at that time.

Duke was the rare breed of kid who was going to go to UM to improve the local team. Period. As a fan, I sincerely appreciate that sort of loyalty and love to the local program. Expecting that from most kids is unfair. But it's all the more reason to put Duke up as a true local Cane.

Advertisement
Because these dudes don't really believe the coaches are pathetic, they actually like them, they just realize they have no argument to make for why these kids should stay committed so they just throw that in there as a safeguard from criticism while they attack the kids.

It's hilarious honestly & a typical response, you can dial it up like clockwork... We've had more decommits than any other program in D1 Football over the last decade, but it's only because all those kids are "disloyal scumbags" lol.

It's classic Corch worship, deflect deflect deflect, blame the fans, blame the players lol.
Certainly not dissing these recruits. This university and its disastrous athletic department have absolutely NOTHING to offer these kids whatsoever. I wouldn’t let my kid play here.

I hear what you are saying, generally, about it being a big ask for local kids to put on for the U in light of the current state of the program. But Duke is a really, really bad former player to list as somone who may not have stayed committed in this type of season.

Duke signed in 2012. In the Summer of 2011, the Nevin (Kill yourself) Shapiro scandal broke. UM went on to a 6-6 record, with a losing record in the ACC (embarrassing losses to a 2-win Maryland team, a 4-win BC team at home, to f$u, and nearly losing an embarrassing game to USF where we only scored 6 points)... we did manage to beat the Buckeyes that season, but that was fool's gold and they a horrible season themselves. Also, we didn't go to a bowl game as a self-imposed ban. So things looked pretty crappy for UM at that time.

Duke was the rare breed of kid who was going to go to UM to improve the local team. Period. As a fan, I sincerely appreciate that sort of loyalty and love to the local program. Expecting that from most kids is unfair. But it's all the more reason to put Duke up as a true local Cane.

Did we lose to FImother****ingU that season?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back