The culture change continues - Barry Jackson tidbits

CaneBoss

Bossman
Barry Jackson's Sports Buzz column had a little nugget in it that I found intesting today, and shows that the selfish, destructive type attitudes that have held this team back over the years might be close to being purged from the team. Sad to think about the depths the locker room attitude reached at some points, but happy to hear that finally the ENTIRE team seems to be on the same page as far as "team first", earn what you put in. Thought it would be good food for discussion.

### ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit said off air Tuesday that UM is a top-20 caliber team and “people don’t have a full appreciation for how good Stephen Morris is. If they can improve as much as we anticipate on the defensive side,… Miami can be a team to look out for in the ACC.”

### UM's Clements said one problem last season was “people crying about” how many reps they got in practice. Those players are gone “and no one here thinks it’s all about me,” he said. “[Golden] said, ‘If you are going to cry about reps, you might as well leave.’”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/spor...aks-out-canes-heat-chatter.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
“[Golden] said, ‘If you are going to cry about reps, you might as well leave.’”

Probably what happened to Grimble and Co. IJS

Knew it would take awhile to change the cesspool culture that had become Miami football. What Al did with that young squad last season while cutting out the cancer was nothing short of a miracle.

The overhaul of the culture and the roster is nearly complete. Grimble may have been 1 of the last to be shown the door. We are headed in the right direction.

Advertisement
All that is left do is win games

The passive-aggressive post of the day.

Nothing passive-aggressive about it. Everything else has been taken care of; literally the only thing Goldens hasn't fixed is our record. He had plenty of opportunities to do it this offseason, but I guess we'll just need to wait for 8/30.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Grimble is a guy that Golden brought in though. So how are you all criticizing the culture when it's a player that was only here during the Golden era?

I blame Butch for leaving.....at least 2 more titles..4 0r 5 Acc ships two or three BCS wins...who knows, That back stabber made all this happen

Advertisement
Even with grimble I like what golden is doing. Turn up the heat at every position- strong survive

Advertisement
Back