The Comeback Kid!!!

Advertisement
Yes definitely a blessing to be able to come in and emulate what Pinckney and Spence have done at the U. Also great to have competition at the position. It will eventually pay off big time for Steed and the rest of the LB’s.

Congrats my brotha. Just curious if you knew..how is the other MiaCen LB that your son played with his Jr year doing? His name escapes me. He was small according to Goldens standards but I remember he was a stud.

Yes, sir!

It feels even better than if it was you. Nothing better.

It’s really not my place to give a great dad with a great son advice, but if I was, I’d say don’t rest, don’t stop. The grind never ends. This is just the beginning...there’s much bigger and better things ahead. But you already know that.

Congratulations
Awesome Wayne well deserved. Your young son has shown great character in not letting an obstacle derail his dreams. This is the type of internal leadership is exactly what this ball club needs when chaos rages, & hard men with clear minds are required to win the day. Continued success to you & your family brother.
Well said!!!

Congrats my brotha. Just curious if you knew..how is the other MiaCen LB that your son played with his Jr year doing? His name escapes me. He was small according to Goldens standards but I remember he was a stud.
Yes you are talking about Donovan Thompson, he is wearing #3 and starting at LB for Utah. He produces on the field but he wasn’t a camp guy so the numbers at his pro day or combine could potentially hurt him with his small stature. He is definitely a monster on the field though. I’m hoping he and Devin Bush have great seasons next year.

Advertisement
last few seasons there has been a real drop-off from the 1st unit LB's to the 2nd, now with guys like Steed, Wilder, etc, there will be a noticeable improvement in terms of athleticism and explosiveness from that unit, IMO

last few seasons there has been a real drop-off from the 1st unit LB's to the 2nd, now with guys like Steed, Wilder, etc, there will be a noticeable improvement in terms of athleticism and explosiveness from that unit, IMO
And with the new Striker position even more speed in the rotation.

Advertisement
And with the new Striker position even more speed in the rotation.

Yeah, I want to see what Derrick Smith brings to the table in this new alignment of ours. If this defense stays injury free, I think it can be a really good unit overall. I like the infusion of twitchy, long athletes that have been brought in

Yeah, I want to see what Derrick Smith brings to the table in this new alignment of ours. If this defense stays injury free, I think it can be a really good unit overall. I like the infusion of twitchy, long athletes that have been brought in
Sam Brooks looks really good. Waiting to see how he recovers from his injury.

Advertisement
Back