The CIS Portal WR Begging… Is it finally over yet?

Advertisement
6CDB7786-350B-4299-8230-4E961B859AC3.png

7623528D-B47D-4DA1-9232-8EFB8FB3CDF6.png

Advertisement
Be careful what you wish for...
In @KrazyCane’s defense, I don’t think he argued against taking a WR that would upgrade the talent at the position. I think he felt we were over rating the not so great options that became available this year. So maybe less of not wanting a WR, and more of not being overly impressed with who was available.
And it could be argued that UM agreed by not getting into an NIL bidding war with Ole Miss

Advertisement
In @KrazyCane’s defense, I don’t think he argued against taking a WR that would upgrade the talent at the position. I think he felt we were over rating the not so great options that became available this year. So maybe less of not wanting a WR, and more of not being overly impressed with who was available.
And it could be argued that UM agreed by not getting into an NIL bidding war with Ole Miss
We have 1 WR on our roster with more than 30 catches...

Every single team with a better offense than us is still actively & aggressively adding more talent at WR, Miami isn’t a special case where we can value judge Portal WR’s as if we’re playing with house money.

Canes fans mostly view things from a Homer perspective, so of course everybody is overrated as soon as we don’t get’em, but if the staff is & has been looking for a WR for months now it pretty much indicates they want another piece as well.

But, sometimes learning the hard way is the best way, so for yalls sake I hope Homerism wins out this time.

We have 1 WR on our roster with more than 30 catches...

Every single team with a better offense than us is still actively & aggressively adding more talent at WR, Miami isn’t a special case where we can value judge Portal WR’s as if we’re playing with house money.

Canes fans mostly view things from a Homer perspective, so of course everybody is overrated as soon as we don’t get’em, but if the staff is & has been looking for a WR for months now it pretty much indicates they want another piece as well.

But, sometimes learning the hard way is the best way, so for yalls sake I hope Homerism wins out this time.
I’m surprised we’re having a hard time getting a WR or 2. I understand that they don’t want to pay Addison, and he also may just not want to come here, but I don’t understand not being able to land a guy a level or 2 down with TVD here.

I understand that there is negative recruiting as well about us being a ground and pound offense but some of that is coming from teams who aren’t exactly air raid. I’m afraid to ask but - What do you think it is?

Advertisement

Perhaps, but he argues in this weird fashion that destoys whatever point you might argue that he is trying to make. He builds up the UM wide receivers as better than almost any name you can mention, even when the UM WRs have no stats or production or college film to back up such a comparison, and the potential transfers DO.

I can totally understand the "not overly impressed with who was available", particularly in the NIL era. Yes, it's not "UM's money" or "our money", but if anyone gives some of these Portal WRs money, it still has a ripple impact.

Krazy is perfectly capable of sayng "I'm not impressed". Instead, he turns every UM WR into a world-beater, and every Portal WR into a loser. It's just ridiculous.

Im surprised we’re having a hard time getting a WR or 2. I understand that they don’t want to pay Addison, and he also may just not want to come here, but I don’t understand not being able to land a guy a level or 2 down with TVD here.

I understand that there is negative recruiting as well about us being a ground and pound offense but some of that is coming from teams who aren’t exactly air raid. I’m afraid to ask but - What do you think it is?
There’s two hyper-reactionary answers...

Homer Answer: “Because they’re all just a bunch of JAGS & we got a roster full of Bilentinkoff candidates already, we don’t need any WR’s, bro!”

Moper Answer: “Because our Offense is gonna suck & we’re gonna be running the ball over 60% of time..”

The truth is somewhere in the middle lol

I’m surprised we’re having a hard time getting a WR or 2. I understand that they don’t want to pay Addison, and he also may just not want to come here, but I don’t understand not being able to land a guy a level or 2 down with TVD here.

Easy, TVD while a promising prospect isn't being viewed as the all world QB we view him on here and secondly what you insinuated about Gattis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back