Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I like to think I know a good amount about boxing. I've been following these two **** near their whole pro careers.......

I had no idea Crawford's hand speed was THAT MUCH more than Spence. Might also have the deadliest accuracy in boxing right now. No wasted punches. Like none.

Advertisement
This showed just how powerful the jab can be man.

I’ve been training in boxing for the last 3 yrs consistently, after training in MMA 15 yrs ago. In both disciplines, that jab is everything for the set up, but particularly in boxing, I was taught the shotgun jab that George Foreman made famous. That’s what Crawford was imploring & imposing. It’s a great counter and not only are u getting hit w/ the jab, he’s snapping back to give that pop. It’s incredibly hard to defend against, too, b/c if it’s being used as a counter, it comes out of no where.

I remember Michael Jai White was sparing w/ Kimbo Slice for this movie & he was blocking all of Slice’s crosses w/ ease, & he was showing him the jab counter that Slice couldn’t see.

It’s truly amazing when I going through a heavy bag session the amount of force coming from a shotgun jab vs. a cross or a hook. Like the bag swings heavy.

I’ve not seen a fight this lopsided since Evander vs. Tyson

Too me, this was very reminiscent of Mayweather vs Gatti. Which was my favorite dominant performance ever.

****, forgot about this match maybe b/c it was a far gone conclusion Floyd was going to win. This was supposed to be an even match & it wasn’t, like at all.

Advertisement
I didn't think it would be that one-sided but I knew Spence's best chance to beat Bud was to fight him before he flipped that Ferrari.

On top of the tremendous physical skill, Crawford is the smartest fighter in boxing. No need for it tonight, but he's the best in many years at computing info, making in-fight adjustments and setting traps.

He and Bo Mac are on some modern-day Ali & Dundee ****. They broke Spence down in camp and Crawford executed to the tee. The man just made a TREMENDOUS fighter look like a rank amateur....

I’ve been training in boxing for the last 3 yrs consistently, after training in MMA 15 yrs ago. In both disciplines, that jab is everything for the set up, but particularly in boxing, I was taught the shotgun jab that George Foreman made famous. That’s what Crawford was imploring & imposing. It’s a great counter and not only are u getting hit w/ the jab, he’s snapping back to give that pop. It’s incredibly hard to defend against, too, b/c if it’s being used as a counter, it comes out of no where.

I remember Michael Jai White was sparing w/ Kimbo Slice for this movie & he was blocking all of Slice’s crosses w/ ease, & he was showing him the jab counter that Slice couldn’t see.

It’s truly amazing when I going through a heavy bag session the amount of force coming from a shotgun jab vs. a cross or a hook. Like the bag swings heavy.

**** yeah fam. He was sitting down on those jabs. Ate 'em alive(pause) with that and the hook on the counter. I'm most surprised by how slow he made Spence look. Got a beat on him in the 2nd and put the beats on him 'til Harvey Dock saw enough...

****, forgot about this match maybe b/c it was a far gone conclusion Floyd was going to win. This was supposed to be an even match & it wasn’t, like at all.
Lol True. Everyone knew Floyd was going to win. It was just one of my favorite performances from Floyd because the media did their best to hype up Gatti. It was that whole Lighting vs Thunder crap lol **** got on my nerves. But yeah just the performance by Crawford gave me that same feeling I had when Floyd str8 demolished Gatti like he was just proving a point the whole fight

But yeah man. This might be worse because like you said, Spence was supposed to be on the same level as Crawford and.....Jesus, Crawford was on another planet tonight.

I remember seeing a video(I'm sure it's from the same session you're talking about) when MJW was also trying to teach Kimbo about accuracy and how you don't have to punch at maximum speed to hit your target.

Advertisement
Back