Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
Advertisement
a look at what's ahead this weekend in boxing..

Advertisement
DB’s camp offered Canelo 50M. Does Canelo take it now with Bivol out?
How does that actually work? DB's camp doesn't have that kind of cash. Are they, somehow, guaranteeing him a deal that grosses Canelo $50 million?

Tank had a $5 million guarantee and Garcia $2.5, but both were expected to gross as much as $10-12 when all was said and done. Looks like they got about 1,000,000 PPV buys, so I'm kind of using that as a starting point.

Canelo was projected to earn $33 million for the Ryder fight. But a) "only" $10 million was actually guaranteed and b) because Ryder took nothing in comparison. Would Benevidez do that just to make the fight happen? https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/the-cis-boxing-thread.148214/page-105. Also, would Canelo/DB do as many PPV buys as Tank/Garcia? I doubt it, but it would do more than Canelo/Ryder. Would it do 30% more? It is a better fight, and more marketable, but Benevidez is not any huge draw.

How does that actually work? DB's camp doesn't have that kind of cash. Are they, somehow, guaranteeing him a deal that grosses Canelo $50 million?

Tank had a $5 million guarantee and Garcia $2.5, but both were expected to gross as much as $10-12 when all was said and done. Looks like they got about 1,000,000 PPV buys, so I'm kind of using that as a starting point.

Canelo was projected to earn $33 million for the Ryder fight. But a) "only" $10 million was actually guaranteed and b) because Ryder took nothing in comparison. Would Benevidez do that just to make the fight happen? https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/the-cis-boxing-thread.148214/page-105. Also, would Canelo/DB do as many PPV buys as Tank/Garcia? I doubt it, but it would do more than Canelo/Ryder. Would it do 30% more? It is a better fight, and more marketable, but Benevidez is not any huge draw.
My guess is that they will present some type of contract that guarantee him that. I have no idea how that works.

a look at what's ahead this weekend in boxing..

Oscar seems to get into it with his all of fighters. What’s his deal?

Advertisement
Advertisement
1686257550455.png

Advertisement
Back