Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

I’m going waffle on my pick on this fight until the opening bell. Crawford hasn’t fought the caliber of opps Spence has since he’s been at 147, but the eye test shows he got the goods to beat Spence. Can he counter Spence enough to keep Spence from closing the distance and tagging him to the body is the question.
this tweet sums it up perfectly to me, we’re in for an all time great fight

Advertisement
I’m going waffle on my pick on this fight until the opening bell. Crawford hasn’t fought the caliber of opps Spence has since he’s been at 147, but the eye test shows he got the goods to beat Spence. Can he counter Spence enough to keep Spence from closing the distance and tagging him to the body is the question.
I think the question is the first 3 rounds. Bud doesn't have the luxury of "figuring him out now to put him away later" in this fight.

my latest column on Canelo-GGG III...

Advertisement
my latest column on Canelo-GGG III...

Canelo is overrated.

Canelo is overrated.
I'd have said that for a few years. He looked he absolutely learned from Floyd, play the A side and cherry pick. But he's become an aggressive counter-puncher with good power. If he stayed at 160 or 168 we'd be talking about how dominant he is.

I think that loss, in a weight class where he didn't belong, showed us where he actually is. I give no weight to the GGG fight but I also didn't see it as I was sure of the result in advance.

I'd have said that for a few years. He looked he absolutely learned from Floyd, play the A side and cherry pick. But he's become an aggressive counter-puncher with good power. If he stayed at 160 or 168 we'd be talking about how dominant he is.

I think that loss, in a weight class where he didn't belong, showed us where he actually is. I give no weight to the GGG fight but I also didn't see it as I was sure of the result in advance.
I think DB beats the **** out of him at 168. What do you think?

Advertisement
I think DB beats the **** out of him at 168. What do you think?
I think not yet. Alvarez is too advanced and experienced. Again, I don't even want to like him, but I have to look at where he is at and what he brings to the table. Right now DB is tailor made for him.

my latest on this past weekend in boxing...

Advertisement
my latest on this past weekend in boxing...

Shakur wants Loma as his first fight at 135. Lets do it.

my latest, a tribute to Miguel Cotto..

my latest column....

Advertisement
my latest column....

Both of these guys are ****ing me off. Just fight!!!!

Shakur wants Loma as his first fight at 135. Lets do it.
Loma is only interested in being undisputed. He's only taking this next fight as a stay busy. I suspect he's out of the game by end of 2023/early 2024.

But it would be a very good fight, and Shakur might be too much for him at this point in his career. Plus Loma should still be at 130.

Advertisement
Back