Boxing The CIS Boxing Thread

Advertisement
This is one of the most embarrassing and shameful things I've ever seen in sports. My respect for Wilder is now zero, and will forever remain at zero.

This is disgraceful. That said, I never understood why these morons would wear these masks over their face, heavy costumes, or come out blowing smoke.

The last thing I wanted to do before a match was have anything impede by breathing. And those masks and smoke do just that(I know the Canes use the smoke, and its awesome, but they also aren't playing a very cardio intensive sport). The heavy costume is unbelievably moronic, but even just the mask is dumb. You want to be able to get as much oxygen in your lungs as possible prior to the fight.

That said, a 40 pound costume should not "kill his legs before the fight started", but it was still a stupid thing to do.

Anyone watching Miley Garcia Saturday? It’s round 2 for him at welterweight. Hopefully he’s better than his showing against Spence.

Advertisement
This is disgraceful. That said, I never understood why these morons would wear these masks over their face, heavy costumes, or come out blowing smoke.

The last thing I wanted to do before a match was have anything impede by breathing. And those masks and smoke do just that(I know the Canes use the smoke, and its awesome, but they also aren't playing a very cardio intensive sport). The heavy costume is unbelievably moronic, but even just the mask is dumb. You want to be able to get as much oxygen in your lungs as possible prior to the fight.

That said, a 40 pound costume should not "kill his legs before the fight started", but it was still a stupid thing to do.
at the time i thought the costume was absurd and probably not comfortable but no way it was the reason he got mauled.

Advertisement
Just read Wilder/Fury brought in only 880k buys, far short of the projected break even point of 1.2 mil. Unquestionably, that's because everyone and their brother was streaming it online for free, myself included. Clay Travis putting out the idea of moving huge fights like this to regular TV to combat this problem, as it will only continue to get worse. Thoughts on that?

Just read Wilder/Fury brought in only 880k buys, far short of the projected break even point of 1.2 mil. Unquestionably, that's because everyone and their brother was streaming it online for free, myself included. Clay Travis putting out the idea of moving huge fights like this to regular TV to combat this problem, as it will only continue to get worse. Thoughts on that?

and those streams were flawless.

giphy.gif

I am the type of person, that likes to really analyze fights. So I watch them stone cold sober and by myself, in my apartment. So I actually just buy the PPVs. I honestly would rather pay 80 bucks and be able to hear the trainers talking to the fighters in the corner as opposed to having 1 min commercials in between each round. I would bet the bulk of PPV sales are to bars and places like that, so I wonder if the money they would get from the TV deals will be more than what they would lose from the automatic buys, like bars.

Advertisement
Chocolatito came through with a big 1...

Mikey Garcia vs Jessie Vargas up next... Should be a good 1

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back