The Calm After The Storm

Advertisement
Advertisement
Horrible play by Stevenson. If he can’t be smart with it he shouldn’t be there because he’s the farthest thing from dangerous with the ball in his hands. Biggest play of the game. Cause tamu only drove the field for a touchdown once that game. Let’s say we go three and out. I doubt they drive the field after a hedley punt
I agree. they drove the field twice and got 10 but that was on the first drive of each half I believe. I agree though overall. they weren't driving on us the length of the field. its why I also would've gone for it on some of those fourth downs in the redone in the second half.

I'd disagree that FOR THAT PARTICULAR PLAY he doesn't deserve to get thrown under the bus. The issue isn't that he fumbled. The issue is he had zero business even touching that ball unless it was simply as a fair catch. To attempt to make a play on the ball is simply horrible judgement and needs to be accountable for it. The a&m kid simply miffed the punt but he was doing what he was supposed to atleast.
Yeah, Rique could’ve ran up on that before it bounced. He let it bounce and the rest is history. Worst case, you let it roll and take the a$$ chewing on the sideline but at least it’s not a TO.

Advertisement
Boogers,mariconcitas,boy toys,booty bandits,banana smugglers... That's pretty much the extent of my vocab on these topics.
Oh My God Reaction GIF

Yeah, Rique could’ve ran up on that before it bounced. He let it bounce and the rest is history. Worst case, you let it roll and take the a$$ chewing on the sideline but at least it’s not a TO.
Worst thing is he was ****** up all night on pr. After that one he wouldn't go near the ball and as a result put us in some real bad field position several times. Like he was scared to even field a ball after that rather than just realizing call the **** fair catch and get it over with.

Worst thing is he was ****** up all night on pr. After that one he wouldn't go near the ball and as a result put us in some real bad field position several times. Like he was scared to even field a ball after that rather than just realizing call the **** fair catch and get it over with.
I didn’t want to say it because that’s a big accusation to make of a warrior that plays this game at this level but yeah, he definitely had fear in him. But with no X and Jacolby, I guess you can give Curtis a shot but he hasn’t done it at this level. This game might be the best chance.

you noticed that too right. he was legit scared of the ball and id see so many punts that got downed deep when they should've been fair caught

Advertisement

Idk why George cut back into the defender here, he could have easily kept his path after he cut to make the defender fall and scored.

Advertisement
Respect; but I think it’s safe to say Butch dealt w/ a bad hand, but he still had talent left over from The D.E era. He had Ray, Kenny, Yatil, Kenard, Carlos, Jammi.

I’m not referring to what he dealt w/, per se, but the cultural problem that infiltrated within the program.
Yatil was the only guy that showed up for that 1996 game versus FSU.

Led the team in receiving in 96.....Yatil had it all. 6'2 215 and a 4.3 40....only played in 8 or 9 games in 96...(injuries) then blew out his knee in training camp with the fins...Bad Knee injury.

Idk why the ref didn't throw a flag for tripping.
B/c he jumped over the defender while he was flipping over; that’s a tough call. However once George had him falling, & if he would’ve stayed the path, that’s 6 or at a min, at the 2 or 1 yrd line.

Facts, which is my point. Talent be damned, there was a certain mindset that crept in that Butch tirelessly had to weed out. It’s not always about talent on paper.

Advertisement
Back