The blame the fans part of the firing line

Even if we were winning be honest, most fans of miami hardly support the university monetarily.
I think 1) you are talking out of your *** with absolutely zero data to support that and 2) the support given and needed to maintain a program when we were last good is SO different from today that it is impossible to tell. Are we ever going to get as much as Bama, Georgia, or any state school? No. They churn out 10-15k rabid fans a year. You get $100 average from each of those and you're at $1-1.5m. Multiplied by all of their classes.

But Miami is not even giving itself a chance to maximize contributions. If Miami's administration hadn't spent the last 15 years chasing a bad hire with another bad hire and floundering, whose to say whether people would have been in the habit of giving and supporting. We also get over $200m a year in contributions from the general public, so politely, miss me with people don't support the school.

Advertisement
I think 1) you are talking out of your *** with absolutely zero data to support that and 2) the support given and needed to maintain a program when we were last good is SO different from today that it is impossible to tell. Are we ever going to get as much as Bama, Georgia, or any state school? No. They churn out 10-15k rabid fans a year. You get $100 average from each of those and you're at $1-1.5m. Multiplied by all of their classes.

But Miami is not even giving itself a chance to maximize contributions. If Miami's administration hadn't spent the last 15 years chasing a bad hire with another bad hire and floundering, whose to say whether people would have been in the habit of giving and supporting. We also get over $200m a year in contributions from the general public, so politely, miss me with people don't support the school.

Monetarily no miami doesn't have support.
Doubt we even in the top 50 of fan support money wise

Monetarily no miami doesn't have support.
Doubt we even in the top 50 of fan support money wise
Again, we very well may not be, especially when we are up against state schools that have hundreds of thousands of alums donating. But you are conflating two issues with zero facts to support the point you're trying to make. And not many fan bases have had to deal with apathetic leader, 5 terrible hires, an inept AD, and no concerted fundraising effort for athletics since the IPF. They, and you, need to stop blaming the public and look at what they can do differently to incentivize people to want to give.

Again, we very well may not be, especially when we are up against state schools that have hundreds of thousands of alums donating. But you are conflating two issues with zero facts to support the point you're trying to make. And not many fan bases have had to deal with apathetic leader, 5 terrible hires, an inept AD, and no concerted fundraising effort for athletics since the IPF. They, and you, need to stop blaming the public and look at what they can do differently to incentivize people to want to give.
Not blaming any public, just saying that a lot of fans especially on this forum love to complain but if the university would come out and ask for 1000 dollar donations to get a top coach I doubt they would reach their goal.
Miami has some of the worst fans in college football, it has nothing to do with coaching.
We also made some bad hires but Im talking about the fans.

Even if we were winning be honest, most fans of miami hardly support the university monetarily.
I would agree that even in our best days we still didn’t fill the OB against Louisiana Tech, etc.

But a winning program leads to monetary gains in the following ways to name a few:

1) More season tix & thus more hurricane club donations. Even 1k extra season tix sold helps the university exponentially.
2) More sponsors
3) I think more people would show up to games at the new remodeled Hard Rock vs the old OB
4) More revenue to the school from
More student applying to the school & being accepted. With this comes more qualified field of students…
Etc, etc.

Advertisement
I would agree that even in our best days we still didn’t fill the OB against Louisiana Tech, etc.

But a winning program leads to monetary gains in the following ways to name a few:

1) More season tix & thus more hurricane club donations. Even 1k extra season tix sold helps the university exponentially.
2) More sponsors
3) I think more people would show up to games at the new remodeled Hard Rock vs the old OB
More student applying to the school & being accepted. With this comes more qualified field of students…
Etc, etc.

All that is true but again compared to other universities, we are in the bottom 50.
At Miami you need to win all the time to keep all that up.

Even inside a big cosmopolitan city, fan wise we are at a disadvantage.

Of course , blaming the fans. I’d expect nothing better of this loser. He’s pathetic , just like the administration. Heavens forbid somebody have accountability.
AT WHAT POINT DO THESE SORRY *** COACHES ACKNOWLEDGE THEY’RE FIRING IS WITHIN REASON…THE EVERYDAY WORKER CAN AT LEAST ADMIT YEAH I FUXKED UP I DESERVED THAT SHIIT SMH

Not blaming any public, just saying that a lot of fans especially on this forum love to complain but if the university would come out and ask for 1000 dollar donations to get a top coach I doubt they would reach their goal.
Miami has some of the worst fans in college football, it has nothing to do with coaching.
We also made some bad hires but Im talking about the fans.
Cool. And I think you’re saying that from a bubble. I live in Atlanta and heard Auburn fans ready to chase off Chizik two years after a title, Georgia fans ready to put Kirby on the hot seat if this year didn’t go well, Tennessee fans who marched when they tried to hire Schiano. And when these teams are losing, go look at their attendance.

I think given how Miami has looked in the last two decades, Blake James’s petulance against the fans, the school president being entirely absent from fundraising, they are lucky to get what they get.

I say this without hyperbole, but I genuinely think you work at the school because no one else could be so blind to blame the fans without looking at the other piece of the puzzle than someone affiliated with this AD.

Advertisement
Cool. And I think you’re saying that from a bubble. I live in Atlanta and heard Auburn fans ready to chase off Chizik two years after a title, Georgia fans ready to put Kirby on the hot seat if this year didn’t go well, Tennessee fans who marched when they tried to hire Schiano. And when these teams are losing, go look at their attendance.

I think given how Miami has looked in the last two decades, Blake James’s petulance against the fans, the school president being entirely absent from fundraising, they are lucky to get what they get.

I say this without hyperbole, but I genuinely think you work at the school because no one else could be so blind to blame the fans without looking at the other piece of the puzzle than someone affiliated with this AD.

Kirby should be fired if he doesn't win this season.
Is this or never for him. With all the resources and talent at his disposal if he doesn't win it this season he never will.

Kirby should be fired if he doesn't win this season.
Is this or never for him. With all the resources and talent at his disposal if he doesn't win it this season he never will.
Ok so you think that Georgia fans wanting to fire a guy who was a play or two away from a title is reasonable, but Miami fans wanting to fire a guy who is about .500, whose team can’t tackle, loses to inferior teams routinely, and a host of other deficiencies are toxic. Got it. Like I said, you have to work for the AD somewhere to try to push this nonsense and ignore all facts.

km_20211007-4_1080p_1.gif

Ok so you think that Georgia fans wanting to fire a guy who was a play or two away from a title is reasonable, but Miami fans wanting to fire a guy who is about .500, whose team can’t tackle, loses to inferior teams routinely, and a host of other deficiencies are toxic. Got it. Like I said, you have to work for the AD somewhere to try to push this nonsense and ignore all facts.

You are getting away from my point.
Wanting Manny fored is not toxic.
But fact is Miami fanbase is not a great fanbase win or lose.

Advertisement
You are getting away from my point.
Wanting Manny fored is not toxic.
But fact is Miami fanbase is not a great fanbase win or lose.
And my point is you’re on a thread where Manny is trying to blame the fans for his recruiting failures instead of taking ownership and every fan base would have the same issues after 15-20 years of malpractice and incompetence. Go look at Bama until Saban got there. Go look at Florida under Muschamp. Go look at FSU since Fisher left. Go look at Tennessee. Or USC. Or countless other schools.

You keep buying and selling every flavor of the week narrative that Manny and Blake are trying to push, and like I said, it is more likely than not because you are getting a biweekly deposit from the school too. It’s a BS woe is me narrative that the facts don’t support.

2) More sponsors
Etc, etc.
The school doesn’t want more acceptances lol. The goal is to keep class sizes to a certain number and acceptance rates low.

The school doesn’t want more acceptances lol. The goal is to keep class sizes to a certain number and acceptance rates low.
Yes, that’s fair. I was leaning more on the quality instead of the quantity

Advertisement
Yes, that’s fair. I was leaning more on the quality instead of the quantity
the target demo for UM will be the kids that can get into duke, etc. and choose uM for various reasons (the amount of aid UM gives is one (scholarship and hardship)). the way the school caters to the USNews rankings will need to change if they want to maintain that pool, but poor football isn't hurting them. we've sucked for 20 years or so and we've gotten a lot better as an academic institution in that time frame. it will increase applications, but when I was at UM, there were a ton of kids who went to UM bc its in Miami and its a good private school and away from home. football (at. least UM football) wasn't their draw. that's really more for locals and Florida based applicants.

the target demo for UM will be the kids that can get into duke, etc. and choose uM for various reasons (the amount of aid UM gives is one (scholarship and hardship)). the way the school caters to the USNews rankings will need to change if they want to maintain that pool, but poor football isn't hurting them. we've sucked for 20 years or so and we've gotten a lot better as an academic institution in that time frame. it will increase applications, but when I was at UM, there were a ton of kids who went to UM bc its in Miami and its a good private school and away from home. football (at. least UM football) wasn't their draw. that's really more for locals and Florida based applicants.
I would disagree.

A good football team that is regularly on National TV would increase out of state applicants two fold.

Many others here have stated that. 2017 - applications went up significantly due to the success of the football team. A lot of the new buildings on campus are because of the football team.

I would disagree.

A good football team that is regularly on National TV would increase out of state applicants two fold.

Many others here have stated that. 2017 - applications went up significantly due to the success of the football team. A lot of the new buildings on campus are because of the football team.

the new student center went up when we sucked.

Advertisement
Back