The best thing I saw during the UM beatdown of F$U...

I'll add to it. There's was a FSU DL chirping after he made that 3rd down stop. Our OL got back up and went to LOS and we ran the next play right at him for a 1st down.
It was #15. Durden the DT. I think he was highly rated too out of HS or JUCO. His name rings a bell. And yeah, he has been another highly rated bust for them.

Advertisement
Maybe we should go to a closed fist indicating there are no more quarters left, so get er done!

Advertisement
The best thing for me was the complete lack of the war chant and the chop.

That was nice too, though some SemenHoles will attribute it to the lack of marching bands.

But the "four fingers" was just missing due to F$U having its collective heart ripped out over 3 quarters.

I have tried to find evidence that we started the 4 finger tradition for the 4th quarter, but I couldnt. what I found was that Alabama or soemone else invented it. do you have an article or anything saying we invented it? I would love to shove it in every other cfb fan's face that I am friends with.

I think you are missing the point.

I am not claiming that a Miami coach or player was the first person EVER to hold up 4 fingers. In fact, there is a d!ck-biting article written by an F$U fan that attempts to document the "invention" of four fingers to one random F$U player who did it in the 1970s.

But...again...Jimmy Johnson never saw that. Never knew about that. We didn't have the internet back then. No 24-hour ESPN constantly showing highlights. No national Sports Illustrated article.

I never claimed that Miami "invented" four fingers. But we were ABSOLUTELY the first school to hold up 4 fingers at the beginning of the fourth quarter, as a team, with music playing, and stating that it meant "we win in the fourth quarter", and ACTUALLY WINNING IN THE FOURTH QUARTER, and then turning that into an EVERY-GAME TRADITION regardless of whether we were winning or losing. I have seen Miami do that even when we were losing at the beginning of the 4th.

If you want to ****e on rival fans, then challenge them to pull video from the internet that shows their ***aloon schools doing it. The person with the earliest video wins. I guarantee you will win.

I love seeing opposing fan bases already calling us overrated. It sickens them to see a Miami team with swag again.
Yeah, and wait until certain media members start whining on about it after people begin to realize, oh ****, Miami’s good again.

Just about everyone knows how much I hate the Gaytors and SemenHoles. Hate hate hate. Good God, I hate those fvcks.

And I particularly hate how much the Gaytors and SemenHoles try to steal our traditions, and/or minimize ours. In particular, I hate how the Gaytors and SemenHoles (and everyone else in college football) have stolen our "holding up 4 fingers to start the fourth quarter" tradition.

Well...for the first time in my non-alcohol-impacted memory...I DID NOT SEE A SINGLE F$U PLAYER HOLD UP FOUR FINGERS AT THE BEGINING OF THE FOURTH QUARTER. I cannot possibly tell you how happy this made me.

The last time we absolutely SMASHED the SemenHoles was 1988, in the aftermath of the "Seminole Shuffle" video. We were the defending champs, but somehow F$U was the pre-season #1, and then they made THAT VIDEO. Our boys proceeded to dismantle Neon Deion and his crew.

Now, I would point out that Miami had recently started the "four fingers" tradition, so it is entirely possible that F$U had not yet stolen our style. I was also pretty inebriated for that game (later in 1988, I spent the second half of the LSU game in Baton Rouge jail, so I've calmed down a bit since then). But I cannot remember a single UM-F$U game since then where the SemenHoles did not hold up "four fingers" to start the fourth (I've only missed one UM-F$U game since 1986, and fortunately it was the 47-0 beatdown).

In over 30 years, I have not seen a SemenHole team so thoroughly and emotionally devastated to the point where they couldn't even life one arm to display four fingers.

I am grateful that I got to see that glorious F$U humiliation. Thank you, Jesus, you can take me now.

How did they recover as a programme from that rap?

And people talked about Miami deserving the death penalty.

Advertisement
Show your article that Alabama or someone else did....(so you found an Article that said Bama OR someone else invented it??...which one??)...personally I think you're full of Sh*t...

LOL he's right.... Bear Bryant came up with it and Howard Schnellenberger brought it over to Miami. Schnellenberger coached under Bear Bryant for a while.

Heard their 4 fingers also opted out.
goodfellas GIF

Another thing I loved was Mike Harley making a contested catch with the defense all over him in the first quarter as well.

Advertisement
LOL he's right.... Bear Bryant came up with it and Howard Schnellenberger brought it over to Miami. Schnellenberger coached under Bear Bryant for a while.
I never saw Bama do it....Of course when UM did it...those toothless azzwipes all of a sudden claim it's theirs....and im well aware of Howard coaching at Bama...

Still waiting on ANY photographic or video evidence of Alabama doing this.

I'm not saying that ol' Bear-fvcker never told his crackers "hey, we win in the fourth quarter", I'm just saying there is no evidence that the "holding up 4 fingers" was ever some proud, hallowed Alabama tradition on the level of lynching black people or failing to educate white people.

There is more video evidence of Forrest Gump scoring TDs for Alabama than there is of Alabama players holding up 4 fingers.

Advertisement
Still waiting on ANY photographic or video evidence of Alabama doing this.

I'm not saying that ol' Bear-fvcker never told his crackers "hey, we win in the fourth quarter", I'm just saying there is no evidence that the "holding up 4 fingers" was ever some proud, hallowed Alabama tradition on the level of lynching black people or failing to educate white people.

There is more video evidence of Forrest Gump scoring TDs for Alabama than there is of Alabama players holding up 4 fingers.

LMAO well I'm not going to dig around for it because I don't care enough. We can take credit for it. **** Alabama.

**** maybe Schnelly came up with it when he was at Alabama and Bear Bryant just took the credit. Doesn't even matter. It's ours.

I have tried to find evidence that we started the 4 finger tradition for the 4th quarter, but I couldnt. what I found was that Alabama or soemone else invented it. do you have an article or anything saying we invented it? I would love to shove it in every other cfb fan's face that I am friends with.
My recollection is that we started it. One prominent game where I remember it was the 1988 Michigan game in Ann Arbor where we staged a great 4th quarter comeback.
Just remember that we started doing it in late ‘80’s but I’m not sure exactly when.

where is it written that Bama started it?

Ed O was just interviewed on game day. Holy **** what a softball interview. Didn't touch the ncaa issues interview and before that in the lead up they barely mentioned it. Espn is in the sec business obviously.

Just about everyone knows how much I hate the Gaytors and SemenHoles. Hate hate hate. Good God, I hate those fvcks.

And I particularly hate how much the Gaytors and SemenHoles try to steal our traditions, and/or minimize ours. In particular, I hate how the Gaytors and SemenHoles (and everyone else in college football) have stolen our "holding up 4 fingers to start the fourth quarter" tradition.

Well...for the first time in my non-alcohol-impacted memory...I DID NOT SEE A SINGLE F$U PLAYER HOLD UP FOUR FINGERS AT THE BEGINING OF THE FOURTH QUARTER. I cannot possibly tell you how happy this made me.

The last time we absolutely SMASHED the SemenHoles was 1988, in the aftermath of the "Seminole Shuffle" video. We were the defending champs, but somehow F$U was the pre-season #1, and then they made THAT VIDEO. Our boys proceeded to dismantle Neon Deion and his crew.

Now, I would point out that Miami had recently started the "four fingers" tradition, so it is entirely possible that F$U had not yet stolen our style. I was also pretty inebriated for that game (later in 1988, I spent the second half of the LSU game in Baton Rouge jail, so I've calmed down a bit since then). But I cannot remember a single UM-F$U game since then where the SemenHoles did not hold up "four fingers" to start the fourth (I've only missed one UM-F$U game since 1986, and fortunately it was the 47-0 beatdown).

In over 30 years, I have not seen a SemenHole team so thoroughly and emotionally devastated to the point where they couldn't even life one arm to display four fingers.

I am grateful that I got to see that glorious F$U humiliation. Thank you, Jesus, you can take me now.

They didn’t hold up 4 fingers cause they were praying they’d stop the game after 3 quarters...😂

Advertisement
Back