The best tackle in college football history

Advertisement
[video=youtube;TxMSh-sv-zE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxMSh-sv-zE[/video]

Remember the blocks.... People talk **** but this is what Randy Shannon defense and special teams looked like. That real mean killa s***!!!

That Merriweather and Chavez grant(lol) hit would have suspended them for the yr with the rules now

Advertisement
Perryman's hit reminds me of a Great White Breaching the water and slamming the Seal

[video=youtube_share;z62_Io7loXc]https://youtu.be/z62_Io7loXc[/video]
[video=youtube_share;uINxtJGI0QI]https://youtu.be/uINxtJGI0QI[/video]

Advertisement
Some of those hits would be targeting calls today, unfortunately. I am all for player safety but the NCAA needs to draw the appropriate line between clean hard hits and cheap shots.

I saw the first post and knew immediately that he hadn't seen the Barrow on Vanover hit. There's no comparison to the two, no disrespect to Vilma. I was at both games....the good old days.

Which receiver of ours got killed up at FSU? Was it Moss or Parrish? That's another hit that sticks out in my mind, but unfortunately we were in the receiver end th at time.

What is it with you guys crying about the hitting in current football. Do you not remember Denzel laying people out for us just 2 seasons ago? Here is a refresher for the people with short term memory loss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZbhgf33sg .

You do realize there are ZERO helmet to helmet hits in that video. Those were 10 clean hits.

I think that was his point. You can still make big hits and lay people out in today's game without having to make helmet to helmet contact. Perryman's tackling form is textbook.

I saw the first post and knew immediately that he hadn't seen the Barrow on Vanover hit. There's no comparison to the two, no disrespect to Vilma. I was at both games....the good old days.

Which receiver of ours got killed up at FSU? Was it Moss or Parrish? That's another hit that sticks out in my mind, but unfortunately we were in the receiver end th at time.
Parrish. Even though Roscoe dropped the ball before the hit, he was going to get pulverized anyway. Berlin set him up for the kill. In todays game, Samuels most definitely would be thrown out the game for that hit.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I was at at that Rose Bowl. I remember being in disbelief at how those jerkoffs with the corn husks on their heads thinking they were going to run right over us even after they had been embarrassed by f'ing Colorado. Ahhh, good times.

Go Canes!

I was at the game too, and Nebraska fans are the nicest fans ever. All they would do is give us props and say we're the best team they had ever seen.

That wasn't my experience. One of my buddies got sucker punched at halftime by one of these nicest fans ever. Granted I could imagine being really ****ed after driving an RV from Lincoln to Pasadena.

Go Canes!

It was Rosco.

Advertisement
I was at at that Rose Bowl. I remember being in disbelief at how those jerkoffs with the corn husks on their heads thinking they were going to run right over us even after they had been embarrassed by f'ing Colorado. Ahhh, good times.

Go Canes!

I was at the game too, and Nebraska fans are the nicest fans ever. All they would do is give us props and say we're the best team they had ever seen.

Amen to that we hung out with their fans for 3 days and they were pure class Some even invited us to sit down and eat with them after the game.

Go Canes!

That wasn't my experience. One of my buddies got sucker punched at halftime by one of these nicest fans ever. Granted I could imagine being really ****ed after driving an RV from Lincoln to Pasadena.

Go Canes!

That is first time I have heard of any Miami fan getting crap from a Nebraska fan unless it was after one of our classless fans we had there rubbing it in while being drunk.

What is it with you guys crying about the hitting in current football. Do you not remember Denzel laying people out for us just 2 seasons ago? Here is a refresher for the people with short term memory loss https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NZbhgf33sg .

You do realize there are ZERO helmet to helmet hits in that video. Those were 10 clean hits.

I think that was his point. You can still make big hits and lay people out in today's game without having to make helmet to helmet contact. Perryman's tackling form is textbook.
Yeah that was my point and thats why Denzel has been one of my favorite players of recent cane teams.

I'm all for targeting. The game should be played with minimal rules as possible. It is a barbaric sport just like boxing so buckle up your chin strap and protect yourself at all times.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back