The best tackle in college football history

**** I miss the days when they let us play real football. Just light somebody's as up just for looking like they wanted to touch the ball. Now we watching touch football now because of all these defenseless receiver and helmet to helmet BS penalties.

Exactly! This game is being watered down and pussified bit by bit. I understand that there is a line between tough clean football and hits that are blatantly cheap and flagrant but it is already to the point where hard but clean hits are being viewed as flagrant and illegal. This literally cripples defenses and ultimately devalues the game.

Advertisement
[video=youtube;TxMSh-sv-zE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxMSh-sv-zE[/video]

Remember the blocks.... People talk **** but this is what Randy Shannon defense and special teams looked like. That real mean killa s***!!!

Last edited:
The violence quotient was higher here:

[video=youtube_share;IpDNr-2JIDw]https://youtu.be/IpDNr-2JIDw[/video]

I was about 10 rows up on the 40 yard line. That hit happened practically right in front of us, and we could literally hear and feel it. Sounded like a car wreck. I was with my cousin who is a huge Nole fan, so it made it even sweeter!

There was a hit on the Colorado QB as Leon Williams was taking back a fumble for a TD where they took away the TD even though it was clean hit.

Advertisement
Darryl Sharpton had some big hits in his career. I think he might have ended Ernie Simms younger brothers night/year/career by knocking him into the next decade on a kickoff return. Great collision, but our guy got up on his own.

Go Canes!

One hit that never gets talked about-- VILMA absolutely destroys VT QB Randall. Gotta find the video. Hopefully Richt can instill some nastiness in our team. It seams south Florida kids have lost that toughness over the years. Now most are all prima donas. We need to start recruiting mean kids.

There was a hit on the Colorado QB as Leon Williams was taking back a fumble for a TD where they took away the TD even though it was clean hit.
I've never understood that one. I know that the rules say that the QB is designated as a defenseless player on a turnover. But, I don't think that rule was in back then.

[video=youtube;nNg7DPGK_ZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNg7DPGK_ZA[/video]

It's a shame that we can't play this way anymore. **** I miss it.

This is why I fell in love with the U... Jon Vilma is a family friend and once he went there I've never looked back as a fan.

Advertisement
DP had his fair share of monster hits, **** of Spence could bring hurt. The lineage of lbs at this program is ubsard.

While awesome, definitely not the best ever.

As someone mentioned, Barrow's annihilation of Vanover is a little better

The Quentin Coryatt hit while at Texas A&M was better also.

The sad part is...he makes that tackle today and out comes the yellow flag.....
Not only the flag, he'd be thrown out for "targeting." Smh.

Not sure why people are downvoting comments on this being a penalty nowadays. This is absolutely a 15 yarder at least, and likely a targeting and ejection from the game. Do you guys even watch the games anymore, or still stuck in the early 2000's? That being said, this was a great hit when great hits were allowed.

Advertisement
I realize he was like 150 lbs, but Roscoe Parrish got absolutely obliterated by an FSU DB at a game in Doak about 10 years ago.

While awesome, definitely not the best ever.

As someone mentioned, Barrow's annihilation of Vanover is a little better

The Quentin Coryatt hit while at Texas A&M was better also.

LOL, Quentin Coryatt, now there's a blast from the past! But I disagree though, JV's hit was better. Coryatt hit a lil' pip squeak WR, while JV de-cleated a TE...aaaand, the TE saw JV coming, while the lil' pip squeak WR never saw Coryatt coming.

Advertisement
I was at at that Rose Bowl. I remember being in disbelief at how those jerkoffs with the corn husks on their heads thinking they were going to run right over us even after they had been embarrassed by f'ing Colorado. Ahhh, good times.

Go Canes!

I was at the game too, and Nebraska fans are the nicest fans ever. All they would do is give us props and say we're the best team they had ever seen.

I don't knw... i think Sean Taylor game vs. FSU he delivered some serious hits that would have gotten him ejected from that game

Advertisement
Back