Off-Topic The BEST SHOWS EVER Thread

Advertisement
It’s hard for me to judge miniseries against series with multiple seasons. Chernobyl is elite, I loved Watchmen as well. I have to consider a show in its entirety so that takes TD out of the top 10 but season 1 was as good as it gets. BCS is amazing, especially S5. If they stick the landing, I suspect they will, it’ll be top 5.

I’m not as hard on GOT as others but yea that final season took it out of top tier consideration, way too rushed.
Chernobyl is great, I think my favorite show of all time might be a mini series - Band of Brothers

There is an old thread floating around on this, but this thread is carte blanche, so:

1. Breaking Bad
2. True Detective S1
3. Chernobyl (mini-series but **** it, it's good)
4. Better Call Saul

Been drinking since noon so I'm forgetting some. Wire and Sopranos are Top 10 for me. Yellowstone is gonna **** around and end up on my list too.

And yes, Friends is on there too.

GoT can eat my *** after Thanksgiving dinner.

Dating myself a bit, but ........... Cheers is probably my favorite tv show of all time. 2nd would be Married With Children.

norm GIF

Completely different male-to-female ratio...
Actually, Queen goes on record about the creation of both shows. Friends is basically based off of Living Single. A 2016 article. I won't forget that **** because I remember when that ****** face dude on the show came out and said they Doyle do a black version of Friends and rubbed a lot of ppl and the culture the wrong way.

Advertisement
I grew up watching TV shows with my Memom. I was raised by my grandmother. So I remember watching The Rockford Files, Kojak, Perry Mason, Matlock, Jake and the Fat Man, anything Chuck Norris... lol so when she let me have the TV, I'm watching Martin, Fresh Prince, Living Single, Def Comedy Jam, Comicview and In Living Color and when Mash came on, that TV better be off.

But one show I thought was stupid and never understood until I became an adult is Seinfeld. Seinfeld is a funny *** TV show.

Actually, Queen goes on record about the creation of both shows. Friends is basically based off of Living Single. A 2016 article. I won't forget that **** because I remember when that ****** face dude on the show came out and said they Doyle do a black version of Friends and rubbed a lot of ppl and the culture the wrong way.

Yeah, I was just joking around, but you cannot completely rule it out. LS premiered in August 1993, and Friends began development a few months after, premiering one year later in 1994.

Lots of real-life stories like this one, this kind of rip-off/borrowing happened for decades. Aaron Spelling tried to get the American rights to do an adaptation of DeGrassi High (the ORIGINAL version of DeGrassi Junior/Senior High with Spike and Caitlyn and Joey and Snake, not the "next generation" show). The creators of DeGrassi turned Aaron Spelling down, so he created Beverly Hills 90210.

Advertisement
Yeah, I was just joking around, but you cannot completely rule it out. LS premiered in August 1993, and Friends began development a few months after, premiering one year later in 1994.

Lots of real-life stories like this one, this kind of rip-off/borrowing happened for decades. Aaron Spelling tried to get the American rights to do an adaptation of DeGrassi High (the ORIGINAL version of DeGrassi Junior/Senior High with Spike and Caitlyn and Joey and Snake, not the "next generation" show). The creators of DeGrassi turned Aaron Spelling down, so he created Beverly Hills 90210.
Now I didn't know that about Degrading and 90210. Does make sense. I believe a lot of TV shows and movies are borrowed plots anyways, it's always the most convincing ones that captures your attention.

Which one? The three all had v-faces.

Advertisement
Now I didn't know that about Degrading and 90210. Does make sense. I believe a lot of TV shows and movies are borrowed plots anyways, it's always the most convincing ones that captures your attention.
True. It’s how well the show or movie is made. Not much is truly original.

Advertisement
One of the most respected and connected posters on this bosrd

One of the best solos of all time. To this day no one on stage knows where the **** the guitar went. Watch it all the way through.

Classic! Called up to play that song at that place with those dudes.
Real recognize real.

Advertisement
Back