The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement

Our RBs gotta do more.

Mentioned it last week, but that page showed we had one of top olines who open holes and dont allow our RB to have contact while at same time our RB were 121st in Broken Tackle/Missed Tackle %. They cant make that 1 on 1 play that alot of backs can. Allen did it on his TD run last week but we need that MORE..

And for the love of gawd get CJjr some ******* touches.. wtf

Advertisement
I like Henry Parrish a lot and he’s absolutely our best back but 2 things can also be true:

1. He’s been injured a ton
2. He’s not great

IMO Parrish is best as a 1B back on a really good team. But he’s our 1A in talent, and yet he’s always hurt. So then kids who are really the #2 or #3 backs have to be the starter.

Also, I completely understand the need for depth at the RB position because they probably get hurt more than any other position. But this is yet another year, probably what seems like the 10th straight, where we have a room full of kids who are injured by midseason.

Parrish has missed a ton of time
Chaney has missed parts of all of several games
Allen got hurt last week and wasn’t playing early in the year (not injury related I don’t think)
Citizen has been hurt for 2 years
Fletcher has missed parts or all of multiple games.

Have we had a single kid who has a rushing attempt not get hurt this year? Chris Johnson I guess is the only one and he has like 6 carries on the season? It’s really incredible.

HOWEVER….I think we’re close to fully healthy now?

Parrish played last week very sparingly but he did dress and play, so he’s gotta be close to full go if not 100%?
Chaney was practicing in pads this week, he’s gotta be a go.
Fletcher had the walk-off last week, he should be good.
Citizen is officially cleared for takeoff.
CJ Jr is healthy.
Allen still dealing with a hammy? But we should be pretty good this week, right?

I'd hope they give him some carries vs NC state and BC at least.
Problem is the offense with issues and style of play has grinded to a halt. We barely hit 50 plays last week and went into overtime, lol.. So when you limit plays and milk clock playing a griiiiind style there wont be enough touches to go around. Even with our RB room banged up they couldnt get him on field so doubt it happens when guys come back healthy. Its a tough situation and all backs come back next year most likely with them tryna recruit 3 more. We will be near 10 RB room..

Advertisement
as parcells said, availability is the best ability.

that running back that is available is the best one.

parrish, chaney, allen and citizen were hurt and unavailable last week. we were left with only fletcher. (CJ2 is AWOL).

Advertisement
All four backs should be full go today. Watch for 22 to start

Allen had a good series last game so makes sense given the others have been banged up so much. I know LCE disagrees with me. But a healthy Chaney is my guy. Hope he gets back in there and dominates. But all run and play with tremendous toughness. Hats off to Coach Harris.

Advertisement
It kind of blows my mind that we aren't finding ways to draw up plays in space for guys like Chris Johnson and Tyler Harrell with their elite speed. We started to do it with Brashard Smith but he's only getting 3 non special teams touches a game. We got to find ways to get these guys the ball out in space.

9th Game Update & Observations:
- Fletcher became our 4y RB to start a game, and he delivered with a 100 yd game
- Parrish & Chaney were barely used. It'll be interesting to see if that continues moving forward. Not sure if they're still banged up, or if Fletcher is now just our workhorse
- IMO Fletcher probably played the best game of any RB all year
- The next step in Fletcher's progression to make a leap is to improve his open field running, and he can be really good if he does.
- Fletcher needs to stay moving forward, use his momentum to maintain his power and use stiff arms. No more hit the brakes. No more D'Andre Swift dead legs. No more drunk uncles. Run forward with purpose.
- RB's now have 170 runs vs P5 this year and only 2 runs over 20 yds. 0 30+ yd runs. We're approaching least explosive Miami backfield ever territory.
- I'm in the minority here - but I don't think benching TVD is the solution (I totally understand the calls for him to be benched though). But a good running game will be huge in helping Emory or Jacurri if they play.

1699629935551.png

Advertisement
Back