The BEST RB on the team...

So, Mr. Parrish now has 42 carries for 331 yards on the year.

That’s a 7.88 yard per carry average.

That’s good for 19th best in the country.

But you know how many of the 18 dudes ahead of him have 42 or more carries??

ONE.

Jawhar Jordan, Louisville.

21 is flat-out getting it done this year.

Advertisement
So, Mr. Parrish now has 42 carries for 331 yards on the year.

That’s a 7.88 yard per carry average.

That’s good for 19th best in the country.

But you know how many of the 18 dudes ahead of him have 42 or more carries??

ONE.

Jawhar Jordan, Louisville.

21 is flat-out getting it done this year.

Henry Parrish has averaged over 6 ypc 10 times in his career

Jawhar Jordan has averaged over 6 ypc in his last 9 games in a row, Dude's on a pretty epic tear

Advertisement
Henry Parrish has averaged over 6 ypc 10 times in his career

Jawhar Jordan has averaged over 6 ypc in his last 9 games in a row, Dude's on a pretty epic tear
If he averages 6ypc against Miami, I will be impressed.

@mirvin88 - I love your idea of ongoing updates

Now every year....every single year.....I warn not to get overly excited about the Non-P5 games at the start of the year. I warn to wait for some P5 games, then we'll have a much better idea.

Below are all of Miami's RB's that've been drafted in the last 15 years as a benchmark.

IMO - I think we're super deep with good RB's. Can any be great? I'm hopeful! @mirvin88 - I'll keep this updated each week. I'm excited to see how they stack up!

View attachment 256954

4th Game Update & Observations:

- Don Chaney got the 1st start of his career
- This pendulum seems to have swung back to Parrish being our best RB (after it swung towards Chaney last week)
- Parrish is still the only RB to be targeted in the pass game so. He has 5 targets thru 4 games
- Ajay Allen was a healthy scratch
- GT is ranked 131st in Run Defense - we've got another week to feast
- Non-P5 YPC's are locked in - 7.1 as a team and all RB's above 5.5
- 1 30+ yd run for the season
- I added a Depth Chart tracker because I thought that would be interesting to see

1695744240858.png

1695744330546.png

5th Game Update & Observations:

Usage:

Don Chaney got 24 carries. He's never had more than 10 in a game. He had 9 carries on just the last drive. I feel so bad for how it ended for him.
Chaney (24 carries) & Parrish (17 carries) was:
- The 1st time since 2018 2 RB's got 15+ carries - Toledo - Homer (16) & Dallas (17)
- The 1st time since 2014 2 RB's got 40+ carries - UNC - Duke (19) & Yearby (22)
CJ's 1 target was the 1st RB to get a receiving target other than Parrish (7 targets). RB's have 19 yds receiving this year.

GT is now 130th in Run Defense - and our RB's averaged 3.8 ypc on 43 carries with a long run of 12 yds. That's pretty disappointing.
1 30+ yd run for the season still. We've been in an all-time "big run" slump since Cam Harris got hurt.

P5 YPC needs to step it up
1697033563286.png

For Reference - Here's every Miami RB with 100 career carries since 2010 and their career average vs P5

1697033711424.png

Usage:

Don Chaney got 24 carries. He's never had more than 10 in a game. He had 9 carries on just the last drive. I feel so bad for how it ended for him.
- The 1st time since 2018 2 RB's got 15+ carries - Toledo - Homer (16) & Dallas (17)
- The 1st time since 2014 2 RB's got 40+ carries - UNC - Duke (19) & Yearby (22)
CJ's 1 target was the 1st RB to get a receiving target other than Parrish (7 targets). RB's have 19 yds receiving this year.

GT is now 130th in Run Defense - and our RB's averaged 3.8 ypc on 43 carries with a long run of 12 yds. That's pretty disappointing.
1 30+ yd run for the season still. We've been in an all-time "big run" slump since Cam Harris got hurt.

View attachment 260916

For Reference - Here's every Miami RB with 100 career carries since 2010 and their career average vs P5

View attachment 260919

Yes, I noted in an earlier thread that the RBs were disappointing vs GT. The running lanes created by the OLine appeared to be there. Bummer because I think this RB group has talent.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Usage:

View attachment 260916

View attachment 260919

LOL at Walton being it’s own category

Usage:

View attachment 260916

View attachment 260919
Mark Walton ☠️

Yes, I noted in an earlier thread that the RBs were disappointing vs GT. The running lanes created by the OLine appeared to be there. Bummer because I think this RB has talent.
Something I noticed without rewatching, GTs tackling was incredible Saturday night. A lot of seriously impressive one on one efforts. Many times it appeared one missed tackle there was a big play waiting behind it

Advertisement

Usage:

View attachment 260916

View attachment 260919
Does Chaney really have 100 carries? Been injured so much I figured he would get it soon.

Advertisement
We have no check down game with running backs and tight ends , if something doesn’t change this offense will continue to become more predictable then it already is.

Parrish has no breakaway speed. Not sure Chaney does either. As nice as both are, it really kills not having big 30-50+ yard runs that even non-elite backs (Homer, Cam, Walton lol, etc.) used to give us. So basically big chunk plays (30+ yards) all have to come thru the air with TVD.

Advertisement
Back