The BEST RB on the team...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
1695550292075.gif

1695550364750.gif

Advertisement
He always has been.

People just stick with their guy that they like & ignore reality if it doesn’t fit their narrative.
This couldn't be more true.

IMO it's fine to say "(Insert RB) is my favorite, and I like him long term, but Parrish has been our best RB". You can still have your favorite while acknowledging Parrish has been our most productive RB. There's no real argument against Parrish.

But....I also understand the backlash. I think even Parrish's biggest supporters wouldn't call him an "elite" RB.

So if you truly believe our RB's are "elite", but a non-elite RB is clearly the best of the bunch, then is our backfield really "elite"? That's why Parrish gets taken down.

Need somebody to break a big run, run game been good but somebody gotta crib sum ****

This is a concern for me as well. Not a huge concern - just is what it is.

Chaney looked scary slow on his long run vs Temple. Our RB's so far have 130 carries and 1 30+ yd run.

If we're settling into a rotation of Chaney/Parrish/Fletcher - that's plenty good & talented enough. But it's also kind of slow & I wouldn't expect many big runs.

This couldn't be more true.

IMO it's fine to say "(Insert RB) is my favorite, and I like him long term, but Parrish has been our best RB". You can still have your favorite while acknowledging Parrish has been our most productive RB. There's no real argument against Parrish.

But....I also understand the backlash. I think even Parrish's biggest supporters wouldn't call him an "elite" RB.

So if you truly believe our RB's are "elite", but a non-elite RB is clearly the best of the bunch, then is our backfield really "elite"? That's why Parrish gets taken down.
Clearly our backfield is not elite. Elite is having Portis McGahee and Gore. What we have is very good, headlined by 21 who is very good. Reminds me of when people were touting the 2017 secondary as elite, if that was elite then what the **** was the 2001 secondary?

Advertisement
Clearly our backfield is not elite. Elite is having Portis McGahee and Gore. What we have is very good, headlined by 21 who is very good. Reminds me of when people were touting the 2017 secondary as elite, if that was elite then what the **** was the 2001 secondary?
We haven’t had a single elite position group in so long people forget what it looks like.

Just compare 2023 to 2018 when our top 3 RB's were Travis Homer / DeeJay Dallas / Cam Harris.

Homer & Dallas easily start in our current backfield & Cam most likely would. So let's get to a 2018 level first. That's just 6 years ago and people already forget.

Would Parrish be starting if he stayed at Ole Miss? No. Would Ajay Allen be starting if he stayed at Nebraska? No

We're definitely talented and super deep - but let's be realistic about things. It's your Top 1-2 RB's that determine how good you are, not your 4th-6th RB's.

Last edited:
Does anyone else see some James Jackson in Parrish?

Asking you I AM JAMES JACKSONS BROTHER

Advertisement
Back