The BEST RB on the team...

ELITE SPEED

ELITE AGILITY

ELITE VISION

šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

Ran a 10.25 & 10.45 in the 100m at States back in April-May of this year, as well as a 20.40.

That kind of Speed is what the Old Miami of the Glory years was built on!

Get this kid some reps against Temple & GTech; throwing him a Wheel route or HB Tunnel Screen is instant Offense & an explosive play waiting to happen.

He can be a real weapon down the line as a change of pace back in this Offense.

@Memnon the artist formerly known as Liberty City EL ain't never lied!

It's imperative that we give this kid reps. Give him carries, target him coming out of the backfield, motion him into the slot, split him out wide or put him in the shotgun as a Wildcat QB. I don't care how. Just get this kid the ball, preferably in space and watch his ridiculous speed take over.

Advertisement

ELITE SPEED

ELITE AGILITY

ELITE VISION

šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

Ran a 10.25 & 10.45 in the 100m at States back in April-May of this year, as well as a 20.40.

Get this kid some reps against Temple & GTech; throwing him a Wheel route or HB Tunnel Screen is instant Offense & an explosive play waiting to happen.

This liberty city el? I was Wondering why I havent Seen that username on here in a while

So incredible to even be having this discussion when, as recently as October 2021, we went into a game with Jaylan Knighton and Cody Brown as our only available backs, and Cody Brown canā€™t even get on field at UVA, who would get dogwalked by St Thomas, thatā€™s how bad they are.

Talent. Acquisition. Business.
Bro last year we had a dude named Stanley getting significant touches.

IChaney probably the worse of the group. While says alot. We legit have 7 starting RBs
Heā€™s only the worst if youā€™re factoring health. Which I get. The dude canā€™t stay on the field. When heā€™s gotten carries though, heā€™s legit. He moves better at 215 than Parrish and Allen do at 190.

Advertisement
Heā€™s only the worst if youā€™re factoring health. Which I get. The dude canā€™t stay on the field. When heā€™s gotten carries though, heā€™s legit. He moves better at 215 than Parrish and Allen do at 190.
Why even respond to such a dumb comment.

Advertisement
One thing is our plethora of talented rb depth means we should not be worried about a drop off while rotating a fresh stud to give another stud a rest.

I personally love that Chaney is being brought along slowly. Another injury would be devastating. With our depth, we should be fresh every game at rb, utilizing the hot hand on a game-by-game basis. We are solid, and not even counting Citizen in this YET.

Has it occurred to anyone that in years past, this type of discussion would have been about why they keep playing some player with obviously limited skills and the answer would have been either seniority or how great he looked in practice.

Yet here we are discussion which one of our stable of outstanding running backs is the best.

It's a great time to be a Cane.
Last year we would have been talking about which walk on RB looked best

Advertisement

ELITE SPEED

ELITE AGILITY

ELITE VISION

šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

I love the possibilities he brings to our O. Speed kills. Go Canes šŸˆ

Advertisement
I really don't get why we had Restrepo out there at PR all game.

Why on earth we aren't trying to get Chris Johnson, Washington, Ray Ray, or even Brashad Smith which should be obvious to get live reps back there asap I don't understand.
It's not even like Restrepo is back there making safe decisions. He fielded a punt inside the 5 against Bethune... Get some of these young athletic guys back there and get them live game experience now....

The prevailing wisdom is that we primarily want to make sure that we catch the ball on PR (donā€™t muff it). Thereā€™s some logic to that in tight games (and crucial moments within those games) where a muff could have significant consequences. However, in games where weā€™re either leading by a lot already or need a spark to get going itā€™s worth mixing it up & having a major threat to house one back there (at minimum from time to time).

Itā€™s undeniable that Brashardā€™s return for a TD against A&M was a pivotal moment in that game. It also electrified the crowd. Would love to see more of that.

At this level, we should have players that can both: (I) secure the ball and (ii) provide a real threat to house one. We should be applying pressure on the opponent in every phase of the game.

X has absolutely balled out so far this season and has been a great weapon & leader for us as a WR so this is not a knock on him at all but we should also be mixing in some of our most electric players to see what they can do. It may make the difference in a game & would very likely contribute to us consistently starting our drives on Offense in a better position.

The prevailing wisdom is that we primarily want to make sure that we catch the ball on PR (donā€™t muff it). Thereā€™s some logic to that in tight games (and crucial moments within those games) where a muff could have significant consequences. However, in games where weā€™re either leading by a lot already or need a spark to get going itā€™s worth mixing it up & having a major threat to house one back there (at minimum from time to time).

Itā€™s undeniable that Brashardā€™s return for a TD against A&M was a pivotal moment in that game. It also electrified the crowd. Would love to see more of that.

At this level, we should have players that can both: (I) secure the ball and (ii) provide a real threat to house one. We should be applying pressure on the opponent in every phase of the game.

X has absolutely balled out so far this season and has been a great weapon & leader for us as a WR so this is not a knock on him at all but we should also be mixing in some of our most electric players to see what they can do. It may make the difference in a game & would very likely contribute to us consistently starting our drives on Offense in a better position.
And. Stop receiving the kicks inside the 10...

Give someone like CJ or RR a shot in games like BCU or Temple (with the lead)...

ELITE SPEED

ELITE AGILITY

ELITE VISION

šŸ”„šŸ”„šŸ”„

I keep watching this run....

The quickness of his cuts is different. The acceleration out of those cuts is different. The top end speed is different.

F it - count me in on the CJ bandwagon. I don't know if it'll all come together - but I love the potential.

Advertisement
Back