The best part of Valentine......

He gone. After reading the rivals article today and his moms quotes give me the impression he has made his mind and she's goin on the trip to see where her son will be attending. She wants to meet everyone at LSU. All coaches, admin etc.

She says it's still btw the two but he's a grown boy and can make his own decision. She is all for him going if that's what he wants. Good mom but I just think it's telling.
Can you kindly give a summary

With two visit weekends remaining before the start of the NCAA's signing period Feb. 5 count the mother of Rivals100 defensive tackle Travonte Valentine as someone eager to gain closure on the entire recruiting process.

"I'll be glad when it's over," Michelle Samuel said Friday en route to Baton Rouge, where she's joining Valentine for his official visit to LSU. "It's exciting but it's stressful, too."

That's understandable considering Valentine, the nation's No. 3 defensive tackle and four-star prospect, has been committed to Louisville, Florida and Miami during an 18-month period.

Valentine re-opened his process for the fourth time after rescinding his pledge to Miami following the U.S. Army All-American game and the 6-foot-3, 285-pounder is taking officials to LSU this weekend and Miami on the weekend of Jan. 31.

Valentine has not cemented plans to announce his final choice.

"I think he's trying to do it at school on signing day," Samuel said. "He's just trying to make sure the one he chooses will be the right fit for him."

Samuel cleared up any misconceptions about her stance on Valentine potentially leaving south Florida for Louisiana.

"I tell him he needs to follow his heart and I'm going to support whatever decision he's willing to make," Samuel said. "It's his time to be a man and he's got to step up to the plate now. It's on him. I'm OK with whatever he decides to do."

One of the driving forces that kept LSU in the thick of the race when Valentine was committed to Miami, and subsequently since his decommittment, has been the work of area recruiter Corey Raymond, the team's secondary coach.

Raymond made an in-home visit this week to see Valentine and his mother and reiterated the opportunity awaiting him in the event he chooses to wear purple and gold.

"I've never had any problems with LSU," Samuel said. "A lot of people were telling me LSU was a good school and I've felt comfortable with them. Coach Raymond came by and assured him the school will have all the accommodations academically and athletically. He feels more comfortable about LSU although Miami pretty much has the same things as well."

Despite a significant turn in the weather from her normal pleasant 75-degree winter, Samuel is looking forward to her first trip to Baton Rouge and exploring all the things LSU has to offer her son.

"I want meet with everybody and see the school," Samuel said. "I want to meet with the people from the academic side and see what they're talking about. I think right now he's going to take his time because it's a lot for him. It's exciting but he's gone through a lot. He wants to make sure he makes the right decision for himself."

Last edited:
Advertisement
I won't criticize any elite defensive prospect for not coming here. Why should they? So they can be misused and see their draft stock suffer?

If we lose Valentine, it's all on Al Golden and his refusal to get rid of Coach D and change the scheme.

It's insane to me that anyone can ever like anything you ever post.

Fact! 100%! If you were close to an elite kid, you would steer him away from the U! You are this boards version of Genron!

LMAO, no it's actually the historically bad defense under this coaching staff (for multiple years now) that is driving them away. This board has become amazing at excuse making while trying to avoid the real problem.

hey ****head, our defense sucks… Bravo! Lets point it out in every thread! Lets do it in the recruiting board too! And lets do it more so in threads about our most important recruit, that also happens to read this board! WTF!

LOL, right because this thread and the opinions stated on it will be the reason he inevitably goes to LSU. I honestly don't know what is more pathetic, the *****made responses or the blatant denial.

I mean it just seems like a mom that wants to learn about everything about the school and who supports her son. You take the interview the way you want to

Ive learned to not take some of these sites seriously because these kids cant stand the reporters so they just say wat they want to hear

As long as he is still visiting us i feel a little optimistic

It will be interesting to see if galliard and TV visit the same weekend

Advertisement
I mean it just seems like a mom that wants to learn about everything about the school and who supports her son. You take the interview the way you want to

I did. That was my opinion I stated already. I obviously hope he picks us but after last years NSD debacle I'm not optimistic.

Reminds me of when Matthew Thomas and his Mom went to FSU.

She just wants to make sure everything is on the up and up before her son officially signs with them.

we don't pay for play. his h.s. coaches are not ******* around here. they want their money.

Advertisement
Tracy Howard, Deon Bush, AQM are being misused? Their draft stocks are suffering?

I know what you are saying but it's not entirely true. Elite players make plays regardless of coaching. If all the elite players in South Florida started going to Miami, regardless of the coaching we have and how the players are used, there will be NFL scouts from every team hanging around the program drooling

Wait, what?

AQM kinda' was being misused. Although he wasn't ready for a heavy workload they could have gave him a lot more reps on 1st and 2nd downs instead of Shayon/Gilbert.

Elite players don't come to a school unless:
a. team is winning
b. team has a knack for producing elite prospects (...coaching)

Since we don't have neither as of now we won't be seeing a lot of that talent at UM.

we don't pay for play. his h.s. coaches are not ******* around here. they want their money.

How much does Diabeetus gut golden pay you to come up with this bull****? Travonte isn't getting paid, neither are his coaches. Kid doesn't want to play for Ho *** Dorito I and his so called "defense". Simple as that.

Advertisement
You guys are killing us with this constant whining about D'onof our d scheme yadayada give it a fnn break for one gd thread...

We still have the OV and Goldens in-house in our ****nal (IIRC) so i wont concede TV yet..

Advertisement
“I’m an explosive type of defensive tackle,” Valentine continued. “I’m not that defensive tackle that’s going to sit there and let the offensive lineman hold me. I’m going to tear the offensive lineman off of me so when that running back comes or when that quarterback’s wide open for me to hit, I’m going to hit him.”

If he goes to LSU he will be playing on the SEC network you nitwit. Sorry, but his tv exposure will be more there.

“I’m an explosive type of defensive tackle,” Valentine continued. “I’m not that defensive tackle that’s going to sit there and let the offensive lineman hold me. I’m going to tear the offensive lineman off of me so when that running back comes or when that quarterback’s wide open for me to hit, I’m going to hit him.”

How else does he have to say it, he's gone.

Advertisement
Back