The Best Loser

I'd like to think whoever came up with this **** was exercising savagery and sarcasm with this plaque--to prove a point or something. This is a bad PR--tied and potentially worse than the turnover backpack or Willie Taggart remarks on lack of hydration.

It looks to me like some local sponsor with the word Best in their title probably delivers this plaque after each game.
But even if that's true then the head man signed off on it.
We have a bleeding heart liberal in charge of our football program.

Advertisement
It looks to me like some local sponsor with the word Best in their title probably delivers this plaque after each game.
But even if that's true then the head man signed off on it.
We have a bleeding heart liberal in charge of our football program.

Even if it were true.... why publicize it.

JJ would use that as a door mat

Advertisement
Advertisement
Plot Twist: The award's return address was the Butner Federal Correction Facility where Nevin Shapiro is housed. If Jarren unscrews the plate from the slab of marble he'll find a hollowed out space in the marble containing an envelope with $4,000 and a coupon for a free lap dance at BT's Gentlemen's Club for his performance at UNC.

Don't do it Jarren. The NCAA eyes watch--unblinking.

Really really hope it's not true.....BUT seems to Fit the pattern of The King of Trinkets.

Well at least it's not a giant Teddy Bear

Last edited:
Advertisement
I constantly see our players on social media posting their highlights after a loss. This program needs to hate losing again. I feel like some of these guys are more concerned about their individual stats than the outcome of the game. The old school Miami would be furious with this loss, despite a few good individual performances.

Incredibly disappointing that Manny would hand out any awards after a loss to 2-9 UNC! That goes against everything he preached all offseason.
Handing out that trophy feels like it reinforces to Jarren and to the team that losing is ok. It goes back to the whole participation trophy thing.

This is absolutely pathetic on Manny's part and the biggest red flag I've seen yet. Completely goes against the "culture change" he promised. Makes me sick.

For the record, this isn’t a Jarren issue. This is a coaching staff handing out unnecessary trophies issue.

Don’t go blaming the kid, even if he put it on social media. The culture changes with the head coach first. If the HC is giving out trophies then that’s the culture he’s instilling.

This isn’t a player problem, this is a coaching problem.

For the record, this isn’t a Jarren issue. This is a coaching staff handing out unnecessary trophies issue.

Don’t go blaming the kid, even if he put it on social media. The culture changes with the head coach first. If the HC is giving out trophies then that’s the culture he’s instilling.

This isn’t a player problem, this is a coaching problem.
THIS.

Advertisement
So much wrong with this. The fact that it exists. How much time and money did we spend on making a loser plaque? The fact that our QB and leader accepted and then posted it online for the world to see as if it was something to be proud of.

Program just took another L. 0-3

Advertisement
Back