The beginning of "The U part 3"

ScorpioCane

Caniac
Premium
With all of the changes that have occurred within the last month: from the embarrassment at the Pinstripe Bowl, to Mark Richt retiring, to hiring Manny Diaz as our HC less than 12 hours later, to stealing Bama's next appointed OC right from under their noise, this all feels like the beginning of the sequel to "The U part 3." I mean for the last 15 years we all have been awaiting our return to prominence among college football elites, especially after the hype that the 30 for 30 series "The U" brought us with all the national attention and recognition.

Our recent events with Mark Richt and the hiring of Manny Diaz just feels like it was made for a hollywood script with both having history and/or local ties to the University. For some reason I just feel like this changing of the guard from the outdated 30 year old plays with Richt to the new Turnover Chain era with Manny represents the beginning of our return to the top. Just like everyone else I was waiting to see who Manny was going to hire as his coordinators, as they would be the most important hires in determining his success. And after the dust has settled, I am convinced until I see otherwise that the OC and DC hires we made were perfect for our current state. Manny brought in a DC Baker who is familiar with his scheme and the identity that he has already established with our defense and a guy who has experience calling plays in this type of scheme (check). The OC Enos he brought in appears to have a creative offensive mind and runs concepts that are similar to what we see in brilliant NFL offensive guys like Sean McVay and Andy Reid (not saying he is as good as or is those guys either). I mean he took a dog of an OC who both Alabama and Georgia both really wanted and one that Bama thought they had and convinced him that his vision and the path that the U is headed for is better for him as an OC, this is a sign that the tide is turning (pun intended). This is a guy who is well respected amongst his peer and appears to be a modern day QB whisperer (check).

Bottom line I think the main course is cooked (even with a few hires left that need to be made on the offensive side of the ball) with the OC and whole defensive staff in place, everything else are sides to the main dish.

I love the way Manny and staff are attacking the transfer portal for grad transfers and traditional transfers to supplement our failures in recruiting this year. I know a lot of of us want to see some heavy hitter recruiters to fill out the rest of the staff, but regardless I think after next year we will have a good if not great product on the field for both sides of the ball to sell, which will cure some of our past recruiting woes. There are no magic words (beside bags occasionally) that a coach can say that will outshine what we do on the field. Fix the on the field issues and recruits will come and that is what we did with our hires.

This post may seem premature now but when we look back in a few years, we will see all the signs and evidence were there right in front of us.
We are composing "The U part 3" as we speak either get on the bus or get rode over!

Lets enjoy this rise back to the top and embrace our commander who will take us there in Manny "El Jefe" Diaz!

"In Manny We Trust"

Advertisement
Advertisement
With all of the changes that have occurred within the last month: from the embarrassment at the Pinstripe Bowl, to Mark Richt retiring, to hiring Manny Diaz as our HC less than 12 hours later, to stealing Bama's next appointed OC right from under their noise, this all feels like the beginning of the sequel to "The U part 3." I mean for the last 15 years we all have been awaiting our return to prominence among college football elites, especially after the hype that the 30 for 30 series "The U" brought us with all the national attention and recognition.

Our recent events with Mark Richt and the hiring of Manny Diaz just feels like it was made for a hollywood script with both having history and/or local ties to the University. For some reason I just feel like this changing of the guard from the outdated 30 year old plays with Richt to the new Turnover Chain era with Manny represents the beginning of our return to the top. Just like everyone else I was waiting to see who Manny was going to hire as his coordinators, as they would be the most important hires in determining his success. And after the dust has settled, I am convinced until I see otherwise that the OC and DC hires we made were perfect for our current state. Manny brought in a DC Baker who is familiar with his scheme and the identity that he has already established with our defense and a guy who has experience calling plays in this type of scheme (check). The OC Enos he brought in appears to have a creative offensive mind and runs concepts that are similar to what we see in brilliant NFL offensive guys like Sean McVay and Andy Reid (not saying he is as good as or is those guys either). I mean he took a dog of an OC who both Alabama and Georgia both really wanted and one that Bama thought they had and convinced him that his vision and the path that the U is headed for is better for him as an OC, this is a sign that the tide is turning (pun intended). This is a guy who is well respected amongst his peer and appears to be a modern day QB whisperer (check).

Bottom line I think the main course is cooked (even with a few hires left that need to be made on the offensive side of the ball) with the OC and whole defensive staff in place, everything else are sides to the main dish.

I love the way Manny and staff are attacking the transfer portal for grad transfers and traditional transfers to supplement our failures in recruiting this year. I know a lot of of us want to see some heavy hitter recruiters to fill out the rest of the staff, but regardless I think after next year we will have a good if not great product on the field for both sides of the ball to sell, which will cure some of our past recruiting woes. There are no magic words (beside bags occasionally) that a coach can say that will outshine what we do on the field. Fix the on the field issues and recruits will come and that is what we did with our hires.

This post may seem premature now but when we look back in a few years, we will see all the signs and evidence were there right in front of us.
We are composing "The U part 3" as we speak either get on the bus or get rode over!

Lets enjoy this rise back to the top and embrace our commander who will take us there in Manny "El Jefe" Diaz!

"In Manny We Trust"
Every time we hire a new coach, I hear this very thing

While I anxiously await the U part 3 I believe we said this same thing when CMR was hired. Hope it’s the case this time around. Manny would look better as the lead guy

Let’s let this play out on the field first and see if we can beat Duke and win the Coastal first. Manny is saying and doing the right things so I think we’re on the right track. Let’s not forget that just a few years ago some of y’all were in the stands wearing ties because they believed Golden was the truth.

Last edited:
Advertisement

"In Manny We Trust"
Different words but this is most definitely a repost.

Came in here to say I have heard all this crap before but it looks like many of you already beat me to it.

Advertisement
Pump the brakes. Can we stop crowning? We still have to wait for the staff to come to full fruition and see what we do on the field. Can we stop rinsing and repeating the premature crowning?

Advertisement
I hope so.

People said the same thing about Golden. So I'm not getting my hopes up already.

The difference is Manny's has had success here already, which we should all put a lot of stock into. We have to be honest, Miami is a tough place to coach (i.e. the city, the fans, the culture, the school etc. it's all unique & different). And anytime someone has success here, you have to prioritize that and give them the benefit of the doubt.

"In Manny We Trust"

Diaz is killing it!

Thought after humilating Notre Dame a little over a year ago things were finally back the way should be and see what happened. Think this staff got a lot of holes and learning to do, but hope is all can have at this time. Not counting anything until we beat the gayturds and then the one after that and on down the line.

Advertisement
Back