The BEAST KC McDermott

Rivals update 12/19

-KC will be in Orlando along with the family, he won't attend the game "The night of the game is the night I show up at the hotel for the Under Armour game," "I'm not allowed to go to the bowl game - once I arrive at the hotel I'm under the observation and insurance of the Under Armour people.
-"I have to be there by 1 or 2 in the afternoon on that day, and we have a whole presentation with the coaches speaking to us, our first team meetings that night to get to know each other."
-Nick Linder is in the same predicament - he's also attending the Under Armour game with his big brother playing in the bowl game (checked he is on the roster)
- his understanding is that they'll be able to watch the game on TV
-"The way they have it set up is absolutely phenomenal," "They're putting us up in a spectacular hotel for a week. We're practicing at the Wide World of Sports, the second night we're there they're taking us to an Orlando Magic basketball game and we'll be recognized during that game. The night after that they're taking us to Hollywood Studios, are shutting down the entire studios just for the Under Armour game for five or six hours
-"And they have a player's lounge in the hotel, and when Shane was there they had PlayStations and Xbox's hooked up, eight or nine of them, plasma TV's everywhere showing every bowl game going on."

* Is Miami-Louisville a big deal for recruiting?
-"Bowl games in general help out tremendously in recruiting," "It shows the team was successful on the year. The more prestige of the bowl the better it is. Definitely for Miami being in its first bowl game in a few years tremendously helps out recruiting. Definitely if we win it'll be even better because it shows Miami is still better than Louisville since Louisville has been recruiting heavily in South Florida
"Showing we can beat Louisville and beat them with kids that stayed home shows something."

*UM 2014 class
-"It's phenomenal. It definitely helps not only for the future of the team, but it helps for the future and also the future of recruiting. It shows the younger kids, a lot of these kids that live here, stay at home, make it a hometown thing, so why go anywhere else?"

*thoughts on Johnnie Dixon decision?
-"I told him `I still have three weeks to change your mind,'" "I know he wants to go to Miami, and I'm still working on it. If we beat Louisville badly I think that will help him change his mind. I keep preaching to Johnnie that your mom has to pay for a plane ticket to go see you
"And I told him three players went from Dwyer to Florida when Urban Meyer was there, and within the first two years two of them transferred out." (Very smart kid, probably why he told Urb to F off)

*He has also joined the "Get dalvin to UM" Party
-"I think Cook definitely will change his mind - he's got his brotherhood at Miami Central going to Miami," "I think there's no way he leaves."

* Shane McDermott also played in the Under Armour game, and KC said his understanding is it's the first time brothers have played in the game

http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1589025

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/honors

Advertisement
"And I told him three players went from Dwyer to Florida when Urban Meyer was there, and within the first two years two of them transferred out." (Very smart kid, probably why he told Urb to F off)

Kc you sly devil you.

*He has also joined the "Get dalvin to UM" Party
-"I think Cook definitely will change his mind - he's got his brotherhood at Miami Central going to Miami," "I think there's no way he leaves"

http://gifsoup.com

Some of these Kids get that Urban Meyer be selling fantasies to these kids...I knw we lost Johnnie Dixon, but it seems like there is something there...he is a con man...always telling kids oh ur the next Percy Garvin...lol...Urban Lyar

Advertisement
KC is a monster. Him and Darling will probably get burn first year, they are both beast. The other oline guy probably redshirt and spend year S&C. I would still like another pure guard to help the run game, especially short yardage. These tall tackle body types playing guard have trouble getting low and under the big boys inside for those tough short yards. Got to love KC's slick stuff about Urban. That was a great point to make to Dixon.

He says in the interview "I know he wants to go to Miami, and I'm still working on it" I have also seen two posters on here mention the same thing about Dixon wanting to go to Miami... anybody know the scoop on this?

Kc you sly devil you.

I'm not sure what I like more about KC: The fact he'll be one of our next great offensive lineman or the fact he seems to genuinely hate Urban Meyer as much as the rest of us.

Advertisement
He says in the interview "I know he wants to go to Miami, and I'm still working on it" I have also seen two posters on here mention the same thing about Dixon wanting to go to Miami... anybody know the scoop on this?

He was all cane until a week or 2 ago

Advertisement

My advise? Drink one dose of whiskey...

Lol at anybody who thinks McDermott will red shirt.. He will be starting RT after spring ball.. Another good OL with Flowers, Mongo, McDermott, Bunche/Isadora, KC.. With 3 of those guys being 3 year starters and Bunche having over 14 starts in his career as well..

Advertisement
Lol at anybody who thinks McDermott will red shirt.. He will be starting RT after spring ball.. Another good OL with Flowers, Mongo, McDermott, Bunche/Isadora, KC.. With 3 of those guys being 3 year starters and Bunche having over 14 starts in his career as well..

Odogwu

I'm as big a KC fan as anyone, but I don't see him starting that soon. JMO.

And you forgot to mention my dude Gall. He's eating small children and dead puppies right now in the weight room so the world better be ready for him.

But regardless, KC is another dream recruit. Well spoken, ultra talented, and all Miami Hurricane. All those playmakers we had back in the day but everyone knows it all started up front with the most dominant OL in the country. Dorsey could have played those games in a tshirt.

He was all cane until a week or 2 ago

I think it's pretty clear at this point that was never the case. He seemed to be extremely impressed on his visit there and that pushed him to OSU since then.

Advertisement
Back