"The Bear" speaks up today

Advertisement
I don't even care about Manny. I don't want him fired because that will just extend our misery when another mediocre corch comes in to "rebuild" and we have to give him another X years to be fair. Fvck that. Fire James and let's get going. He had every chance to bring someone in to address his weaknesses and chose not to.
The next HC has to rebuild the roster. So I'm expecting the next guy to struggle until he gets dogs. If his classes are garbage then we screwed and will be hiring someone again in three years.

Advertisement
Some of y’all have never negotiated successfully at a high level and it shows. You have all the self awareness of a PETA ad.

Tweet 1: “Hello. We said you sucked on national TV. You heard it, and we know you heard it. Now I’m talking about it again.“

Tweet 2: “Just to show we aren’t unreasonable, we sincerely hope you clear this bar for the season! Look how low it is, shouldn’t be hard to clear it, at all.“

Tweet 3: “BTW, everything else in the athletic department sucks too. Goodnight.”
I believe The Bear was using the compliment sandwich approach

Speak Black Woman GIF by Robert E Blackmon
This, keep saying it until a real change is made!

Bruh this dude started to recruit studs late. He been here 6 years and can't land a phenom linebacker. Get this guy out my face.
It’s unbelievable! Like you said, 6 years - 1 linebacker drafted (Shaq).

Advertisement
The next HC has to rebuild the roster. So I'm expecting the next guy to struggle until he gets dogs. If his classes are garbage then we screwed and will be hiring someone again in three years.
But a new coach is the wool they pull over your eyes. It's a way to deflect criticism. It's an administration problem.

I honestly believe someone high in the Board went to Kirk and asked him to address this in the manner that he did.

Kirk has supported Miami for years now, he absolutely loves it when they are doing well. Makes too much sense to not ask him.
Im not in the know by any means whatsoever, but I kinda got this vibe too. Sounded too passionate and direct to be a simple segway into the topic at hand for me.

Miami being good is good business for the media, for better or for worse. Lotta vested interest in seeing this program back to where it should be from plenty of different perspectives and avenues...as always, it all just comes down to how loud it gets behind closed doors.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Do you guys think that Blake James, all by his lonesome, had the cojones and the authority to pay millions to Temple to rehire Manny? I am by no means defending BJ, only pointing out that only replacing him is not enough.
I wouldn't doubt he has a few board members who think he's great. And it's not impossible that Frenk likes him because he doesn't have to deal with anything athletics related.

Im not in the know by any means whatsoever, but I kinda got this vibe too. Sounded too passionate and direct to be a simple segway into the topic at hand for me.

Miami being good is good business for the media, for better or for worse. Lotta vested interest in seeing this program back to where it should be from plenty of different perspectives and avenues...as always, it all just comes down to how loud it gets behind closed doors.
I don’t think it was a Segway at all. Seemed to me it was a planned segment that Reece started by asking a specific question about the state of both us and the semenholes. As usual, Kirk being an obvious fan of the U spoke his mind and Chris chimed in because of his obvious connection to Miami.

Last edited:
LOL it was a fake punt. You don't know the difference between a fake punt and losing a game with their punter playing QB? He didn't play QB, actually. He played punter. He just happened to throw the ball from a punt formation.
Plus that really did not beat us. If Ivey doesn't fall asleep and play the receiver it likely fails and if Baxa could hit a FG we still win that game.

Advertisement
Back