Off-Topic The Batman

Advertisement
I’ve seen the previews. Looks like emo Batman with eyeliner.

It’s good?
Haha..... Batman is very emo in this one. It's awesome. Very well done. It's super dark. It's much different than the other Batman movies. It's more of a mystery type of movie than your typical superhero flick.

Phenomenal Cinematography.
Incredible acting (Tutorro is a national treasure and Pattison was better than most would think. Colin Ferrell also did his thing).
Insane score.

But the plot was really convoluted. Batman was Riddler's pawn the entire film, and as a friend put it, I'm not sure he did one cool Batman thing the entire film. I understand it was supposed to be a Detective film, and that's what had me actually excited, but it didn't really live up to that billing.

I need to see it again (which is a compliment in a way).

As of right now, I'd place it far below Batman Begins and Dark Knight.

Advertisement
Very good movie. Definitely top 3 Batman. Little long and I didn’t like this guy playing angry Bruce Wayne but love how dark and real it was.

Advertisement
I enjoyed most of it. It probably ran a little bit too long, but I like how it was kind of a mystery thriller.

Haven’t seen it yet. Hopefully they don’t try to teach me some kind of a social lesson. I hate those kinds of movies.

Advertisement
I finally got around to finishing the americans last year(from your recommendation). God **** what a great show.

I didn’t even know I recommended that to you, just simply forgot. So many porsts. But anyway, what an unbelievably fantastic show. I’m glad you enjoyed it. And although it was fiction, these type of people existed and may still exist to this day, and not just from Russia either.

Yes it was a while ago, so I started it. Then football season got in the way and I was able to finish it after. FX does a great job on tv shows for being a cable network.

Advertisement
Pros -
They were smart not to try a world building movie / massive theme piece like Nolan did. The movie is basically paced like seven

Stripped down Batman tech, lower end gear no gimmicks. Real feel even more stripped down than Nolan.

Dude from west world was good as Gordon.

Riddler was better than I thought.

Cons -
Too long

Not really a great movie. The I said above they were smart not to try to make a Nolan thematic piece but Nolan was so good at it he made great flicks. This is well executed and more enjoyable than all of the post infantry gauntlet marvel flicks but not great.

Gratuitous SJW ****.

It’s funny that I expected Patterson to be terrible as Batman in costume but he was OK there and more cringe as Bruce Wayne.

4/5

Pros -
They were smart not to try a world building movie / massive theme piece like Nolan did. The movie is basically paced like seven

Stripped down Batman tech, lower end gear no gimmicks. Real feel even more stripped down than Nolan.

Dude from west world was good as Gordon.

Riddler was better than I thought.

Cons -
Too long

Not really a great movie. The I said above they were smart not to try to make a Nolan thematic piece but Nolan was so good at it he made great flicks. This is well executed and more enjoyable than all of the post infantry gauntlet marvel flicks but not great.

Gratuitous SJW ****.

It’s funny that I expected Patterson to be terrible as Batman in costume but he was OK there and more cringe as Bruce Wayne.

4/5
Emo Bruce Wayne

Advertisement
Back