The Banners Screwed Up Our Coaching Search

proxy.php

LOL. Props for even logging into the same name on this board. If I was walking around with a giant tattoo on my face that said "I AM A ******* MORON," I don't think I'd step outside the house.

Advertisement
I hear that all of the good candidates turned us down because they didn't want to be associated with a rabid fan base. It was very embarrassing for the program.

Shame on all the banner bois for embarrassing the program like that.

:dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3::dbc-head3:

Bump. After Mark Richt's comments during the Herald interview today, it's obvious how much the banners scared off coaching candidates.

Advertisement
bama fans literally threatened a recruits life for not going to their school and any coach in the nation would take that job in a heart beat

I know you were being sarcastic but I think you're wrong.

I think we were lucky Georgia blew it and fired an amazing coach who happens to be a Miami alum.

If he isn't an alum then we're hiring schiano right now becuase none of the hot "coaching names were interested

Mullen was ours for the taking. They would have chosen on their own to go the Schiano route. USC and Georgia were both open and got no-name (relatively speaking) coaches. There seemingly was only one big big name coach out there and we got him (that felt good to type). So I don't think banners or fans or stadiums or lies about facility quality scared any prospective candidates off.

Last edited:
B
I hear that all of the good candidates turned us down because they didn't want to be associated with a rabid fan base. It was very embarrassing for the program.

Shame on all the banner bois for embarrassing the program like that.

Oh so these High profile coaches ( who were they ) turned us down because of rabid fan base ( have you gone to a auburn Bama game, or a Mich vs OSH game. And the banners, and you believed this *****

I was all Butch, but Mark instantly became the hottest available candidate the minute he was fired with half dozen offers immediately. He didn't have any problem with the banners. Who else was there? Patterson never takes any offer. Mullen would have but nobody offered. Without the banners Al would still be coach.

Advertisement
If sarcasm, my bad... but if not, we definitely don't need another weak minded coach running this ship! We had enough go those...

bama fans literally threatened a recruits life for not going to their school and any coach in the nation would take that job in a heart beat

Yep. The day Nick Saban retires/goes to the NFL, you're going to have a lot of coaches perk their ears up. I remember listening to WQAM a few days ago, and Channing even said to Canes fans that we're not that bad. They get ridiculous down in the South.

Anyone who thought the banners hurt our chances at a good coach or recruiting is a f.ucking idiot.

It forced Golden out along with the many emails written to the administration.

All of you should be on your knees bowing to the WEZ

Advertisement
Back