The banner we should have

Worrying about being a classy fanbase is some soft shouldered midwestern penn state bull****. This is not a classy fanbase or team. We're brash upstarts who don't care for the rules and want to win. We're supporting Richt by not flying a banner against him, and Blake has, so far in his tenure, overseen several of the worst years ever for Hurricanes football, including the worst defeat in the history of the program. I am not inclined to thank him for anything just yet. If the Richt hire plays out as I expect it to there'll be plenty of opportunities to thank Blake.

Advertisement
Lol

If you and your kind can't understand the need for a banner of support for Richt, after the other negative banners, we'll just agree to disagree.

Fly the banner.

Support Richt, or Thank Blake.

It's not an apology, it's a demonstration that Miami fans don't just complain.

Who ****ing gives a ****? Are we trying to prove something to other fanbases or something?

If I were you I'd start a gofundme and post it to the miami hurricanes subreddit and the 24/7 board. You'll probably find more people who agree with you there.

Were the banners about improving the program, or were they a circle jerk?

If they were about the program, then they should end the season with a banner of suppor for the new coach or positive recognition for the AD.

If it was a circle jerk, they can buy a banner patting themselves on the back.

It's not an apology ... It's consistency. Folks used the banner to show displeasure, they ought to do the same to show support at the bowl game, IMO.

Fly the banner.

Enough with the banners. If you want one go buy one. But those heroes don't need to apologize for their heroic actions or to do any damage control. People should be throwing parties for them and not worrying about their image. Their image is that of heroes like men returning victorious from battle.

If you're going to fly a banner fly one thanking the banner guys who ran Folden off.

LMAO. It's hilarious how salty these guys who jerked off Golden for 5 years are about the banners.

Nobody gives a **** about trying to impress other fanbases or trying to prove how "classy" we are. Go follows Rutgers football or something you ******* nerd.

You want a banner so bad, start a gofundme and set one up. Show us how passionate you are about the program!!

We should fly a banner over clemson's playoff game thanking Dabo for getting rid of that new jersey prick.

I think we should fly a banner apologizing to the Golden family and thanking them for their patience.

Advertisement
Love how some people love telling other people how to spend their money.

Wait. Some dumba** wants to thank our AD for finally doing something he should have been done at least a year ago - if not two?

STFU.

A banner welcoming Mark? Dude. He's getting paid. He's not doing this out of charity.

I am not going to lie, if someone flies a Fire Al Golden banner at his new gig I might laugh

I've been for all the Golden banners, didn't hide from dropping many dimes on them all (but wouldn't have done so without being a season ticket holder), which I never stopped being one.

For all the rest of the banners, I haven't felt compelled to give to. Those banners are for a specific reason, and they served their purpose (including the one that ran Randy out of here).

I have to admit though, I would laugh if someone did one over his new digs. I never really had anything against him personally, just as a coach of the Canes; however, he is close to an exception of getting a going away present banner.

I would support a support banner for coach L. He deserves everything good coming his way, a legend already.

If they were about the program, then they should end the season with a banner of suppor for the new coach or positive recognition for the AD.

It's not an apology ... It's consistency. Folks used the banner to show displeasure, they ought to do the same to show support at the bowl game, IMO.

Fly the banner.

Enough with the banners. If you want one go buy one. But those heroes don't need to apologize for their heroic actions or to do any damage control. People should be throwing parties for them and not worrying about their image. Their image is that of heroes like men returning victorious from battle.

If you're going to fly a banner fly one thanking the banner guys who ran Folden off.

I'm thinking: "Welcome home Mark. We paid the way for you."

Advertisement
Last time a positive banner was flown it blew up in our face within 1 month when Golden lost 4 of the final 6 games in 2013

The Banners need to stop. NO reason whatsoever to fly one. Show up to the games next year. That will be all the support Blake and the team will need.

Banners are trashy and Golden is gone.

Advertisement

Fly the banner.

Are you ever right about anything? Honest question.

**** no we shouldn't fly some hokey "thank you" banner. The banners did their job now leave it alone.

Advertisement
If Golden gets a job at one of the networks as an analyst, we gotta fly a banner over their office his first day there.

That **** would be epic.

Worrying about being a classy fanbase is some soft shouldered midwestern penn state bull****. This is not a classy fanbase or team. We're brash upstarts who don't care for the rules and want to win. We're supporting Richt by not flying a banner against him, and Blake has, so far in his tenure, overseen several of the worst years ever for Hurricanes football, including the worst defeat in the history of the program. I am not inclined to thank him for anything just yet. If the Richt hire plays out as I expect it to there'll be plenty of opportunities to thank Blake.
We are brash upstarts? Da **** are you smoking?

We should fly a banner over clemson's playoff game thanking Dabo for getting rid of that new jersey prick.

Finally someone acknowledges that game did a whole lot more for getting rid of Golden than those waste of time banners ever did.

The only banner that would have a shot at flying at this point would be to welcome Golden at whatever his next job is.

Other than that, the banners served their purpose and will not be flown for nonsense suggested in the OP.

Feel free to raise your own money and fly one but don't expect the WEZ to get behind or spearhead such a soft-shouldered act.

Advertisement
Back