The Bank (9/14)

View as article
Elvis GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Advertisement
lol Mario just finna show up at people's houses.....

Unsure how many people were still watching in the 4th quarter but they started talking about Orlando Franklins recruitment to the U. He said Mario was still only dating his now wife Jessica. Had a whole date night planned out, he was cooking italian food, getting his house ready, slipped off the loafers, when Orlando calls him and says "Coach, I think I am going to go to UF" Mario told him to hold on and he would call him right back so they could discuss it all. Orlando said he never called back and instead he called Jessica and told her he had to cancel, got in his car, drove an hour and a half to Orlando's house and knocked on his door unannounced. They kept talking until roughly 1am. Orlando said that showed him a lot, he doesnt regret a thing, the U was the best four years of his life and he would not be who he is today without Mario.
Saw that during the game. Very cool. Mario is relentless!

If the Gators season implodes like it looks like it will...

We should definitely put the full court pre$$ on Xavier Filsaime.

Having that kind of Speed on Defense is invaluable.

Ya…I mean besides the obvious Lagway

Filsaime, Hayes, and Kendall Jackson (underrated imo) are the kids I'd like to have…Wouldn't turn away Amir Jackson either

Advertisement
BAIN!!!! Is all we got that’s elite in my opinion. We might hit the portal for this spot

Rest very sketchy room going into 2024. Moss is too small
Kelley can’t stay healthy and hasn’t shown much in my opinion with his snaps so far in his career
Wayne we will see
Collins isn’t playing this year
Chantz isn’t very good
Harvey is solid not sure if he has 1 year left.
Then whatever freshmen we get most are light in the *** right now. Lightfoot probably has best chance to play as an EE in Jan

Mesidor gone?

After rewatching both the ATM and the Bethune game I've come to the sobering realization that you guys @Zanecane @BeastMode were both absolutely right. @LuCane had a great post about this earlier. We are not close to being as deep and talented at DE/EDGE as we had thought.

Bain is elite and will be a Messidor type in terms of being versatile with the ability to move from 3T to 5T. He will probably still be able to make plays at WDE(7T) in a pinch. Stud

Kelly gets banged up a lot and quite frankly has not shown much at all this year. He has the talent but he needs to put it all together.

Moss will never start here. Question is if he can be a good situational piece.

Wayne still has a way to go to develop but I don't see him as an elite pass rushing DE. I see a very solid to very good player. Not sure if he will be starter level here because Mario will recruit the position until he has a couple of AAs. One on each end.

Acheampong is an athletic freak but where will he fit in? Is he a DE? I don't know and suspect that the coaches don't know either at this point.

Marques Lightfoot will have every opportunity to win a starting job at DE as a true freshman next year especially if he is an EE.

Elias Rudolph has insane potential as a pass rushing DE but he must put on more weight and add strength.

We need to hope that Messidor comes back by UNC/Clemson.

Last edited:
Gaby posted this morning that they were all asked NOT to share locations of visits by the staff. They want to keep some under the radar. He made it sound like it wasn't just visits in Florida - some staff heading OOS....
I doubt he’s even waivering but I hope Dawson came up to try and kick the tires on Noland.

Advertisement
After rewatching both the ATM and the Bethune game I've come to the sobering realization that you guys @Zanecane @BeastMode were both absolutely right. @LuCane had a great post about this earlier. We are not close to being as deep and talented at DE/EDGE as we had thought.

Bain is elite and will be a Messidor type in terms of being versatile with the ability to move from 3T to 5T. He will probably still be able to make plays at WDE(7T) in a pinch. Stud

Kelly gets banged up a lot and quite frankly has not shown much at all this year. He has the talent but he needs to put it all together.

Wayne still has a way to go to develop but I don't see him as an elite pass rushing DE. I see a very solid to very good player. Not sure if he will be starter level here because Mario will recruit the position until he has a couple of AAs. One on each end.

Acheampong is an athletic freak but where will he fit in? Is he a DE? I don't know and suspect that the coaches don't know either at this point.

Marques Lightfoot will have every opportunity to win a starting job at DE as a true freshman next year especially if he is an EE.

Elias Rudolph has insane potential as a pass rushing DE but he must put on more weight and add strength.

Agree 100%. Where players are right now I think we can hold the edge and stop the run (with all the starters). I don’t think we have anyone who can currently be a menace purely rushing the passer. Scary thin as we’ve seen will need portals again

I think we hit the portal again for DE and DT

lol Mario just finna show up at people's houses.....

Unsure how many people were still watching in the 4th quarter but they started talking about Orlando Franklins recruitment to the U. He said Mario was still only dating his now wife Jessica. Had a whole date night planned out, he was cooking italian food, getting his house ready, slipped off the loafers, when Orlando calls him and says "Coach, I think I am going to go to UF" Mario told him to hold on and he would call him right back so they could discuss it all. Orlando said he never called back and instead he called Jessica and told her he had to cancel, got in his car, drove an hour and a half to Orlando's house and knocked on his door unannounced. They kept talking until roughly 1am. Orlando said that showed him a lot, he doesnt regret a thing, the U was the best four years of his life and he would not be who he is today without Mario.

Three SEC schools just reported Mario to the NCAA for a Level I recruiting violation...

Advertisement
Advertisement

Elite gets thrown around way to much but I think you are selling the group short here. I think Kelly is very good but we hope that he can show more, I also believe Wayne will be a very very good player for us, He is only a true freshman. I think next year a trio rotation of Bain, Kelly and Wayne will be solid and we will need to find that 4th guy to fill out the rotation. Elite? nah but the talent to be very good is absolutely there.

Advertisement
Back