The Bank (9/14)

View as article
Barber Shop Wwf GIF

CIS hitting Canesport like Shawn did Marty
Sweet chin music!

Advertisement
It’s been a while, but we’ve been working. Here is the latest in Canes recruiting.

- All offseason, Miami sources emphasized to me that they expected on-field success to jump start recruiting. They have been building relationships for a long time and now they are delivering the results. Nothing imminent, but the three biggest fish to monitor through December- WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade), CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) and DT David Stone (IMG).

- While winning will help with the 2024 class, it will do even more with the 2025 class. Miami kicked it off with a big commitment from WR Waden Charles (Palm Beach Central). I don’t expect Miami to slow down. Some names to watch (not an exhaustive list): DT Armondo Blount (Central), S DJ Pickett (Tampa), LB Zayden Walker (Ellaville, GA), RB Waltez Clark (Tampa), WR Joshua Moore (West Broward), TE Logan Brooking (Savannah), WR Vernell Brown (Orlando) and DB Bryce Fitzgerald (Columbus). It’s also notable that Blount has struck up a friendship with #1 overall player OT David Sanders (Charlotte).

- As we first reported, Miami is making a strong run at Georgia commit WR Ny Carr (Moultrie, GA) and there is mutual interest. His senior highlights are freakish. Some other names on the WR board: commits Chance Robinson (STA) and JoJo Trader (Chaminade), Jeremiah Smith, Ryan Wingo (St. Louis) and Gator commit WR Jerrae Hawkins (IMG).

- One change in Miami’s recruiting process- a renewed emphasis on evaluating senior film. They are constantly evaluating their own commits, other teams' commits and uncommitted players. They will also not hesitate to upgrade at a position if necessary. Two guys who have really stood out on senior tape- CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage/Wisconsin commit) and DE Booker Pickett (Tampa). Lucas is a verified 6’0.5, 185 with 10.9 speed. This week will be an enormous game for him against Jeremiah Smith and Chaminade.

- Mirabal and co. have not given up on Texas A&M commit OL Isendre Ahfua (Seattle) and are continuing to monitor there in case something happens. They are also still battling for OL Eddie Pierre-Louis (Tampa), who is going through the recruiting process.

- One big name to keep an eye on at OL: 6’9, 340 JUCO Markel Bell (Holmes, MS). He is the #2 overall JUCO in the country and has a connection to Miami’s staff.

- Miami is right in the thick of it for DT Aydin Breland (Los Angeles), who just released his Top 3. While Georgia is the favorite and always a threat, some view this as a Miami/Oregon battle.

- After losing LB Chris Cole (Salem, VA) to Georgia, expect Miami to keep the pressure on Gator commit LB Adarius Hayes (Largo).

- Miami is continuing to push with Daytona Beach Mainland stars CB Zavier Mincey and DL LJ McCray.

- They are also chipping away at Florida commit TE Amir Jackson (Portal, GA) and TE Davon Mitchell (Los Angeles). I expect another name there to join TE Elija Lofton (Las Vegas), who they consider one of the best football players in the country.

- Speaking of senior film: we knew commit S Zaquan Patterson (Chaminade) was a stud, but he is even better than a lot of people thought. Another name Miami is continuing to monitor at safety: Alabama commit S Red Morgan (Phenix City, AL).

- '23 signee DL Collins Acheampong was recently cleared to run and I’m told he’s blowing people away with his athleticism. Probably not going to be ready to contribute this year with the time missed, but he looks like a hit physically.

- Miami is always on the hunt for championship-level EDGE players, and don’t be surprised if we expand our board there.

Love trying to get into Tampa/central Florida area.

I wouldn't count much on Morgan. FSU commit, waiting on Saban to turn up the heat, and when they finally did, the kid committed to the home team.

I think he's one of the most underrated kids in the country, personally. I was ****ed to see FSU land him and thrilled when he told Norvell to kick rocks, but I don't see him flipping for a 2nd time and us pulling him out of Saban's grip. No certainties in recruiting, but I think that one is very unlikely.

The rest of this is very positive and very much in line with my thinking as well. We're going to flip kids and we're going to land more blue-chips. We just need to keep working and keep winning. Mario is too good a recruiter to whiff on this many of his big targets when it's time to sign on the line which is dotted. Go beat UNC to get to 6-0 in a month with Clemson coming to town and see how high we can get this ***** cranked up.
Agreed with all you said but how healthy is our nil right now compared to the teams we are recruiting against?

Advertisement
There are elite 5* kids who openly said they love EVERYTHING about UM but just need us to show a good product on the field. ( Ellis Robinson and Jeremiah Smith were very vocal) I am intrigued to see what other kids have voiced this to the staff but not so publicly. Let’s just keep winning and hopefully we find out!

Wouldn’t pay much attention to what recruits say. David Stone told every coach who talked to him that he was committing to their school, when in private he was always going to OU. These guys don’t put much thought into their comments to the media or what they tell various staffs.

Advertisement
Pray Hip Hop GIF by TV One

That being said...... It's not that, I don't want Judd as a QB recruit. I don't want Judd as our ONLY QB recruit, in this class..
Agree. Say Emory gets the QB starting role next year. Brown bolts or changes his position leaving Judd as our only backup. No bueno.

Id get a second recruited QB and perhaps a Portal transfer to boot.

Agree. Say Emory gets the QB starting role next year. Brown bolts or changes his position leaving Judd as our only backup. No bueno.

Id get a second recruited QB and perhaps a Portal transfer to boot.
Need to show this season that Emory at least looks legit. Silly stats, compelling highlights, etc. Or signal that TVD is coming back. Judd may turn out to be Joe Montana, but he isn’t Joe Montanya in anyone’s mind.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Crazy. How does a QB see over that?

That said, I don’t see him playing over Francis, Samson and McCoy. Might be better to use that scholly on a HS Tackle.
Stack chips. As you build for a playoff contender in the future, need depth and versatility and talent to raise the level of the room.

Advertisement
Back