The Bank (8/21)

View as article
Do you guys really believe Stevenson is a "true first rounder"? He played well last year, don't get me wrong. But he wasn't the game changer most first rounders are. Or has he taken a big step under Steele and Addae?
You do know Mcshay has him projected as a first rounder right? Does that mean he will be? Nope but just like we have slurpers that overrate our guys we have people who don’t realize how good some players are. TS is 6‘1 + , weighs 205-210 and can run. He was our number one cb the moment he showed up even though he hadn’t played cb since HS. He improved every week and was **** near locking his side down by seasons end. He’ll be on an island here a good bit and will move around situationally showing his full skill set. Imo he’s a Swiss Army Knife and is perfect for the new NFL. It’s not crazy to say first or second sound is possible.

Advertisement
TS
Couch
Porter
Dunson
Ivey
Graves
Curtis

The secondary has improved dramatically with Steele / JA. If the defense remains healthy it’s going to be really good.
You think Harris gets some burn this year?

Malik Curtis Spring Comments.png

Curtis strikes me as a guy who could help us inside (slot coverage) as time goes on. Hopefully, he continues to gain some size, because his feet are electric and allow him to be really sticky in coverage.

Advertisement
Ya know, I hope Mallory has a good season. He’s deserving and a Cane for life. WITH that being said, I hope he doesn’t get hurt because I have a feeling that he would def be overtaken by Skinner or Arroyo.

Portal kids can play right away, correct? We're at 84 with the Clarke transfer out.
Yes ... as long as they ENTERED before the deadline which I believe was May 1st. Guys that entered after have to sit out a year.

Advertisement
I'd really love to see Ivey put it all together at game time.

I also want to see Steed show what he's capable of.
What are the expectations on Steed this year? He is the poster child for perseverance around here. But (at least my) expectations every year seem to be..whatever he can contribute is a bonus. But this year I’m upping the bar and have higher expectations that I expect him to have a really good season and a good amount of tackles.

Why do some of y’all equate a weakness on the team to the apocalypse. It’s like saying “I’m broke” with 5k in the bank. You can’t buy a car but you sure as heck ain't starving.

WR needed an alpha and didn’t get it. Wish Rambo would’ve stayed but he did what he had to do to believe he could make the League. If he can’t it isn’t because he left. If we’d have gotten Zay or another dude in and out of the portal but we didn’t.

This is how I see the season: the WRs mean we get “crock potted” in the two games we probably weren’t going to win anyway: TAMU and Clemson. Those Ds will do enough to launch a thousand porsts counterfactualizing Lashlee’s effectiveness against elite squads (remember, he sucked). Maybe — maybe — they keep a few more games close that we should’ve won easily, but I by no means think they’ll “cost us 4 games”. They’ll just eat up our margins.
To answer your very first question, why do some of y'all equate a weakness on the team to the apocalypse, well that is fairly easy.....we have sat through 20+ years of coaching staffs that didn't wait for the other teams to expose our weaknesses, we went ahead and did it ourselves. It will take a while to adjust to competent coaching......

Yes, I immediately was 🤦🏿‍♂️ when I saw that. But I told myself that drill must have been called for the WR to fend off the defender for the ball, so Young wasn’t focused on out running Gattis. Thats just the way my mind works when it comes to the Canes.
I saw that drill the same way.

Advertisement
What are the expectations on Steed this year? He is the poster child for perseverance around here. But (at least my) expectations every year seem to be..whatever he can contribute is a bonus. But this year I’m upping the bar and have higher expectations that I expect him to have a really good season and a good amount of tackles.
I'd just like to see if he's any good. He looked decent at the end of last season, so if he can stay healthy in a non-gimmicky system, it would be nice to see his ceiling.

Ya know, I hope Mallory has a good season. He’s deserving and a Cane for life. WITH that being said, I hope he doesn’t get hurt because I have a feeling that he would def be overtaken by Skinner or Arroyo.
Will isn't getting displaced. TVD has said he has a chemistry will Will.

Scoop up a portal RB and keep the OL healthy, and I like our chances this season.

Advertisement
There‘s still spots up for grab especially at cb opposite of cb and nickel. There’s more competition in that room than we’ve had in a minute. Couch, Dunson, Porter, Graves , IVEY have flashed. The identity will be that of a Kevin Steele defense “ physical and tough “.
The key is always MOAR Ivey.

Do you guys really believe Stevenson is a "true first rounder"? He played well last year, don't get me wrong. But he wasn't the game changer most first rounders are. Or has he taken a big step under Steele and Addae?
I see him as a first rounder. He does everything well and he has the body/toughness for the NFL. I don’t see very many guys like him running around the ACC.

Advertisement
Back