The Bank (6/8)

View as article
Honestly 7+ is able to be sold as improvement. 6 technically is but no one is trying to hear about a .500 year. Even if we go 7-5 and then snag a bowl win to get to 8, I think we have a great class. Would rather us win 8 in reg season but just saying I think even incremental improvement will help the sell a ton for recruits.
Assuming TVD is healthy, 7 wins would be a disappointment. And I’d bet that it wouldn’t be a great class, top 7 like the 2023 class.

Advertisement
mobile is close enough to fla to be wild.

They got that fl and louisiana in them a bit

Maybe Mobile has a FL/Louisiana influence, but reality is Alabama has a couple of spots that have been trouble for a while. Birmingham has been on the map for years. Bessemer. Gadsden. You name it. Gangs migrated there at least as far back as the early 90's.

After Katrina, a lot of folk moved there from New Orleans and it just kept getting progressively worst every year after. Especially in Pritchard which is right outside the city limits.

Prichard was always rough. Had to go right through the pj's to get to the football stadium to play Blount. One year those cats almost didn't make it out and Blount actually won the game. LOL

Maybe Mobile has a FL/Louisiana influence, but reality is Alabama has a couple of spots that have been trouble for a while. Birmingham has been on the map for years. Bessemer. Gadsden. You name it. Gangs migrated there at least as far back as the early 90's.
Gangs have always existed. When I was first working in the criminal system in Atlanta every housing complex had their own gangs; Hollywood Road boys, Perry Homes, etc….
In the past 10-15 years those already existing gangs have been swept into blood, crips, GD’s. But there have been gangs in every impoverished community in America For much longer than the national dialogue on the issue.

Gangs have always existed. When I was first working in the criminal system in Atlanta every housing complex had their own gangs; Hollywood Road boys, Perry Homes, etc….
In the past 10-15 years those already existing gangs have been swept into blood, crips, GD’s. But there have been gangs in every impoverished community in America For much longer than the national dialogue on the issue.
Yeah I feel you. When I mentioned gangs, I was talking about GD's, crips, etc when referencing the 90's because I kinda overlook the neighborhood "gangs" as gangs. LOL I mean technically they are gangs under the definition, but every neighborhood had some form of a "group." in the 90's though, was when I started seeing the "national" gangs infiltrate into places in Alabama and Georgia that I was familiar with.

Advertisement
TBH, all we have to do is win 8 games this year and I’d bet we’ll have a top 7 class again. Now ofcourse id like to win more, but if we can win 8 the staff has a lot more to sell.
To me how we look is even more important than the win total. Beat the teams we should comfortably: BC, Temple, UVA, Louisville. Win at least 1 toss up type game: TAMU, UNC, NC State. And don't get blown out by Clemson should = a big time recruiting class.

Yeah I feel you. When I mentioned gangs, I was talking about GD's, crips, etc when referencing the 90's because I kinda overlook the neighborhood "gangs" as gangs. LOL I mean technically they are gangs under the definition, but every neighborhood had some form of a "group." in the 90's though, was when I started seeing the "national" gangs infiltrate into places in Alabama and Georgia that I was familiar with.
Yeah I just bring it up becuase the national media loves to talk about the increase in gang numbers and when people in Atlanta ask me I let them know we’ve always had gangs. But they didn’t have identifiable colors or names, and pre-social media they weren’t nearly as open about their existence outside of their local communities. But you are correct that the reach of the national gangs is everywhere, and mostly spurred on by the prison system.

Inside everyone has to at least affiliate. So even the local gang members have to switch over when they are inside, and then they take it back outside with them and all of a sudden the “____ street gangsters” have becomes GD’s because their top guy became a GD in prison.
This cycle will never end and what courts don’t understand is that the more people sentenced to prison the more national gang members we as a country create.

@DMoney there are still no class size limits right, just the overall scholarship counters? 2nd question is it possible they are gonna take like 30 players?

Yeah I just bring it up becuase the national media loves to talk about the increase in gang numbers and when people in Atlanta ask me I let them know we’ve always had gangs. But they didn’t have identifiable colors or names, and pre-social media they weren’t nearly as open about their existence outside of their local communities. But you are correct that the reach of the national gangs is everywhere, and mostly spurred on by the prison system.

Inside everyone has to at least affiliate. So even the local gang members have to switch over when they are inside, and then they take it back outside with them and all of a sudden the “____ street gangsters” have becomes GD’s because their top guy became a GD in prison.
This cycle will never end and what courts don’t understand is that the more people sentenced to prison the more national gang members we as a country create.
Exactly put up a couple 50 burgers on some of these ACC cannon fodders and make sportcenter.

Advertisement

100% TRUTH!!!!

To me how we look is even more important than the win total. Beat the teams we should comfortably: BC, Temple, UVA, Louisville. Win at least 1 toss up type game: TAMU, UNC, NC State. And don't get blown out by Clemson should = a big time recruiting class.
I agree with this

Advertisement
Back