The Bank (4/3)

View as article
Some guys on here were counting Bryant as in their transfer list as if he was already written off. Made no sense.

I love Guidry and am happy with Jackson so far but really don’t understand this lack of urgency on adding starters at both CB and S. Maybe we happened to land the two best DBs from Vandy ever but my brain tells me the fact they’re both starting is all I need to know about the quality of our DBs. Mike Williams was a starter transfer from a similar powerhouse program.

Not enough buzz about our DTs. Not surprised. When the young guys come in they’re going to be all the rage. But it will be because of the lack of talent we have with the existing guys as much as anything they’ll do.
I think our Dt's are good enough to hold their ground, but we definitely lack difference makers there.

Advertisement
I think we'll be ok a corner, maybe we work the Washington brother more there. Then we have the Freshman coming in from that performed well at the all star game, the guy from Washington will be playing slot, so essentially he's another corner, we could definitely use another solid man cover guy because of depth concerns, have to account for injuries in football.

don’t need buzz about the DTs. Just need them to be solid and do their job. We haven’t heard they were terrible either so you can look at it both ways

I don't know. When McIntosh, Norton, Willis, Nesta, LT camped, we heard buzz. When we were a top defense (Coker and prior), our DTs would regularly dominate practices. No buzz to me = no bueno. Hope you're right, think you're wrong.

Advertisement
Thanks D$ as always.

Looking at all these top 100-200 players Mario is trying to land I’m assuming the push for more donations to Canes Connection went VERY WELL?

With as many top Dawgs that the Canes are pursuing comes a LOT of NIL commitment as well so it’s good to see that we have the money to pacify all of them cause I’m sure Mario knows what the budget is and that all these guys can be taken care of with funds necessary to pull them in if by some chance Mario can land a large amount of them…

Advertisement
A few of your DT’s are god enough to hold their ground. Definitely not enough to go thru a whole season.

The edge players are the best we've had in a decade.

The backers are the best we've had in a decade.

If you can't field a high-level defense when your front is made up of what I just said, plus:

Jared Harrison-Hunte -- 37 year old grizzled veteran and father of 5
CJ Clark -- 6th year player with a hefty 401(k) and about 310 pounds
Marley Cook -- Another 6th year player who once squatted two of the Galapagos Islands
Thomas Gore -- Meh, but he can play a few snaps a game
Ahmad Moten -- 3rd year player who has to be 320+ at this point
Josh Horton -- Generated a ton of hype last year and redshirted but has talent
Armondo Blount -- Just celebrated his quince but still mega talented and, while I'm not counting on him to be an all-america, by mid-season can he not be a rotational player at his size?

then you need to look in the mirror as a DC. No, I don't see Vince Wilfork here. But this is just on early downs too....on passing situations you can kick Mesidor and/or Bain inside, and put Wayne/Kelly/Alston/Lightfoot/McConathy rotationally on the edge (along with Malik Bryant, too).

Again, is DT the strength of the team? No. Is it an excuse if they don't win 10 games. Also **** no. It's good enough to get the job done, when you look at the full context. Just don't get 100 kids hurt, like we always do.

The edge players are the best we've had in a decade.

The backers are the best we've had in a decade.

If you can't field a high-level defense when your front is made up of what I just said, plus:

Jared Harrison-Hunte -- 37 year old grizzled veteran and father of 5
CJ Clark -- 6th year player with a hefty 401(k) and about 310 pounds
Marley Cook -- Another 6th year player who once squatted two of the Galapagos Islands
Thomas Gore -- Meh, but he can play a few snaps a game
Ahmad Moten -- 3rd year player who has to be 320+ at this point
Josh Horton -- Generated a ton of hype last year and redshirted but has talent
Armondo Blount -- Just celebrated his quince but still mega talented and, while I'm not counting on him to be an all-america, by mid-season can he not be a rotational player at his size?

then you need to look in the mirror as a DC. No, I don't see Vince Wilfork here. But this is just on early downs too....on passing situations you can kick Mesidor and/or Bain inside, and put Wayne/Kelly/Alston/Lightfoot/McConathy rotationally on the edge (along with Malik Bryant, too).

Again, is DT the strength of the team? No. Is it an excuse if they don't win 10 games. Also **** no. It's good enough to get the job done, when you look at the full context. Just don't get 100 kids hurt, like we always do.
Add

Justin Scott and Artavius + D$ says they want one DT in the portal as well

I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but the gaps at DB, DT, combined with a lack of explosion at RB, do not make this a 10-win team.

There’s not much game planning needed when you can ram the ball between the A-gaps on a team.

Advertisement
Having 10 DT on an 85 man roster is insane.
Poor Daylen Russell thats 11 lol
Dj Khaled Mtv Emas GIF by 2020 MTV EMA

Advertisement
I don’t want to be the bearer of bad news, but the gaps at DB, DT, combined with a lack of explosion at RB, do not make this a 10-win team.

There’s not much game planning needed when you can ram the ball between the A-gaps on a team.

In TrumpyCan'e opinion the schedule makes this a 10 win team + Cam

That UF game will tell us all, they are terrible. Zero impact players on offense

Add

Justin Scott and Artavius + D$ says they want one DT in the portal as well

Jesus....Justin Scott completely slipped my mind, somehow. You're correct. There are ZERO excuses for us to not have good DL play. None. Again, will it be one of the best in the country? Likely no. But @Ghandi said teams should just be able to ram the ball down our throats in the A gaps. Who? We're not playing Michigan every week. That's silly.

We have how many kids who can play inside who are 300+ lbs with athleticism? Several. What more do you need? Miss me with the "we can't be a good team because we can't stop the run due to the DT's". I'm not buying that **** for a second.

Guidry's last 2 teams, against FBS competition, have ranked 5th (Marshall 2022) and 20th (Miami 2023) in yards per carry allowed in the country. If the defense isn't good, it's not because we have no talent at DT. That's a bull**** excuse. Get it done.

To the rest of his point, I share his concerns about DB and lack of explosion at RB. Those are legit concerns, IMO. DT, while not great, doesn't lower the outlook of the season. We're good enough there to beat every single team on our schedule.

Advertisement
Back