The Bank (4/3)

View as article
Advertisement
@DMoney what are Malik's measurables at right now? Has he eclipsed the 250 mark yet?

Do we have Lightfoot playing the Jack? I'm assuming McConathy is at End.

Great stuff @DMoney . Great to hear about Malik Bryant. It's comforting to hear that the staff loves the top three CBs(Porter, Richard and Brown) and a relief to hear that Stafford is developing. Still I have a hard time thinking that the staff is OK with the lack of depth at CB. Would be nice to land a kid like Ricardo Hallman or Charles Brantley(Just examples).

Has the plan changed regarding a portal RB?

Any names to watch for in the coming portal period?

No kidding on Bryant.

I thought he was destined to be a transfer candidate after the spring given how fast Pulliam, Aguirre, and Washington.

But the coaching staff put him in a position to succeed and he’s now performing as expected. Good for him and the staff.

Advertisement
No kidding on Bryant.

I thought he was destined to be a transfer candidate after the spring given how fast Pulliam, Aguirre, and Washington.

But the coaching staff put him in a position to succeed and he’s now performing as expected. Good for him and the staff.
This is a very important point and one that I'm glad you acknowledged. For years we have decried the tendency of previous staffs to try to force a square peg into a round hole. That's what makes a subtle yet impactful move like this both refreshing and exciting. Bryant was most likely struggling to convert to a traditional off ball LB. The staff saw this but instead of doubling down on an their initial mistake they took this obviously talented young man and put him in a position to do what he does best. Like you said they put him in the best position to succeed.

Ngl, I'm not the biggest fan of Elyiss Williams. I totally understand why they like him though. His measurables are off the chart. But his high ranking is mostly projection right now. IF he's willing to work.. yeah.. he'll be a first round pick. But even in the best case scenario, he's gonna need some time.

I was told that his blocking needs to be torn down and basically retaught from scratch. His route running needs a lot of work too.

I'm just not sure if I'd throw that level of NIL at a projection TE quite yet. I think there are other positions I'd address first.

Fun fact, his composite ranking is higher than his individual site ranking on all 4 recruiting sites. Not sure I've ever seen that.

@DMoney With college free agency the way it is, do you ever have to hold back on praising/identifying some of the trending players? Especially backups who don't have a direct line to playing time just yet.

Seems like everyone is looking for opportunities to tamper and poach, I would assume the staff prefers hidden gems stay hidden.

Advertisement
Dawson has not historically thrown a lot to his tight ends, so that has to be acknowledged.

But I think last year’s lack of production was a function of Arroyo’s injury and Williams’s youth.
While it's true that Dawson has historically not gone to the TE much in the passing game, that fact is counterbalanced by the reality of Dawson's current job and the history of great TEs at Miami. It must also be noted that the staff has been and is continuing to recruit elite pass catching TEs. I absolutely expect Dawson to incorporate the TEs into the passing game going forward. I agree that last year's lack of production was due to the factors you mentioned above. Honestly, Dawson would be an incompetent fool not to use the weapons he has at TE.

Seuseu Alofaituli

Will he still be in this class?
D$ just posted that contact with him has died down a bit and that we are currently working other options. That and it's only April 3rd and spring practice hasn't even wrapped up yet. Nobody here knows the answer to that question.

However I think I may know who does have the answer........
714GQMQRNrL.jpg

Advertisement
- After the Girard Pringle commit, I expected Miami to go on a run of commits in some of their lower-profile recruitments. That may still happen, but the message I get from the Hecht is they are being very patient due to their traction with so many top-of-the-board targets.
Can Byron Louis commit right now if he wanted?

- Contact has died down a bit with OL Seuseu Alofaituli (Las Vegas). Miami still likes him a lot but is working other interior OL on the board.

****…This kinda sucks. Sounded like a done deal.

Advertisement
I’m still surprised that a white TE from Indiana has serious interest in UM, and that our battle is with OSU and not ND. This young man must hate ND because having known a lot of Indiana kids, most dream of playing football at ND, and especially the white kids. And he plays a position, TE, at which ND has historically been very strong.
Painting with a pretty wide brush there ATL. I know a lot of "white kids" who can't stand ND

Some guys on here were counting Bryant as in their transfer list as if he was already written off. Made no sense.

I love Guidry and am happy with Jackson so far but really don’t understand this lack of urgency on adding starters at both CB and S. Maybe we happened to land the two best DBs from Vandy ever but my brain tells me the fact they’re both starting is all I need to know about the quality of our DBs. Mike Williams was a starter transfer from a similar powerhouse program.

Not enough buzz about our DTs. Not surprised. When the young guys come in they’re going to be all the rage. But it will be because of the lack of talent we have with the existing guys as much as anything they’ll do.
don’t need buzz about the DTs. Just need them to be solid and do their job. We haven’t heard they were terrible either so you can look at it both ways

Advertisement
Back