The Bank (3/28)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

- Miami is in a very good place with QB Air Noland (Atlanta, GA). He is a natural leader, and if he commits to Miami he will generate a ton of momentum on the trail. Someone around him on his visit compared him to the Pied Piper (the original one, not the King of R&B).

- If Miami lands Noland, they'd still likely take another QB. I'd watch a veteran transfer there, or 6'6 basketball convert Judd Anderson (Macon, GA). Still a lot of time left in the Anderson recruitment, as he has yet to visit and had numerous suitors emerging, but I'd put him as more likely than Luke Moga (Phoenix, AZ).

- I was told to expect this DL class to look like Miami's OL class last year. Miami has momentum with David Stone (IMG via Oklahoma) as he heads into his second consecutive visit this weekend. Miami is also doing good work with elite DL Kamarion Franklin (Lake Cormorant, MS) and Elijah Rushing (Tuscon, AZ). This position is the story of the class, and Miami is doing work here.

- There has been a lot of talk about CB Ricky Knight (Benjamin), but the DB I'd keep my on is Chalil Cummings out of Starke, Florida. He is extremely versatile and Miami is all over him.

- Miami is making significant progress with two names on the interior OL: Eddy Pierre-Louis (Tampa, FL) and Joseph Ionata (Clearwater, FL).

- The move from Stephen Field to Cody Woodiel at TE coach is not sudden and has been in process for a while. Woodiel is a rising star and Field will be a welcome edition to hard-charging recruiting operation that can use extra support.

- Continue to expect a big transfer DT. I'd also watch LB, CB and S as positions of need.

- Running back remains a huge uncertainty, due to the delays in Trevonte Citizen's recovery and the injury history of Don Chaney. Continue to expect a transfer there.

- The same goes for WR. Gary Bryant (USC transfer) and Tyler Harrell (Alabama transfer) remain in the mix, but I don't get the sense anything is a sure thing with either. Miami likes the development of their split ends and slot receivers, but would love an explosive speedster at flanker.

Advertisement

- Miami is in a very good place with QB Air Noland (Atlanta, GA). He is a natural leader, and if he commits to Miami he will generate a ton of momentum on the trail. Someone around him on his visit compared him to the Pied Piper (the original one, not the King of R&B).

- If Miami lands Noland, they'd still likely take another QB. I'd watch a veteran transfer there, or 6'6 basketball convert Judd Anderson (Macon, GA). Still a lot of time left in the Anderson recruitment, as he has yet to visit and had numerous suitors emerging, but I'd put him as more likely than Luke Moga (Phoenix,

I was told to expect this DL class to look like Miami's OL class last year. Miami has momentum with David Stone (IMG via Oklahoma) as he heads into his second consecutive visit this weekend. Miami is also doing good work with elite DL Kamarion Franklin (Lake Cormorant, MS) and Elijah Rushing (Tuscon, AZ). This position is the story of the class, and Miami is doing work here.

- There has been a lot of talk about CB Ricky Knight (Benjamin), but the DB I'd keep my on is Chalil Cummings out of Starke, Florida. He is extremely versatile and Miami is all over him.

- Miami is making significant progress with two names on the interior OL: Eddy Pierre-Louis (Tampa, FL) and Joseph Ionata (Clearwater, FL).

- The move from Stephen Field to Cody Woodiel at TE coach is not sudden and has been in process for a while. Woodiel is a rising star and Field will be a welcome edition to hard-charging recruiting operation that can use extra support.

- Continue to expect a big transfer DT. I'd also watch LB, CB and S as positions of need.

- Running back remains a huge uncertainty, due to the delays in Trevonte Citizen's recovery and the injury history of Don Chaney. Continue to expect a transfer there.

- The same goes for WR. Gary Bryant (USC transfer) and Tyler Harrell (Alabama transfer) remain in the mix, but I don't get the sense anything is a sure thing with either. Miami likes the development of their split ends and slot receivers, but would love an explosive speedster at flanker.
I have been hearing that as well for the DL class.

Advertisement
Happy Love It GIF by Saturday Night Live

It could be the fact that we don’t have any commits (minus ST player) but does it seem like Mario’s recruiting philosophy has changed?

Last year was very brash, in your face, blow up social media, be cryptic, and just loud about everything. This year seems like he just wants everyone to stfu, go under the radar, and deliver results.

It’s either that or I unfollowed Ruiz on Twitter so things have naturally quieted down on my end.

Advertisement
Great update, I've been hearing we expect some commitments end of month. Any idea who may commit in the next few days?

Last edited:
So for the last 20 years we have been saying how our trench bullies were getting bullied and that we had weak lines. Now we're finally building both. WOW!! What took so long? hahah
Randy: recruits 1479 LBs and no trenches
golden: recruits NJ guys and fed them burgers
Manny: recruits 3 star DE and converts them into DT

Advertisement
It could be the fact that we don’t have any commits (minus ST player) but does it seem like Mario’s recruiting philosophy has changed?

Last year was very brash, in your face, blow up social media, be cryptic, and just loud about everything. This year seems like he just wants everyone to stfu, go under the radar, and deliver results.

It’s either that or I unfollowed Ruiz on Twitter so things have naturally quieted down on my end.
Similar trajectory to last year. March and April were slim pickings and people wondered why our class was so small. Then May and June came around and there was an explosion of top level recruits committing seemingly every week. Mario goes through a thorough proccess and allows recruits to go on their visits so when they make a decision they are locked in .

Really looking forward to seeing this class come together. Mario knows how to recruit and has now been in role long enough to have developed relationships with these recruits as the HC of Miami for over a year now. It's no longer his honeymoon class. But for Mario, those rules don't apply. He's just getting the flywheel spinning.

I love the additional focus on the portal to win games now. Bummed neither of the two WRs currently in the portal are leaning our way, because we desperately need a WR1. I hope you're right a great one enters and we are able to snag him. QB, RB, DT, LB, CB and S all make sense, as well, given our lack of seasoned talent on roster right now. Truly shocking the state that Manny left the team. Can we claw back some of the money we paid him?

I continue to be disappointed in no mention of targeting an OT transfer. Can't believe we're going to roll with an injured Zion, and injured McCoy, a kid in Rivers whose best spot is as a OG, Chris Washington who has shown nothing so far, and the freshmen phenoms. That is just way too thin and wishful thinking.

You just answered your own question, lol. ... Does Mario see any value in the media, especially the scouting media? I just don't see it. And I'll bet he advises the recruits not to engage as it's a huge distraction from football and school. A larger portion of his recruits seem be more mindful of their time and to go about their business than those from prior staffs..

Advertisement
I like Judd Anderson better than Moga
I have a buddy of mine that's coached against him (DB coach at a rival high school). His exact words about Anderson was this, "The Kid is REALLY good, but makes some really questionable decisions with the ball, at times. The arm talent is there though." Maybe his bad decisions come from the fact that he was basically new to the offense. But he will take chances

Advertisement
Back