The Bank (3/18)

Citizen coming off a 2 year injury. Fletcher might night play this year (injury). 2 freshman RBs

CJJ undersized.

Lots of question marks
Fletcher might not play this spring or Fletcher might not play at all this entire year? I thought it was widely reported he'd be ready by fall camp?

Advertisement
Citizen coming off a 2 year injury. Fletcher might night play this year (injury). 2 freshman RBs

CJJ undersized.

Lots of question marks

anyone who doesn't understand why Miami wants to be aggressive at RB in the portal should go listen to the newest Inside the U podcast where they judge each position group because Lake and Gaby explain at length that Miami's coaching staff views its RB room as not being at a championship level. we do not have a dynamic, day 1 or day 2 type NFL running back on the roster. Parrish, Allen are fine; the young guys are fast but small and not mega recruits; Citizen is a major question mark.

Fletcher is a good RB. but at Georgia, Ohio State, Bama, Texas, Oklahoma etc he's just one of the guys. compare Trey Benson's size and athleticism to every RB on our roster. Miami now has a coaching staff that holds every position group to that standard but our fans are still used to overrating our own players. back before the Alabama game to open the 2021 season there were plenty of people on CIS arguing that Miami indisputably had one of the best and deepest RB rooms in the country because we had Cam'ron Harris, Jaylan Knighton, Don Chaney, Thad Franklin, and Cody Brown. I have a lot of criticisms of Mario, but he looked at practically all of those guys and was like... NEXT

Last edited:
anyone who doesn't understand why Miami wants to be aggressive at RB in the portal should go listen to the newest Inside the U podcast where they judge each position group because Lake and Gaby explain at length that Miami's coaching staff views its RB room as not being at a championship level. we do not have a dynamic, day 1 or day 2 type NFL running back on the roster. Parrish, Allen are fine; the young guys are fast but small and not mega recruits; Citizen is a major question mark.

Fletcher is a good RB. but at Georgia, Ohio State, Bama, Texas, Oklahoma etc he's just one of the guys. compare Trey Benson's size and athleticism to every RB on our roster. Miami now has a coaching staff that holds every position group to that standard but our fans are still used to overrating our own players. back before the Alabama game to open the 2021 season there were plenty of people on CIS arguing that Miami inarguably had one of the best and deepest RB rooms in the country because we had Cam'ron Harris, Jaylan Knighton, Don Chaney, Thad Franklin, and Cody Brown. I have a lot of criticisms of Mario, but he looked at practically all of those guys and was like... NEXT
What you are saying makes sense, but chances are slim that a championship level back will be available in the spring portal.

What you are saying makes sense, but chances are slim that a championship level back will be available in the spring portal.
for sure. Mario took Henry Parrish and started him for practically two years despite never recruiting any RB as small/slow as Henry Parrish. it is what it is.

I'm just explaining that unlike some of our fans, the staff isn't deluding themselves into thinking that the RB room can't or shouldn't be improved upon. even if they don't end up getting anyone in the portal they are focusing on leveling up the talent in that room in a real way, because they know it's not where it needs to be at.

Advertisement
Very welcome news regarding post spring portal additions at those positions. Wording makes me think we may even have a few guys in mind already. Hope we can close on them because if we can, this has a chance to be one **** of a season.

Have to love that LB recruiting and it is as it should be. As much as I loved the takes of Bobby Washington, Popo, Malik, and then Hayes and Pruitt and would hate to lose any of those guys, this is what happens when recruiting is as it should. Yes some may go elsewhere and blossom but you always have another ready to step up.

A little concerning they want to be "extremely aggressive" for a RB in the portal. That somewhat confirms the concerns about Citizen and him maybe losing a step. Fletcher it sounded like should be back for Fall but with this news who knows. Parrish as old reliable, Allen I guess is getting passed over, Johnson who knows, then CWH and Lyons as the TF. A crowded room and prob hard to attract a bellcow guy. But again being extremely aggressive tells me we lose one or two to the portal by our choice.

OL recruiting is what it is at this point, never a concern there, the bar has been set high and no signs of lowering.

I like the names they after in the secondary, just need to close as that is still a big concern.
you realize the team hasnt been in pads as of yet.

How can they be passed over at this point?.

They need to be aggresive at rb in the portal...the rb depth is hit if your hoping on an oft injured citizen who hasnt done anything...fletcher who just had a sig injury...last year of Parrish and the rest undersize guys whom they havent seen game ready in Lule,CWH, Johnson.

They are likely going to be aggressive for a back over 205 pounds..they got beat out gor the back from toledo who went to Louisville rightbefore spring so that showed thats what they were lookign for maybe a bigger back shakes loose not sure though.

I could see maybe 1 leaving after spring though out of Parrish, Citizen. Allen only leaves if he is put out imo he already used his transfer and shirt.

This was a great Bank for me...just about ALL the guys who ive seen and thought should be priorities have been listed in the bank to be priorities of the coaches.

Im high on Ty Jackson over Ezekiel Marcelin and Alford. Id like to lock in Gavin Nix to.

Schott is the move te i want the most.

Ben Hanks Jr is a priority for me and CJ Ewald.

Jaelyne Matthews i think should almost get a Francis Samson bag im high on that kid. as well.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
The RB tea leaves are leaving a bad taste but if there's a problem in that room it's better to be aggressive and try to fix it than to just hope it works out. This is year three and CW wasn't cheap... since it aint my money, keep pushing chips into the pot and get the cards we need.

you realize the team hasnt been in pads as of yet.

How can they be passed over at this point?.

They need to be aggresive at rb in the portal...the rb depth is hit if your hoping on an oft injured citizen who hasnt done anything...fletcher who just had a sig injury...last year of Parrish and the rest undersize guys whom they havent seen game ready in Lule,CWH, Johnson.

They are likely going to be aggressive for a back over 205 pounds..they got beat out gor the back from toledo who went to Louisville rightbefore spring so that showed thats what they were lookign for maybe a bigger back shakes loose not sure though.

I could see maybe 1 leaving after spring though out of Parrish, Citizen. Allen only leaves if he is put out imo he already used his transfer and shirt.

It kinda cuts both ways when you say they have not put on pads yet. They have not put on pads yet they know they need another RB badly after one week of spring.

With Allen, it was a true assumption I admit. My thought was because his playing time seemed to diminish last year and I have not heard anything about him thus far and with a depleted room I expected some flashes, **** last year wasnt he the one averaging 10ypc in camp and everyone was going crazy for him. Now he is not even being mentioned and he is a smaller type back and those guys we have some youth in the room.

I also agree with everything else you are saying as far as the current room, injury, guys who have not done anything in games, but all that was known in the last portal window and we did not go after anyone as aggressively as D$ is making it seem.

I think the spring window, based on history, is not as big in terms of quality. I also wonder if a big name guy with multiple years of eligibility wants to come in. If anything, I think they may go for a GT who just graduated and like you said is 205+ I guess another way to put it is I see the spring window as a way for a team to raise its floor, not necessarily its ceiling. IDK if there is a back, barring injury, that will come in and immediately jump to RB1.

Advertisement
Confused as to why RB is such a big post-Spring need. Feels like we're more than fine there. Parrish, Allen, Fletcher, CJJ, CWH, Citizen, Lyle...

We need a Quinshon Judkins-type talent that can do it all at a high level.

There's young talent in the RB room, but Cam and our OL need to be complemented by a certified difference-maker; otherwise we'll be letting defenses off the hook.

Looking forward, Pringle would be a great get and watching Jasper Parker reminds me of Edge.

Last edited:
This also means that they don’t think moten is ready as he is the biggest DT on the team
And he's going into year 3 here so not a good sign.If we need to bring in another portal DT with Clark,Cook,JHH and Moten then Campbell and Gore need to leave to make room and not take any snaps away from the stud freshmen incoming.

Advertisement
Back