The Bank (3/18)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

Spring break is over and it's back to full speed ahead in recruiting. This may be the Bank, but we've been working past banker's hours. Below is the latest on what could be a spectacular class in high school and the Portal.

- Miami is building momentum toward what might be a big few weeks here in late March/early April. Stay locked in on CanesInSight.com and the daily Podcast. Should be worth your while.

- The following are a few players to keep an eye on in the next few...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Advertisement

Spring break is over and it's back to full speed ahead in recruiting. This may be the Bank, but we've been working past banker's hours. Below is the latest on what could be a spectacular class in high school and the Portal.

- Miami is building momentum toward what might be a big few weeks here in late March/early April. Stay locked in on CanesInSight.com and the daily Podcast. Should be worth your while.

- The following are a few players to keep an eye on in the next few weeks: CB Chris Ewald (Chaminade), RB Girard Pringle (Armwood), DT Floyd Boucard (Central), WR Tyler Williams (Sumner), OL Taren Hedrick (Community School of Naples) and Tylon Lee (Pace, FL).

- I'll put this close to the top since it's a such a hot topic- I don't expect Miami to have interest in CB Cormani McClain if he hits the Portal. They felt there were red flags during the recruitment, and his time at Colorado has only confirmed their suspicions.

- Expect the Canes to take two RBs. As I mentioned, there is momentum with Pringle and he's visiting this weekend. Miami is also in a strong position with RB Alvin Henderson (Alba, AL). One name who is visiting this weekend and was first disclosed a month ago in the Bank- RB Jasper Parker (Marrero, LA). He just got an Alabama offer and is blowing up. He has been compared to Matt Forte by Louisiana coaches and a source who has been around both says he is better than Tyjae Spears of the Tennessee Titans. When everyone gets eyes on him, he may shoot up the board for one of the two spots.

- I expect Miami to be extremely aggressive at RB in the Portal after spring.

- One name that is picking up steam for the Canes- TJ Alford (Vero Beach). The other names in the LB mix (along with commit Elijah Melendez)- Zayden Walker (Ellaville, GA), Gavin Nix (IMG), Ty Jackson (Loxahatchee) and Ezekiel Marcelin (Central). Ty Jackson will be visiting soon and has some huge fans in the building.

- There are a lot of TEs on the board and Miami wants two. Ideally, they would pair a more dynamic smaller TE with a bigger, longer guy. One smaller guy who is sky-high on the board and visiting soon- TE Brock Schott (Leo, IN). Just to get an idea of how tough he is, Notre Dame has offered him as a LB.

- The name at or close to the top of the board for the Canes is OT Jaelyne Matthews (Toms River, NJ). He is visiting next week.

- At EDGE, the aforementioned Tylon Lee is a major target due to his size and upside. He has a relationship with former Cane Ty Wise, and his teammate is Ty's son Grant Wise (an elite 2026 OL recruit). A sleeper name to keep an eye on at EDGE is Herbert Scroggins (Savannah, GA). He is visiting June 22nd.

- Miami has a huge grade on CB Ben Hanks (Booker T). He is up there with DJ Pickett (Zephyrhills, FL) as a must-get. Miami also absolutely loves S Drake Stubbs (Jacksonville). We recently sat down with the head of Hanks' and Stubbs's 7on7 team, Jose Duasso, on the CanesInSight Podcast (link above).

- A couple out of state names Miami likes at DB- Shamari Earls (Chester, VA) and Aidan Anding (Ruston, LA)

- I expect a big DT in the Portal. I also expect help at WR and DB. The key for both positions- they want guys who can beat man coverage and who can play man coverage.
Interesting DT mentioned before DB. Wonder if they have someone really good identified

Advertisement
I saw this interview posted a few days ago on YT then removed. Trying to figure out what inside information you shared that needed editing out lol. But really informative podcast, D$ and Coach Duasso.

Have to love that LB recruiting and it is as it should be. As much as I loved the takes of Bobby Washington, Popo, Malik, and then Hayes and Pruitt and would hate to lose any of those guys, this is what happens when recruiting is as it should. Yes some may go elsewhere and blossom but you always have another ready to step up.

A little concerning they want to be "extremely aggressive" for a RB in the portal. That somewhat confirms the concerns about Citizen and him maybe losing a step. Fletcher it sounded like should be back for Fall but with this news who knows. Parrish as old reliable, Allen I guess is getting passed over, Johnson who knows, then CWH and Lyons as the TF. A crowded room and prob hard to attract a bellcow guy. But again being extremely aggressive tells me we lose one or two to the portal by our choice.

OL recruiting is what it is at this point, never a concern there, the bar has been set high and no signs of lowering.

I like the names they after in the secondary, just need to close as that is still a big concern.

D, Among the RB recruits, where would you rank Byron Louis out of Heritage re:

* talent vs the other Cane targets
* likelihood of signing with thenCanes

Thanks.

Advertisement

- The following are a few players to keep an eye on in the next few weeks: CB Chris Ewald (Chaminade), RB Girard Pringle (Armwood), DT Floyd Boucard (Central), WR Tyler Williams (Sumner), OL Taren Hedrick (Community School of Naples) and Tylon Lee (Pace, FL).

- I'll put this close to the top since it's a such a hot topic- I don't expect Miami to have interest in CB Cormani McClain if he hits the Portal. They felt there were red flags during the recruitment, and his time at Colorado has only confirmed their suspicions.

- Expect the Canes to take two RBs. As I mentioned, there is momentum with Pringle and he's visiting this weekend. Miami is also in a strong position with RB Alvin Henderson (Alba, AL). One name who is visiting this weekend and was first disclosed a month ago in the Bank- RB Jasper Parker (Marrero, LA). He just got an Alabama offer and is blowing up. He has been compared to Matt Forte by Louisiana coaches and a source who has been around both says he is better than Tyjae Spears of the Tennessee Titans. When everyone gets eyes on him, he may shoot up the board for one of the two spots.

- I expect Miami to be extremely aggressive at RB in the Portal after spring.

- One name that is picking up steam for the Canes- TJ Alford (Vero Beach). The other names in the LB mix (along with commit Elijah Melendez)- Zayden Walker (Ellaville, GA), Gavin Nix (IMG), Ty Jackson (Loxahatchee) and Ezekiel Marcelin (Central). Ty Jackson will be visiting soon and has some huge fans in the building.

- There are a lot of TEs on the board and Miami wants two. Ideally, they would pair a more dynamic smaller TE with a bigger, longer guy. One smaller guy who is sky-high on the board and visiting soon- TE Brock Schott (Leo, IN). Just to get an idea of how tough he is, Notre Dame has offered him as a LB.

- The name at or close to the top of the OL board for the Canes is OT Jaelyne Matthews (Toms River, NJ). He is visiting next week.

- At EDGE, the aforementioned Tylon Lee is a major target due to his size and upside. He has a relationship with former Cane Ty Wise, and his teammate is Ty's son Grant Wise (an elite 2026 OL recruit). A sleeper name to keep an eye on at EDGE is Herbert Scroggins (Savannah, GA). He is visiting June 22nd.

- Miami has a huge grade on CB Ben Hanks (Booker T). He is up there with DJ Pickett (Zephyrhills, FL) as a must-get. Miami also absolutely loves S Drake Stubbs (Jacksonville). We recently sat down with the head of Hanks' and Stubbs's 7on7 team, Jose Duasso, on the CanesInSight Podcast (video above).

- A couple out of state names Miami likes at DB- Shamari Earls (Chester, VA) and Aidan Anding (Ruston, LA)

- I expect a big DT in the Portal. I also expect help at WR and DB. The key for both positions- they want guys who can beat man coverage and who can play man coverage.
This was a good update I’m glad Mario’s thinking like that for the portal he had me worried

Advertisement
As always, thanks for the update D$.

Not sure that I have any questions, just ready to get the pads popping so we can see how many, if any, of our 2024 class can help us this year.

Advertisement
Back