The Bank (2/17) (recruiting)

View as article
It's not hate. It's my assessment having watched his tape.

I don't think he's as good as he's rated.

He loses a sh*t ton of reps & has difficulty locating the ball.
yep i knew u always been clear with that assesment.

Got beat some in the national games. Against some of the good guys i listed. He also made plays against them as well. I like Porter and the Koger kid i think made a play on him.

I wasnt directly comparing him to Sanchez...speed wise its sanchez based off the track numbers and genetics. He looks to be a sub 10.8 guy.

Advertisement
That's good size for CB. This kid is a definite take in my book.
Oh for sure. A Prop Joe Special is a definite take. (PAUSE)

If hes a priority which he is and we land him (hes a lean) pairing him with another strong group of 2 other cbs if its Pickett and Glbert
or any of the grouping of Greg Thomas (may be an fsu lean) and Ben Hanks (uf legacy).

Alot of folks wasnt high on Ryan Mack last year and we seen a jump in play and he looks to be a pretty good take right now as well.

Last edited:
Oh for sure. A Prop Joe Special is a definite take. (PAUSE)

If hes a priority which he is and we land him (hes a lean) pairing him with another strong group of 2 other cbs if its Pickett and Glbert
or any of the grouping of Greg Thomas (may be an fsu lean) and Ben Hanks (uf legacy).

Alot of folks wasnt high on Ryan Mack last year and we seen a jump in play and he looks to be a pretty good take right now as well.
I'm very very high on Ewald. I think he's easily one of the 10CBs in the nation. Kid is a baller. His verified speed is what's going to differentiate him against the other top CBs.

Looks like we’ve got a real nail biter going here. Every move has a next level counter move.

IMG_4602.gif

Spring practice is two weeks away, but Miami is hard at work with the 2024 team and the Class of 2025. I posted some news on the team here. Some recruiting quick hitters for the weekend:

- Miami is laser focused on adding speed at every position. One name to keep your eye on: Armwood RB Girard Pringle Jr. (10.89 100M as a sophomore).

- This LB class is shaping up to be a monster. It's still early, but Miami is doing great work with Zayden Walker (Ellaville, GA), Gavin Nix (IMG) and commitment Elijah Melendez (Kissimmee, FL). They also like local kids Ezekiel Marcelin (Central) and Ty Jackson (Loxahatchee), who is a monster athletically.

- Miami is not afraid to go after anybody's commitment list, as they showed last year when they stole Ny Carr from Georgia. Miami feels they have strong connections this year in the Peach State and are targeting several Bulldog commits. Two names to know: TE Elyiss Williams (Kingsland, GA) and DT Justus Terry (Manchester, GA).

- One name I kept off the last Bank- CB Chris Ewald from Chaminade. Don't read into that- he is a major target and Miami would love to pair him with CB Ben Hanks (Booker T) in this local class.

- A sleeper name Miami likes at RB- Jasper Parker (Marrero, LA).

- The staff didn't plan on taking two centers back-to-back, but Seuseu Alofautuli (Las Vegas) is too good. Miami is in a strong position there.

- There has been some discussion about what position DJ Pickett (Tampa) will play. I'm told Miami likes him at corner.
"continue reading" click thru is taking CIS into speak easy bar door scene...

I like it!

Advertisement

I had to go back and watch the film to see why you have such strong takes on Ewald. After watching it (again) only a couple things I question is his top end speed and willingness to tackle. He doesn‘t have the smoothest footwork but that's correctable. He plays physical and competes. He mirrors his man and tends to stay in phase more times than not. He does a respectable job of playing the ball and doesn't panic. CJ is a good prospect. I'm not sure why I can't see what you're seeing.

You can't see it because you're only watching highlights of his good plays...

He takes a lot of false steps is & poorly Coached on understanding leverage.

He's going to struggle a lot once he hits College because what he does now is not going to work at the next level.

Advertisement

You can't see it because you're only watching highlights of his good plays...

He takes a lot of false steps is & poorly Coached on understanding leverage.

He's going to struggle a lot once he hits College because what he does now is not going to work at the next level.

Just a reminder how good Zaquan Patterson was in the 2h of that game…My goodness.

Advertisement
Looks like we’ve got a real nail biter going here. Every move has a next level counter move.

View attachment 282732
I aint all so flo bro. lol

My top guys at cb are Pickett (TAMPA) and Gilbert out of Atlanta.

But i do believe the texas guys are overrated (not sanchez) a bit and EL thinks my guy is overrated.

It will be a nail biter throughout i want my guy to go to under armour or army game...we saw Ryan Mack go and match up with supposed big guys and out play them the whole week.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back