The Bank (2/17) (recruiting)

I wonder with addae gone will be a factor as a db in this clas.

“Miami was considered a leader for him but the departure of defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae for the Buffalo Bills has hurt Miami’s chances. The Hurricanes aren’t out of the running but it’s fair to say they’ve lost the momentum they had at the end of January.” - Adam Friedman(Rivals)

Advertisement
“Miami was considered a leader for him but the departure of defensive backs coach Jahmile Addae for the Buffalo Bills has hurt Miami’s chances. The Hurricanes aren’t out of the running but it’s fair to say they’ve lost the momentum they had at the end of January.” - Adam Friedman(Rivals)
boom yea i know he was an Addae guy.

quick answer.

Advertisement
Very overrated prospect.

His footwork is atrocious & he doesn't possess any physical traits that can compensate for his lack of technique.
this is why the coaches get paid the big bucks.

He's close to 6'1 170-175 with arms down to his knees. 3 years of film against south florida best and national best and not slap d*cks on that film.

He has alot of upside imo. He played safety throughout youth ball.

We will see how this spring eval period go with rivals camp/under armour camps coming. Hes certainly battle tested so thats likely where the rating comes from we wont recruited a corner that has went against better players devin sanchez included.

Locally Greg Thomas and CJ need to be priorities. I got CJ above Ben Hanks.

I already stated my top guys though im not locked into just S.FLA..Im high on Gilbert outta Doug (ATLANTA). The Purdue commit from Tenn looks to be a dog and them liking Pickett at cb is alright with me kid could be Sauce Gardner in the future. Hes ahead of Gardner as a player right now coming out

Last edited:
All things considered, Ewald would be a great addition to the class. He’s very respected locally & turning him away could cause some rifts elsewhere. I do also believe Menmon is partially right though, he can’t be the centerpiece CB prospect.

But CB3? The good outweighs the bad.

Advertisement
Very overrated prospect.

His footwork is atrocious & he doesn't possess any physical traits that can compensate for his lack of technique.
Janet Jackson Reaction GIF

You going too far with the Ewald hate. The kid is legit and good. I'm willing to die on this hill. Lol

It's February. Mario will deal with this. We still have spring visits, summer visits, official and in-season visits left. Longggggg way to go.

this is why the coaches get paid the big bucks.

He's close to 6'1 170-175 with arms down to his knees. 3 years of film against south florida best and national best and not slap d*cks on that film.

He has alot of upside imo. He played safety throughout youth ball.

We will see how this spring eval period go with rivals camp/under armour camps coming. Hes certainly battle tested so thats likely where the rating comes from we wont recruited a corner that has went against better players devin sanchez included.

Locally Greg Thomas and CJ need to be priorities. I got CJ above Ben Hanks.

I already stated my top guys though im not locked into just S.FLA..Im high on Gilbert outta Doug (ATLANTA). The Purdue commit from Tenn looks to be a dog and them liking Pickett at cb is alright with me kid could be Sauce Gardner in the future. Hes ahead of Gardner as a player right now coming out
Who are these WR's that he went against?

Devin Sanchez goes to North Shore, North Shore is literally among the top 3 teams in the Nation annually. Maybe you're not aware, but Sanchez has gone up against

2024 4-star Jelani Watkins from Atascocita, 10.3 100m & 20.3m speed that signed with LSU. Literally the 2nd fastest WR in the Nation last year.

2024 4-star Zion Kearney from Missouri City, signed with Oklahoma.

2025 4-star Quannell Farrakhan Jr from The Woodlands

2025 4-star Tory Blaylock from Atascocita, with 10.7 100m speed

2025 5-star Dakorien Moore from Duncanville, with 10.6 speed.

Not to mention, North Shore plays teams like Summer Creek, Cy Fair & Westlake every year, these are top level teams. They play the toughest schedule in the the toughest district in the state.

He's not in the same stratosphere as Devin Sanchez, not physically, or technically.

Advertisement
Very overrated prospect.

Ewald ain't it.

I had to go back and watch the film to see why you have such strong takes on Ewald. After watching it (again) only a couple things I question is his top end speed and willingness to tackle. He doesn‘t have the smoothest footwork but that's correctable. He plays physical and competes. He mirrors his man and tends to stay in phase more times than not. He does a respectable job of playing the ball and doesn't panic. CJ is a good prospect. I'm not sure why I can't see what you're seeing.

It's not hate. It's my assessment having watched his tape.

I don't think he's as good as he's rated.

He loses a sh*t ton of reps & has difficulty locating the ball.
I guess we'll see. You're usually spot-on with your assessments. I'm a fan of Ewald. I think he can be player here. Would love to get verified speed and size on him.

As a person that watches a lot of film of these players and opponents, I am shocked at how SLOW Miami was last year.

Not slow as in I'm faster than them etc. but slow as in comparison to top-level P5 teams. It's a lot of average to below speed right now and I'm happy to see the coaches have agreed with me over the past couple of classes as they've prioritized more speed at all positions (which plays immediately on special teams).

Advertisement

Devin Sanchez goes to North Shore, North Shore is literally among the top 3 teams in the Nation annually. Maybe you're not aware, but Sanchez has gone up against

2024 4-star Jelani Watkins from Atascocita, 10.3 100m & 20.3m speed that signed with LSU. Literally the 2nd fastest WR in the Nation last year.

Not to mention, North Shore plays teams like Summer Creek, Cy Fair & Westlake every year, these are top level teams. They play the toughest schedule in the the toughest district in the state.

He's not in the same stratosphere as Devin Sanchez, not physically, or technically.
7YpchwZ5.gif

All those names sound cool but ummm.....None of them are JJ Smith. lol Hes been up against him for the last 3 years on a daily ...and JO JO Trader.

I mean you should know i could list Chaminade wrs alone that he has gone up against and it may out weigh the list and thats on a day to day in practice lol

If your talking speed no one else on that list mathces up with the AH group from last year other than Watkins...and the AH Group were...FRESHMAN. I got them beating him on the track to

Im aware of North Shore and what they go against and would like more kids from that area....but ummm yea my youngin been going against that type of comp from he was 9yrs old man lol..and they (chaminade) aint really ducking wreck from any teams even nationally.

This is last years group

https://247sports.com/player/naeshaun-montgomery-46134685/

Hate to say this because their program was built off my alma mater talent pool but check to see chaminade's max preps TOP 25 rankings lol North Shore possibly beats chaminade last years team but saying those schools dont mean much in the grand scheme of things against s.fla elite high schools they aint exactly playing chopped liver.

Last edited:
I guess we'll see. You're usually spot-on with your assessments. I'm a fan of Ewald. I think he can be player here. Would love to get verified speed and size on him.
Speed would need verification. But size wise hes above 6'0 170 right now last time i saw him a few weeks ago.

Advertisement
Back