The Bank (12/10)

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
These are two of the biggest weeks in recent Canes football history. I apologize for being vague, but here is the latest in a fluid and fast-moving process.

- Everybody inside and outside the Hecht is focused on the quarterback position. You already know the various names. All I can say is that I don’t expect Miami to settle for a second-tier player and I think a decision will come this week.

- This is college free agency. We saw that with Colbie Young, a good player who didn’t feel he was being offered enough money to stay. The staff is focused on upgrades and maximizing value.

- Some names that Miami likes in the Portal- Purdue WR Deion Burks, Georgia LB Xavian Sorey, Middle Tennessee DT Marley Cook, Tennessee DE Tyler Baron and Indiana C Zach Carpenter. I expect more names to jump in the Portal.

- The Canes continue to aggressively pursue DT Armondo Blount (Central) and he is a name to watch down the stretch.

- DT CJ Clark (NC State) had a great visit and I like Miami’s chances there.

- WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade) is watching the QB situation closely. Miami continues to have an intense focus there. Less of a chance with CB Ellis Robinson (IMG) but they are making Georgia work.

- RB Jordan Lyle (STA) remains a priority and a flip candidate.

- Spots are getting tight with the high school class. Don't be surprised to see significant movement in the next week or so.

- Not official yet but very good chance Jalen Rivers comes back for his senior year.

Advertisement
So Close Collider Video GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

bring me Ward.

Marlon Brando Movie GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back