The Bank (11/21)

View as article
Advertisement
They will land quality players in the portal. Some guys deserve some raises and will need them to stick around. But overall this signing class wasn’t overly expensive like last year.

TVD comes off the books and his deal should net you a good QB. Cohen comes off and should land a good starting DT. Deen comes off and can land another DT of his caliber. Taylor, Kam, and James Williams aren’t cheap. Lee has a nice NIL package.

Reallocating money will get you good players. But there’s key positions to replace. Potentially 3 top 3 round picks. Not a lot of room to whiff.
Perfect articulation of where we’re at. I just pray we can allocate appropriately

1 month from signing day and unless d money and others are being told to stay hush our biggest recruiting battle still left on the table to boost the class is Mincey. Fascinating.
We’ll have to add someone like Mincey just to finish Top 13 imo. Math just doesn’t add up with the teams behind us looking to add multiple quality guys while we add dudes ranked in the 500-1000 range. It’s just math and the formula, forget evals at this point. Speaking from a class rankings perspective.

Looks like Mario is going the portal route, which is absolutely fine provided he hits a slam dunk on pretty much all the evals aka Norvell…

JayCane saying this recruiting class didn’t cost that much, well looking at their rankings and (generally) their offer lists you can see why. Just a fact, while this board plays make believe they’re all better than their rankings and Mario is an exception to the traditional blue-chip ratios (despite Mario himself being a well-known star *****).

Three years from now (provided this class stays relatively the same blue-chip ratio wise), it will be fascinating to look back on and assess.

Mentioned last week went to Columbus playoff game, this kid stood out because of his size but didnt really pay attention because I never heard of columbus TE being mentioned locally or anything.. He has legit size and seems like he can run, just based off that you kinda wonder why we never heard of him, heard he was committed to stanford and that was that, went back to focused on Jose jr. Im still contemplating if I will check out their game against western but everyone playing on friday, UM @12, Dolphins @3, Columbus @4.. smfh..

:snoopfacepalm:
Dang that's news to me I didn't know we played on Friday. Good looking out.

We’ll have to add someone like Mincey just to finish Top 13 imo. Math just doesn’t add up with the teams behind us looking to add multiple quality guys while we add dudes ranked in the 500-1000 range. It’s just math and the formula, forget evals at this point. Speaking from a class rankings perspective.

Looks like Mario is going the portal route, which is absolutely fine provided he hits a slam dunk on pretty much all the evals aka Norvell…

JayCane saying this recruiting class didn’t cost that much, well looking at their rankings and (generally) their offer lists you can see why. Just a fact, while this board plays make believe they’re all better than their rankings and Mario is an exception to the traditional blue-chip ratios (despite Mario himself being a well-known star *****).

Three years from now (provided this class stays relatively the same blue-chip ratio wise), it will be fascinating to look back on and assess.
Him not finishing top 13 is such a ******* joke. What a testament to how ******* lost he is right now in this role.

Advertisement
Him not finishing top 13 is such a ******* joke. What a testament to how ******* lost he is right now in this role.
It’s not just not finishing top 13. It’s not finishing top 13 when you have almost 30 dudes in the class. If this was a small Clemson ish class with lack of quantity but top class quality you can live with being just outside the top 10.

But to have **** near 30 kids in a class and still not finish there is almost impossible with how the rankings are setup…. Unless you’re us 🤣

Well DMoney did say they’re going to drop guys. Let see if they can upgrade

I don’t think anyone would be happy finishing there considering the sheer size of the class right now. I get last year was technically a bump class, but you’d expect to build upon that with something in the 8-11 range. We’re holding on right now, but reading between the lines, a few of our guys are going to decommit. We just have to hope it’s not the blue-chips. We’ll probably have some drops too (much needed).

Well DMoney did say they’re going to drop guys. Let see if they can upgrade
Would be a good sign because you only drop guys if you’re confident in grabbing someone else - either HS dudes or portal grabs. I am all for the portal strategy of grabbing proven college players, especially at DT, QB and DB (even if we allegedly seem satisfied with the current room). The only downside is added pressure, have to hit the evals out of the park.

Advertisement

A weak 24 class also hurts the strength of the 23 class. Always good to look at roster building through lense of two classes at a time as that is how your two deep will be developed. Sure portal will help but by missing on this class we really lower our ceiling in 25/26. Even if we have a great 25 class it’s not ideal. I’d rather have two strong back to back classes and have the third one be weaker. Why? Cause when those back to back classes are ready to play you will have a strong team to make it easier to sell the future.

D$

Any chance Walter Nolan? Shemar Stewart?
Nolen would be electric, Shemar I’d take but he’s not DT1. He’s DT2, maybe even lean towards 3 imo (depending on how the rest of the portal shakes out). Truthfully, he regressed this season a bit.

One thing we have to keep in mind - everyone is well aware how hard High School DT whale recruiting was for us. Portal is going to be even harder, maybe 5x. Finite amount of studs, and all the big boys will be lurking. DTs are always in demand.

Checkbook needs to be open to the max if we want 3+ quality ones.

QB and DL are not going to be cheap. Every team needs to make choices on how they allocate their NIL money.
But you truthfully should only have to do this once. If we recruit well in HS this should only be a 1 year stop gap at those positions. It's not like we should be in the portal every single year for QB and DT. Miami has to do it one time, win and get a great recruiting class. Is that a wrong way to think?

Advertisement
LT is being badly advised if he leaves as a Jr.

He's flashed some dominant play, but there's nowhere near enough good tape for him to be a high Draft pick, imo.
He’s consistently a 1st round pick in every kick draft I’ve seen. They don’t mean much but a lot of times those type guys that everybody says is 1st round actually do end up going 1st round.

He's flashed some dominant play, but there's nowhere near enough good tape for him to be a high Draft pick, imo.
You must not watch the draft. Guys get drafted every year highly without consistent tape. Bryan breese and mazi smith both went 1st round last year and neither were consistent but had flashes. **** LT numbers after 2 years was basically the same as breese after 3. So he isn’t getting bad advice. If they are giving him a 1st or 2nd eval then go

But you truthfully should only have to do this once. If we recruit well in HS this should only be a 1 year stop gap at those positions. It's not like we should be in the portal every single year for QB and DT. Miami has to do it one time, win and get a great recruiting class. Is that a wrong way to think?
2023 class is over and we didn't address either. 2024 class is 3 weeks out and we haven't addressed either. At best we might get it fixed in 2025 which means we will be in this boat again the next 2 years.

Advertisement

I said the same but a scout for the Ravens told me it's due to a shortage of interior pass rushers. Super high demand.

He said the opposite about Kinchens. I see him in 1st round mocks everywhere and he's adamant that he shouldn't be in that conversation. Safety isn't crazy shorthanded in the league. They'd rather see that position unnoticed good or bad than to have their own 10 minute highlight tape of big plays, picks, and hits but have about 5 minutes of him on offensive player's highlights getting burned.

You must not watch the draft. Guys get drafted every year highly without consistent tape. Bryan breese and mazi smith both went 1st round last year and neither were consistent but had flashes. **** LT numbers after 2 years was basically the same as breese after 3. So he isn’t getting bad advice. If they are giving him a 1st or 2nd eval then go
DT is really weak in this years draft as well. I think LT could benefit from coming back and trying to be top 15 pick but cant argue the logic of coming out this year either. Plus at his size and arm length it would take a special year to get into the top half of the first round.

I don't understand having that many significant holes in year 3 as an elite recruiter. I know, I know I'm just the Miami mope.

If you don’t understand how bad our roster was over the previous 4 seasons you aren’t just the Miami mope but you the Miami dope too. Roster turnover ain’t for the weak, dopes or mopes..

Last edited:
They will land quality players in the portal. Some guys deserve some raises and will need them to stick around. But overall this signing class wasn’t overly expensive like last year.

TVD comes off the books and his deal should net you a good QB. Cohen comes off and should land a good starting DT. Deen comes off and can land another DT of his caliber. Taylor, Kam, and James Williams aren’t cheap. Lee has a nice NIL package.

Reallocating money will get you good players. But there’s key positions to replace. Potentially 3 top 3 round picks. Not a lot of room to whiff.
Lee is going to be very, very, interesting. Miami needs to do what it can to keep him.

Advertisement
Back