The Bank (10/5)

View as article
Advertisement
D$ starting off the bank with j smith?

:umuni3:
Staring George Costanza GIF

Advertisement
Ok! Where Yu and @illinois cane watch games other then y'all crib? I can't wait til we join da big 10 to visit northwestern and Illinois!!!
I live in Canton Illinois and have a few buddies that have 4 season tickets with Illinois each if this actually happens. If it does, I’ll try to hook you guys up with tickets if you need them

Advertisement
I live in Canton Illinois and have a few buddies that have 4 season tickets each if this actually happens. If it does, I’ll try to hook you guys up with tickets if you need them
Definitely! Keep me in da loop watching our canes in person is top 2 on my bucket list! I missed the Notre Dame game on purpose can't watch us lose to anybody!!

Definitely! Keep me in da loop watching our canes in person is top 2 on my bucket list! I missed the Notre Dame game on purpose can't watch us lose to anybody!!
I’ve got 2 season tickets with Miami so if you ever want to head down to hard rock I can probably help too

I’ve been clear on my feelings for Joe but those who use this write up to try and say how sucks doesn’t make sense. If Miami get McCray that’s a huge win if we can pair with with Blount. It would be the two best DT in the state.

Are y’all saying Joe sucks cause of Breland news? Y’all really thought Miami was going to win that battle??? Haha come on guys be real.

Coming off 5-7 and no proof of development for NFL DT and y’all thought we were about to go across the country and lane every top flight 5 star DT against the defending champs, O$U, Bama and teams like that? That’s your own faults for believing that to begin with.

Get McCray and Blount and hit the portal. He has 1 more year to prove his worth before Mario might start making moves.
If Breland goes to Oregon, I will be disappointed. Georgia, not so much.

Advertisement
- Quick 2023 team note: the bye week allowed some young players to make their case for more playing time. Three to keep an eye on: RB Chris Johnson, LB Popo Aguirre and CB Jadais Richard.

Great positions for young guys to be showing out on Defense. CB might be the weakest position on the team right now. And LB depth is suspect, one of the freshman taking playing time from an older JAG would be a great sign.

Miami was working hard in the bye week and selling a winning product. Here is the latest headed into a huge Georgia Tech game:

- Miami continues to feel great about where they stand with WR Jeremiah Smith (Chaminade). They have kept their promises on what the offense would look like. Remember, Shannon Dawson coached Jeremiah's cousin, Geno Smith. Jeremiah will be at Hard Rock for the game on Saturday to watch for himself.

- As we first reported in the Bank over a month ago, Miami has a huge grade on WR Ny Carr (Moultrie, GA). One staffer believes Carr is as good as anybody he's ever seen on WR screens. Miami will push to close the deal this weekend and they have an excellent chance.

- Miami has been making very good progress with DT LJ McCray and CB Zavier Mincey out of Dayton Beach Mainland. McCray is visiting Tallahassee this weekend on his OV, but if Miami can withstand that surge they will be in very good position. Miami also remains in very good communication with DT Artavious Jones (Blountstown), who continues to display NFL upside.

- On the negative side, DT Aydin Breland (Los Angeles) has been trending away from Miami.

- Miami made some visits during the bye week and saw some top targets up close. They loved OT Markel Bell, a 6'8.5, 340 monster from junior college. The word I heard was "freak." Miami has ties to his coaching staff and feel they have a great shot.

- Shannon Dawson was able to visit QB commit Judd Anderson (Warner Robins, GA) and came away very impressed by his arm and intangibles. Most surprising was his athleticism: he caught the game-winning pass in a comeback victory. Anything can happen, but everything I've heard is that Miami really likes Judd.

- One name to keep any eye on: DE Cole McConathy out of Mobile, AL. He is committed to Louisville but Miami feels he has enormous upside.

- Quick 2023 team note: the bye week allowed some young players to make their case for more playing time. Three to keep an eye on: RB Chris Johnson, LB Popo Aguirre and CB Jadais Richard.
Breland news is obviously a bummer, BUT, if right now you'd say you'll get Smith, Carr, McCray and Mincey to close but not Breland, I'd take that and not think twice.

Markel Bell, 6 foot 8 in.....YES please!

If we land McCray and Jones at DT to go with Lightfoot and Rudolph at DE I would be happy. We got the DT from Alabama and will try and land another Portal maybe this year.
only because of all the talk prior to the year about us landing the best DL class, bla bla would be a reason for someone to not be pumped about a class of McCray and Jones at DT and Lightfoot and Rudolph at DE. It may not be the best DL class in the country but those 4 dudes are very good/**** near ELITE

Advertisement
Rad doesn't scare me! He was behind the scenes when Clemson kicked the door in to become a bully! Let him work even frenk is getting on board by getting out the way!
Clemson turned the corner before he got there and he didn't hire Dabo so all he did was not **** it up. I guess he helped get buildings done which confuses me as he's not an architect or a brick layer as far as i know. I mean if the funding is there, im not sure what else he'd need to do.

only because of all the talk prior to the year about us landing the best DL class, bla bla would be a reason for someone to not be pumped about a class of McCray and Jones at DT and Lightfoot and Rudolph at DE. It may not be the best DL class in the country but those 4 dudes are very good/**** near ELITES

Clemson turned the corner before he got there and he didn't hire Dabo so all he did was not **** it up. I guess he helped get buildings done which confuses me as he's not an architect or a brick layer as far as i know. I mean if the funding is there, im not sure what else he'd need to do.
Facilitate, new buildings, marketing, get Mario what he needs like highsmith, basically he's an alum, and perceived as one of the best AD out there!

Advertisement
Back