The Balls of Ole Saban

Putting a freshman in that environment with the season on the line. Would Richt have done that? IDK **** I sure hope he would.

We were at that crossroads playing at Pitt and our first #1 ranking in years with a win. **** he could have at least put Weldon in and much earlier than Sherri at pretty much the end of the game. Pitt could not cover our WRs. All we needed was to hit a few open guys when there was multiple opportunities. There would have been no loss in depth by pulling Weldon or Perry’s shirt. Win and we were in. Rosier held us back the entire season after losing Walton. He never should have sniffed the field again after being pulled at Pitt. I doubt the outcome against Clemson would have been much different after losing Herndon and AR but then 2 weeks to practice for playoffs with a different Qb.

Advertisement
How courageous to put in a 5 star QB behind his 5 star OL with 3 5 star RBs and fleet of 5 star WRs. Huge balls.

Hes not the best coach hes the best recruiter, this this this

When he loads up the roster they can bench anyone

C'mon man, you can't deny Saban's coaching ability. His teams are always prepared and it shows.

But would he win it all at Miss State, Indiana, NC State, or Oregon State? If you say "Yes" with a straight face, you're lying.

I thought that's what Perry was?
As much as I wanted Perry on the field I think Richt was being a smart coach in saving Nkosi. He was still unsure if Williams was coming so he probably wanted to give Perry the best opportunity possible to learn the system with no pressure on him. It’s Nkosi’s job to lose in the spring because he’s had the time to learn no excuses

What's he saving him for? No way he stays he 5 y ars unless he sucks.

Advertisement
Putting a freshman in that environment with the season on the line. Would Richt have done that? IDK **** I sure hope he would.

We were at that crossroads playing at Pitt and our first #1 ranking in years with a win. **** he could have at least put Weldon in and much earlier than Sherri at pretty much the end of the game. Pitt could not cover our WRs. All we needed was to hit a few open guys when there was multiple opportunities. There would have been no loss in depth by pulling Weldon or Perry’s shirt. Win and we were in. Rosier held us back the entire season after losing Walton. He never should have sniffed the field again after being pulled at Pitt. I doubt the outcome against Clemson would have been much different after losing Herndon and AR but then 2 weeks to practice for playoffs with a different Qb.

I agree wholeheartedly with the premise of your post, but I will say that it is a lot easier to burn a redshirt when it’s a tangible natty you’re looking at. I said the same thing as it unfolded last night.

Yes, we controlled our own destiny. Yes, Rosier stinks and was having an awful game at Pitt. But we still had to get past Clemson to even get to the dance.

Maybe Richt would’ve done the same thing under last nights circumstances, and maybe he wouldn’t. But it was definitely an easier call, big picture wise, to do it for the natty like Saban did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off that kids should have been starting from the first game of the year not hurts. In the spring game he absolutely lit up Alabama's first team defense you could just tell he could throw the ball **** of a lot better than hurts

secondly you're in the national championship game you're losing 13 to nothing at the half your quarterback can't do anything at what point you have nothing to lose

he didn't burn tua's ship for that. Tua had already played

Perry was 3rd string. not 2nd, what don't you people understand?

perry was not better than rosier or sheriffs this year, any illusion in your head that thinks we had the best qb in the nation riding the bench is wrong

next year perry will be ready and he will have 4 years to lead the team. You don't put in 3rd string qb if you've only given the 2nd string one drive

Advertisement

Give me a break with this, what were his options. Hurts couldn't throw the ball in the ocean from the beach, no way they were winning that game with him at QB.

Good recruiter, average coach?? No. Part of coaching is recruiting. There is no seperation unless you want to start the X's and O's conversation. We are witnessing a dynasty like none other. Saban is responsible for it.

But Georgia showed the rest of the world that Alabama isn't so far out in front that a physical, talented team with a good QB can't get it done. Last year Georgia was 8-5. This year they made Alabama really sweat. But they couldn't win and that is the difference between Saban and everybody else. Many can stay close but most can't win.

Advertisement
Once again Saban proves that when given unlimited resources he is a fantastic coach. Equal playing field (NFL), not so much.

Richt did this already, he just put in a more terrible qb than Rosier at the wrong time..

As much as I wanted Perry on the field I think Richt was being a smart coach in saving Nkosi. He was still unsure if Williams was coming so he probably wanted to give Perry the best opportunity possible to learn the system with no pressure on him. It’s Nkosi’s job to lose in the spring because he’s had the time to learn no excuses

What's he saving him for? No way he stays he 5 y ars unless he sucks.
Maybe but atleast he gave Perry the opportunity to get ready and for at least the next 3 years he can be the man leading the team. Remember Storm18 will be coming in with great players and Surge19 will be on deck. By 2020 we will definitely be ready but I won’t be surprised that we make some real noise in 2018, 2019.

Advertisement
How courageous to put in a 5 star QB behind his 5 star OL with 3 5 star RBs and fleet of 5 star WRs. Huge balls.

Hes not the best coach hes the best recruiter, this this this

When he loads up the roster they can bench anyone

C'mon man, you can't deny Saban's coaching ability. His teams are always prepared and it shows.

They looked awful in this game early on. They actually looked completely unprepared for George's offense (which isn't exactly prolific).

And I keep hearing people say Sabin has balls for putting in the freshman quarterback, but I would ask why did he wait so long to make the move. That kid is clearly better than Hurts. Bama fans have been calling for the switch for a while. They got down by 13 and he had no choice.

Once again Saban proves that when given unlimited resources he is a fantastic coach. Equal playing field (NFL), not so much.

Saban's second go around as NFL HC would probably go leaps and bounds better than his first.

Where Saban was as a HC in 2005 is totally different than where he is in 2018.

It would be a Pete Carroll situation all over again.

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the CFB world that the QB who played 96% of their snaps was the better QB

Advertisement
Back