The argument that will be heard around the world this year.

Im sure you figured out the logistical nightmare of changing 65 schedules and venues 3 months b4 kickoff in between dutchmasters. Majority of revenue for most p5 programs comes from ticket sales. There is no football without fans in seats period, g5 p5, doesnt matter.
This what will happen. Cable companies will have to raise prices bc college teams will ask for MORE money to televise he games. Who cares if your in the stands there going to make you pay while your at home.

Advertisement
I see where you're going with this...and honestly, you have a point. I believe it will be a standard set 8 game conference schedule with a Conference Title game being hosted by the team with the best record between the two division winners. NY6 Bowls and CFB playoff will be the only postseason games played. Stadiums/Home crowd won't matter much because I'm of those believing that 2020 will played without fans in stadiums. If they do allow fans, it will be a very strict atmosphere that will have very low attendance numbers which pretty much will kill any home field advantages.
Can you imagine people seated 6 feet from each other or every other seat? Crazy I tell you

Oregon governor just announced that all major crowd events, including sporting events, will be cancelled or drastically altered THROUGH SEPTEMBER.

Ohio State is scheduled to play in Eugene in Week 2.

Unless she changes her mind drastically, that game is going to have little to no fans, if it's played there at all.
how can idiots cancel something through 5 months out?

It won’t be heard around the the world because three months from now they’ll be playing in full soccer stadiums everywhere.

This what will happen. Cable companies will have to raise prices bc college teams will ask for MORE money to televise he games. Who cares if your in the stands there going to make you pay while your at home.

Theres no way to replace ticket revenue with tv contract revenue. 100% impossible. The cable companies are in no position to raise prices when theyre already losing millions of subscribers. I still dont have ACC network and that was pre corona.

Advertisement
Cap it to season ticket holders only and that # cant exceed 25% of stadium capacity. Spaced out seating. We benefit the most cuz we’re use to playing in an empty stadium anyways. Am i right?!?!

That will be a cluster. Who is going to tell some of the Golden Canes that they cant sit in their selected seats, but have to sit elsewhere. What about people in the suite level or people who have couches in the LIV section?

Theres no way to replace ticket revenue with tv contract revenue. 100% impossible. The cable companies are in no position to raise prices when theyre already losing millions of subscribers. I still dont have ACC network and that was pre corona.
MAN..... THE MAN CAN DO ANYTHING THEY WANT? LOL

Since you’re saying it’s a punishment, should all schools be punished because some can’t play?
EVERYONE IS BEING PUNISHED IN SOME KINDA OF WAY. BUT THE SMALLER SCHOOLS ARE GOING TO GET PLUCK STUCK AND ROAD HARD. LOL

They talked about it on ESPN. The coach from Penn State said it not me. But everyone has there opinion about what should happen.
I don’t think we’ll see non-conference games or a week in between games. I’m going to assume only conference games and the schedule pushed back as far as possible. However, it’s money and everyone wants theirs. I do believe everyone, be it any division, will play to win the games. 🤷‍♂️ I hope we play them all. We need this season. It’s our opportunity to win. Fvck we have a QB!!!!!!!!

Advertisement
I don’t think we’ll see non-conference games or a week in between games. I’m going to assume only conference games and the schedule pushed back as far as possible. However, it’s money and everyone wants theirs. I do believe everyone, be it any division, will play to win the games. 🤷‍♂️ I hope we play them all. We need this season. It’s our opportunity to win. Fvck we have a QB!!!!!!!!
I agree we need to play to show people we have a great scheme and kids will want to play for us.

That will be a cluster. Who is going to tell some of the Golden Canes that they cant sit in their selected seats, but have to sit elsewhere. What about people in the suite level or people who have couches in the LIV section?
I agree but is it better than nothing?

Logistically tough. But can be done?
Season ticket holders would have to decide by a set date whether they plan on attending games. The set date depends on the seat redistribution time.
There's 40k season ticket holders. 25% opt out. 30k left over.
15k per game allowed so STH's can go to 3 games.

Do it by lottery.
With my luck I'd draw the first 3 games,
so forget the lottery idea.

Set up (2) 3 game packages.
FSU, Temple, UAB.
Duke, UNC, Pitt.
Wagner...well, open that game to the public.
Choose 1 of the 2.

Regarding seating.
They'll probably allow seating in groups of 2, then 3 empty seats (2/5 =.4).
So 37,500 of the 65,000 seats will available to be sat in (65,000/.4).
Without checking it seems like the 15k could be seated in the 100/200 levels.
I may be able to keep my seat after all.

Now I have to figure out the Orange Lot tailgating...

Last edited:
Not going to happen. From what I’m hearing and seeing on larger gatherings and events. Even the p5 need ticket revenue and each town plus state will have different guidelines. Background- I’m an executive for a Financial technology business that services events. We are seeing smaller events moving forward next week for the first time and larger ones cancelled through September.

Colleges are far more focused on students returning than athletics happening. Some colleges aren’t even sure that will happen at this point so I doubt all of the p5 schools will be able to pivot their focus to athletes fast enough to make this type of change happen even IF they all were approved locally.

Advertisement
Logistically tough. But can be done?
Season ticket holders would have to decide by a set date whether they plan on attending games. The set date depends on the seat redistribution time.
There's 40k season ticket holders. 25% opt out. 30k left over.
15k per game allowed so STH's can go to 3 games.

Do it by lottery.
With my luck I'd draw the first 3 games.
Forget that.

Set up 2-3 game packages.
FSU, Temple, UAB.
Duke, UNC, Pitt.
Wagner...well, open that game to the public.

Regarding seating.
They'll probably allow seating in groups of 2, then 3 empty seats (2/5 =.4).
So 37,500 of the 65,000 will available to be seated in (65,000/.4).
Without checking it seems like the 15k could be seated in the 100/200 levels.
I may be able to keep my seat after all.

Now I have to figure out the Orange Lot tailgating...
That definitely could work. Somehow I think that lottery for games won’t be so random when it comes to the Golden Canes. They would probably get first pick. We all saw how the Florida game ticket allocation went.

its called a contract. The stations have contracts with the conferences, and you think the conferences can just demand more money when most of these contracts are 10-15 years long? not Going to happen

That definitely could work. Somehow I think that lottery for games won’t be so random when it comes to the Golden Canes. They would probably get first pick. We all saw how the Florida game ticket allocation went.
Agree with you on the lottery.
Let the season ticket holders choose package 1 or 2.
I think it would be close to 50/50.
If they gave me a choice, I would probably take the UNC/Pitt/Duke deal.

Advertisement
Were starting to open everything up again in Northeast PA. It’s worse here then anywhere in the country besides NY. Relax. They’ll be football.

Advertisement
Back