The argument that will be heard around the world this year.

KOOLAID4L

Freshman
Let the power 5 teams play and everyone else take a back seat. If you not ready to play will see you next yr.
I don't see a problem with it, but why should schools be punished bc they cant play football? They might miss out on tv money, ticket and jersey sales.

Advertisement
Is this your idea or are you reading this somewhere? If so, please post the link. This is the first time I’ve seen this posted. TIA

I think this is pretty likely to happen. I think it's going to be a conference-by-conference decision, and the P5 are obviously most likely to play. We might even see conference-only schedules, and they may staggered out based on regional readiness to play. I think the playoff will probably still happen once all conferences get through their slates, but most bowls will probably skip the year out of logistical and safety concerns.

Im sure you figured out the logistical nightmare of changing 65 schedules and venues 3 months b4 kickoff in between dutchmasters. Majority of revenue for most p5 programs comes from ticket sales. There is no football without fans in seats period, g5 p5, doesnt matter.

I see where you're going with this...and honestly, you have a point. I believe it will be a standard set 8 game conference schedule with a Conference Title game being hosted by the team with the best record between the two division winners. NY6 Bowls and CFB playoff will be the only postseason games played. Stadiums/Home crowd won't matter much because I'm of those believing that 2020 will played without fans in stadiums. If they do allow fans, it will be a very strict atmosphere that will have very low attendance numbers which pretty much will kill any home field advantages.

Advertisement
I can see this happening just do to lose ticket revenue.. travel expenses.. etc...

P5 with their TV contracts can absorb that added costs

Oregon governor just announced that all major crowd events, including sporting events, will be cancelled or drastically altered THROUGH SEPTEMBER.

Ohio State is scheduled to play in Eugene in Week 2.

Unless she changes her mind drastically, that game is going to have little to no fans, if it's played there at all.

It the big five don't get TV money if they don't play they will play. NFL is releasing schedules tonight I hear. maybe no fans but the games will be played so they can get paid. Money talks and BS walks. Big time college will follow the $$$ too. Hey, games with empty stadium, sadly, works to our advantage. Or shutting down for the years helps us to. The big boys lose and year of play from expensive 5* they like to but.

Cap it to season ticket holders only and that # cant exceed 25% of stadium capacity. Spaced out seating. We benefit the most cuz we’re use to playing in an empty stadium anyways. Am i right?!?!

Advertisement
We had an ongoing lawsuit with arky st when we cancelled cause of a hurricane. Games are gonna be played. Wether it happens on a full half full or empty stadium.

Cap it to season ticket holders only and that # cant exceed 25% of stadium capacity. Spaced out seating. We benefit the most cuz we’re use to playing in an empty stadium anyways. Am i right?!?!

Miami isn’t even a huge draw and they still have between 40 and 50 thousand season ticket holders. The numbers are even more at some big10 and sec schools.

Advertisement
Way too much money on the table to cancel the season, they will find a way to play

James Franklin from Penn State said yesterday that conferences should be allowed to play if the majority of schools in their conference can. If, for example, 10 out of 14 teams in a conference can play football, they shouldn't be penalized because the other 4 cannot. Schools share media revenue anyway. If there is other revenue to be shared they can work that out within conference.

ACC, including ND, covers 10 different states
SEC covers 11 different states
Big 10 covers 12 different states
Pac-12 and Big 12 cover 5 states each

It's an interesting idea... Not sure how it works in reality and it doesn't take OOC games into account

Let the power 5 teams play and everyone else take a back seat. If you not ready to play will see you next yr.
I don't see a problem with it, but why should schools be punished bc they cant play football? They might miss out on tv money, ticket and jersey sales.

Since you’re saying it’s a punishment, should all schools be punished because some can’t play?

Advertisement
Just a thought from one of homies after I shared that 1918 GT pic that was posted in another thread:

Maybe teams can go scout their stadiums and block off certain seats to keep fans from being on top of each other. (Season Ticket Holders first priority)
All wear mask in order to attend.
Have open urinals sectioned off to keep distance in restrooms.
Vendors are treated like grocery store lines, 6 feet apart, and if a family attends, only one member per family can order/stand in line to cut down on congestion.

Of course the players should be tested, and it may not be necessary for all players attend the game or the entire band/cheerleading squad. Maybe a 4 deep rotation, and half the band & cheerleaders.

What do ya’ll think? You think those are feasible adjustments if allowed?

I say just go to the last electoral map and let the red states play. That’s where the vast majority of the good teams reside anyhow. No need to drag in the blue states as they have little to nothing to really contribute as it relates to college football and the upper echelon.

Is this your idea or are you reading this somewhere? If so, please post the link. This is the first time I’ve seen this posted. TIA
They talked about it on ESPN. The coach from Penn State said it not me. But everyone has there opinion about what should happen.

Advertisement
Back